Windows 10: Windows 10 Adaptive Brightness Acting Strangely

Discus and support Windows 10 Adaptive Brightness Acting Strangely in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, I have my adaptive brightness settings turned on in the settings, the tick under display and screen brightness. When there is sufficient... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Max Xi, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Max Xi Win User

Windows 10 Adaptive Brightness Acting Strangely

Hi all,

I have my adaptive brightness settings turned on in the settings, the tick under display and screen brightness. When there is sufficient light, the brightness is fine and stuff, and the brightness will decrease to a dimmer level. But the problem comes when I want to increase the brightness past the suggested level, and I can't. All my drivers are up to date and the hardware is definitely not broken.

When I tries to max out the screen brightness in the dimmed room because I like the screen to be brightner, the brightness setting shows that I am on full brightness but the display is definitely a lot dimmer than the max brightness my screen can achieve. So for example, when I am in a well lit room, the max brightness I can adjust to is 100%, and when I go to a dimmer room it auto-dims my display. But when I tries to increase that, the maximum brightness the screen is displaying is only 50% while the brightness bar in Windows shows 100%. If I want to increase the brightness beyond 50% in a dimmed room, Windows tells me I am already at full brightness but on hardware its only 50% brightness.

In short, Windows is adjusting the maximum brightness level for me under adaptive brightness, when I wants a brighter screen I can't do anything. Dunno if this is just a limitation of Windows 10 or I am doing something wrong here.

HELP!!!!! This is really bugging me Windows 10 Adaptive Brightness Acting Strangely :(

Max

:)

Max Xi, Aug 9, 2019

2. How to disable adaptive brightness by default

Hi Mohsin,

If you're having issue with disabling the adaptive brightness, we suggest checking this
    thread and follow the troubleshooting steps provided by Sagnik_Chakraborty
    to troubleshoot the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 9, 2019
  3. sammy Win User
    Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Adaptive Brightness Acting Strangely

Brightness windows 10 wont adj+Driver problems after update

Hi Jason,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the suggestions below and see if it helps:

Method 1: Disable Adaptive Brightness.

Please click on the link below and refer the article to disable adaptive brightness.

How To Disable Auto Brightness In Windows 8.1

(also applicable on Windows 10)

Method 2: Built in Troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.
    • On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”
    • Click on Printer. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok. (Follow the onscreen instructions)
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Adaptive Brightness Acting Strangely

1. Windows 10 Adaptive Brightness Acting Strangely - Similar Threads - Adaptive Brightness Acting

2. Computer acting strange

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer acting strange: There seems to be something blocking my input. When I hear a chime that a device has been plugged in my mouse and keyboard stop functioning like normal. Once this chime is heard the computer will not even accept input from the on screen keyboard. When I try to use a right...
  3. Computer acting strange

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer acting strange: Recently I've had a very strange issue with my computer. Upon booting up it will not accept most input from my keyboard or mouse. What's so odd about it is that some things will work and some things won't. If I don't put in my PIN number quick enough and the keyboard stops...
  4. Display acting strange

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display acting strange: I’m not sure what these lines mean, if anyone can help that’d be really nice, before i reset I tried changing drivers and it did not work. The lines do not appear in bios though....
  5. Windows apps acting strange

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows apps acting strange: Latley Ive had in issue with windows apps acting strange This is only in windows apps, Start Menu, Settings, Xbox Ive linked a video to showcase the issue https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SXs2wztCGS71yZ4WsClB9_ciYVse01-l/view?usp=sharing...
  6. desktop acting strange

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop acting strange: It is as if the devil took my working desktop w/ w10, cntl/alt del wont bring up task master. web sites change font size if I try to scroll using mouse wheel. cortina wont input. the list goes on and on. And then if i wait long enough, (10 -20 minutes) things start working....
  7. Windows Security Acting Strange

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Security Acting Strange: Running into a strange bug with Windows security that I haven't been able to figure out: I have Windows security active on my PC, nothing out of the ordinary there. With a recent update Windows security has been informing me when it blocks changes to the system. These blocks...
  8. Windows 10 Adaptive Brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Adaptive Brightness: I have just got a new Dell Inspiron 15 5000. It seems great, accept that the screen jumps from bright to dim very frequently, and following no pattern that I can understand. I have tried to find a way to turn off adaptive brightness, but that option doesn't seem to exist...
  9. Windows Explorer acting strangely..

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer acting strangely..: Explorer annoyed me with it's quick access thing making me wait and grouping things the way it wants and effectively putting things out of sight... so I disabled it via the view/options thing. and that worked for maybe ten minutes. Until I next shut down windows explorer...
  10. DVD IS ACTING STRANGE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD IS ACTING STRANGE: HI I JUST PURCHASED A NEW HP ELITE X2 1012 G2. I HAVE A PLUG AND PLAY LG DVD DRIVE. I PLUG IT IN AND WINDOWS SEES IT THEN I PUT THE DVD IN. THE WINDOWS SAYS IT NEEDS A PLAYER FROM THE STORE. SO I DOWNLOADED THE PLAYER AND IT STILL WANTS A PLAYER? I WENT INTO THE PLAYER AND...