Windows 10: Windows 10 Adaptive Brightness Acting Strangely

Discus and support Windows 10 Adaptive Brightness Acting Strangely in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, I have my adaptive brightness settings turned on in the settings, the tick under display and screen brightness. When there is sufficient... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Max Xi, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Max Xi Win User

Windows 10 Adaptive Brightness Acting Strangely

Hi all,

I have my adaptive brightness settings turned on in the settings, the tick under display and screen brightness. When there is sufficient light, the brightness is fine and stuff, and the brightness will decrease to a dimmer level. But the problem comes when I want to increase the brightness past the suggested level, and I can't. All my drivers are up to date and the hardware is definitely not broken.

When I tries to max out the screen brightness in the dimmed room because I like the screen to be brightner, the brightness setting shows that I am on full brightness but the display is definitely a lot dimmer than the max brightness my screen can achieve. So for example, when I am in a well lit room, the max brightness I can adjust to is 100%, and when I go to a dimmer room it auto-dims my display. But when I tries to increase that, the maximum brightness the screen is displaying is only 50% while the brightness bar in Windows shows 100%. If I want to increase the brightness beyond 50% in a dimmed room, Windows tells me I am already at full brightness but on hardware its only 50% brightness.

In short, Windows is adjusting the maximum brightness level for me under adaptive brightness, when I wants a brighter screen I can't do anything. Dunno if this is just a limitation of Windows 10 or I am doing something wrong here.

HELP!!!!! This is really bugging me Windows 10 Adaptive Brightness Acting Strangely :(

Max

:)

Max Xi, Aug 9, 2019

2. How to disable adaptive brightness by default

Hi Mohsin,

If you're having issue with disabling the adaptive brightness, we suggest checking this
    thread and follow the troubleshooting steps provided by Sagnik_Chakraborty
    to troubleshoot the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 9, 2019
  3. sammy Win User
    Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Adaptive Brightness Acting Strangely

Brightness windows 10 wont adj+Driver problems after update

Hi Jason,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the suggestions below and see if it helps:

Method 1: Disable Adaptive Brightness.

Please click on the link below and refer the article to disable adaptive brightness.

How To Disable Auto Brightness In Windows 8.1

(also applicable on Windows 10)

Method 2: Built in Troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.
    • On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”
    • Click on Printer. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok. (Follow the onscreen instructions)
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Adaptive Brightness Acting Strangely

1. Windows 10 Adaptive Brightness Acting Strangely - Similar Threads - Adaptive Brightness Acting

2. Is it possible to disable adaptive brightness on Windows 10 Laptops?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to disable adaptive brightness on Windows 10 Laptops?: Hello, I've recently noticed that my Samsung laptop adjusts brightness a bit too aggressively to the ambient lighting level, so my screen is always a bit too dim. Is there a way to set the laptop to manual brightness adjustments only? Thank you! Sara...
  3. Bluetooth Acting Strangely on Windows 10 PC

Bluetooth Acting Strangely on Windows 10 PC: I use a Bluetooth Xbox controller (the Recon Tech special edition) connected to my PC to play games. Today, I loaded up my controller, but it was not connecting to the computer, so I unpaired and repaired but it did not seem to work. The PC was recognizing the controller and...
  4. How to Disable Adaptive Brightness in Windows 10

How to Disable Adaptive Brightness in Windows 10: Hi, There many articles on "How to Disable Adaptive Brightness in Windows 10" Control Panel -> Power Options -> Change plan settings -> Change advanced power settings -> Display -> Enable adaptive brightness. But my Windows 10 doesn't have an option "Enable adaptive...
  5. Windows 10 File Explorer acting strangely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 File Explorer acting strangely: Earlier this morning it started lightly blinking, would happen a few times and then stop and then maybe do it again within the hour maybe not. Then File Expl. started moving my usb drives around, stayed in "This PC" view/folder but would switch E: with R: and then swap...
  6. DVD IS ACTING STRANGE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD IS ACTING STRANGE: HI I JUST PURCHASED A NEW HP ELITE X2 1012 G2. I HAVE A PLUG AND PLAY LG DVD DRIVE. I PLUG IT IN AND WINDOWS SEES IT THEN I PUT THE DVD IN. THE WINDOWS SAYS IT NEEDS A PLAYER FROM THE STORE. SO I DOWNLOADED THE PLAYER AND IT STILL WANTS A PLAYER? I WENT INTO THE PLAYER AND...
  7. Adaptive Brightness Issue

Adaptive Brightness Issue: After the October update (1809), my laptop is not showing the setting on "Display" for enabling or disabling the adaptive brightness. This problem is very irritating where i have to keep changing my brightness level from time to time. The brightness level automatically...
  8. HELPPP! My PC is acting STRANGE!

HELPPP! My PC is acting STRANGE!: When I am playing games especially, my PC is opening Calculator, New Tabs, typing strange things, activating Scroll Lock, Num Lock or Caps lock, going to sleep etc. The thing is: some people told me that this is because of my keyboard. I changed my keyboard and it is the...
  9. My pc is acting strange after a crash

My pc is acting strange after a crash: As above my pc crashed over night and I woke up to find this no folder has names and are all grouped up like this and there is missing text in the side bar and when I left click the mouse and use any of the options be it view sort by group by anything [ATTACH]...
  10. Mouse and keyboard acting strangely

Mouse and keyboard acting strangely: I installed Windows 10 on my son's computer a week ago, and everything was fine until this morning. I noticed that every link I click on opened up a new Chrome browser instance. The mouse wheel no longer works, but the other buttons work. The caps lock became...