Windows 10: Windows 10 - Active window keeps changing automatically or changing size automatically

Discus and support Windows 10 - Active window keeps changing automatically or changing size automatically in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have noticed recently that my screens are changing by themselves and I have no idea what is going on! I have noticed 2 separate things: 1.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MichaelDalton4, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - Active window keeps changing automatically or changing size automatically

Hi,

I have noticed recently that my screens are changing by themselves and I have no idea what is going on!

I have noticed 2 separate things:

1. Whatever programs I have open they will automatically re size. I will maximise outlook for example to it takes up the whole screen. I then notice an hour or so later that it has re sized it. Normally this is slightly bigger than the max screen. I then have to maximise again to take up whole screen.

2. In the middle of working I will notice that both screens I have 2 screens minimizing automatically and then open up again, often with a new window from what I was currently working on.

Appreciate these aren't the worst issues in the world but both are very frustrating. I cant work out what is happening.

I have tried scaling, windows update and various other things, but haven't found an answer.

Any help?

:)

MichaelDalton4, Jun 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Jun 9, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Jun 9, 2020
  4. EarthDog Win User

Windows 10 - Active window keeps changing automatically or changing size automatically

EarthDog, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Active window keeps changing automatically or changing size automatically

1. Windows 10 - Active window keeps changing automatically or changing size automatically - Similar Threads - Active window keeps

2. Svchost.exe keeps changing windows time automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Svchost.exe keeps changing windows time automatically: Greetings,I am using windows 10 pc, the system time keeps changing automatically.I tried setting up manual time and automatic internet time, but this problem was not resolved in either of these settings.I tried to run many cmd commands I found on the internet check...
  3. Svchost.exe keeps changing windows time automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Svchost.exe keeps changing windows time automatically: Greetings,I am using windows 10 pc, the system time keeps changing automatically.I tried setting up manual time and automatic internet time, but this problem was not resolved in either of these settings.I tried to run many cmd commands I found on the internet check...
  4. Svchost.exe keeps changing windows time automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Timezone keeps automatically changing.

Timezone keeps automatically changing.: I have a new PC and on it my windows time and timezone settings are always changing to Canada, despite me being in germany. BIOS seems to be showing the correct time and I manually changed the time to the right one, but the incorrect time zone is causing a lot of troubles....
  6. Windows 10 Authentication changing automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Authentication changing automatically: Hello, I am having intermittent problems with the built in Windows 10 IPsec VPN client. When using it with our Meraki Firewall, it will automatically change the sign on from User Name and Password to General Authentication when the adapter settings Authentication Protocol...
  7. Windows 10 display language keeps changing automatically

Windows 10 display language keeps changing automatically: Since I have installed the 1903 update my windows 10 display language keeps defaulting to Swedish and I have to run the following commands to revert to English: dism /Online /Get-Packages dism /Online /Remove-Package /PackageName:<all packages with Sv-Se in the name> In...
  8. Windows 10 Keyboard Changes Automatically

Windows 10 Keyboard Changes Automatically: HP EliteBook 820 Windows 10 Pro Version 1803. PC keeps changing from ENG US to ENG CAFR without my input. Location set to Canada. Format set to English Canada. Don't have the option sin the Control panel that are referenced in many other links on this topic. What gives?...
  9. Windows 10 changing the brightness automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 changing the brightness automatically: I have recently obtained a new EliteDesk G1 with Windows 10 Pro on the latest update and for some damn reason, the display changes the brightness depending on the application/game that is being displayed. If I show a dark image the screen turns dark and if I use a show a...
  10. Windows 10 automatically change password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 automatically change password: So around 3:30 am i was browsing the internet like normal when i had to go to bathroom about 15 minutes later i came back and i notice that i cant login because usually i have a 4 digit password and now i can type more than 4 digit i tried everything i could imagine even my...