Windows 10: Windows 10 actual size over time

Discus and support Windows 10 actual size over time in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I want to install windows 10, but I discovered it uses up a lot of space for no reasonI have two partitions at the moment, 81 gb for my windows and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MrMiniGreene, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Windows 10 actual size over time

I want to install windows 10, but I discovered it uses up a lot of space for no reasonI have two partitions at the moment, 81 gb for my windows and windows ONLY and 850 gb for everything elseThat is more than enough for my windows 7 and i still have ~14-15 gb free space But I asked some friends who have windows 10 and they all say it uses between 180 - 220 gb of space. Like that the actual sugarOfficial microsoft specs for windows 10 64 bit says it takes up ~20 gb. Lets assume over time it racks up 40gb of bloatware but 200 gb ??What is going on here ?? Why so much space ?? TL DR : I want to

:)

MrMiniGreene, Sep 21, 2022
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Sep 21, 2022
  3. locked Win User
    Storage showing as double the actual SSD size

Running Windows 10 Home 20H2 (Build 19042.964) on an AMD based Windows Surface Laptop 4 with 512GB SSD.

Even though it has a 512GB SDD as confirmed by both disk management and file explorer, settings -> system -> Storage reports the size as 951GB! I have searched but struggling to discover how to get it to report the real size.

Per the image below it shows
    • 553GB used - bigger than the size of the SDD
      519GB in system & reserved

Windows 10 actual size over time [​IMG]

System and reserved breaks down per this screenshot

Windows 10 actual size over time [​IMG]

Have tried various options including disk cleanup, SFC and DSIM to get it to report the correct size but to no avail. Any suggestions on how to correct this much appreciated?

locked, Sep 21, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 actual size over time

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 21, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 actual size over time

1. Windows 10 actual size over time - Similar Threads - actual size

2. My Canon MP495 can scans but when I print the image it prints in a full page not actual size .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Canon MP495 can scans but when I print the image it prints in a full page not actual size .: My Canon MP495 can scans but when I print the image it prints in a full page not actual size . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-canon-mp495-can-scans-but-when-i-print-the/2f44567f-598f-480a-87df-2c6b4337285a
  3. My Canon MP495 can scans but when I print the image it prints in a full page not actual size .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Canon MP495 can scans but when I print the image it prints in a full page not actual size .: My Canon MP495 can scans but when I print the image it prints in a full page not actual size . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-canon-mp495-can-scans-but-when-i-print-the/2f44567f-598f-480a-87df-2c6b4337285a
  4. "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size: Hello,So I have this 4TB external SSD that I formatted with exFAT so that it could be compatible with any computer I plug it into.The problem is that most of the files I put on the drive take up much more space on the drive than it should.The "Size on disk" is so much larger...
  5. "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size: Hello,So I have this 4TB external SSD that I formatted with exFAT so that it could be compatible with any computer I plug it into.The problem is that most of the files I put on the drive take up much more space on the drive than it should.The "Size on disk" is so much larger...
  6. "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size

7. Why is the video file size way bigger than the actual size, and why are they unplayable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is the video file size way bigger than the actual size, and why are they unplayable?: I tried to move some of my old videos to my laptop from my android phone via the type c cable. And it was a kind of damaged one, so it disconnected during the transfer. Some of the videos ended up okay, but I think a few got corrupted. Yes, I know those were some rookie...
  8. Why is the video file size way bigger than the actual size, and why are they unplayable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the video file size way bigger than the actual size, and why are they unplayable?: I tried to move some of my old videos to my laptop from my android phone via the type c cable. And it was a kind of damaged one, so it disconnected during the transfer. Some of the videos ended up okay, but I think a few got corrupted. Yes, I know those were some rookie...
  9. Why is the video file size way bigger than the actual size, and why are they unplayable?

10. Why video file size way too bigger than the actual size and why are they unplayable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why video file size way too bigger than the actual size and why are they unplayable?: I tried to move some of my old videos to my laptop from my android phone via the type c cable. And it was kinda damaged one so it disconnected while the transferring. Some of the videos ended up okay but i think few got corrupted. Yes I know those were some noob mistakes Now...