Windows 10: Windows 10 adaptive brightness option missing

Discus and support Windows 10 adaptive brightness option missing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just got a Dell Inspiron 7506 and there appears to be no option to change the fluctuating screen brightness when on battery power. there does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BenJS1275, Apr 16, 2021.

1. BenJS1275 Win User

Windows 10 adaptive brightness option missing

I just got a Dell Inspiron 7506 and there appears to be no option to change the fluctuating screen brightness when on battery power. there does not appear to be an option within the Intel Graphics Command Center to turn it off either, and using the command prompt listed on several forums does nothing as well.

i'm going to have to return the laptop if this can't be changed since the screen gets so dim depending on how much black or white is on the screen, it hurts my eyes. someone please help.

:)

BenJS1275, Apr 16, 2021

2. Brightness keeps changing automatically. Adaptive brightness option is not there in the display options

My display brightness keeps changing every time i switch between different apps. I've been having this issue for a long time.

I'm using HP Omen Laptop. Windows 10.

I saw another thread with the same issue but was unable to reply in it.

I followed the steps that said the following:

*As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to follow the below steps to disable the adaptive or auto brightness for the selected power plan (if you already have a Power Plan created in Windows)

• Open Control Panel and click on Power Options.
    • Open your active power plan, you’ll see Change plan settings option. Click Change plan settings next to your current power plan to open Edit Plan Settings window.
    • Click Change advanced power settings option. This will open Power Options dialog.
    • Expand Display and then expand Enable adaptive brightness. Change it to Off*

But the problem i the option "Enable adaptive brightness" is not even there.

Windows 10 adaptive brightness option missing 6d764773-8fc4-43e7-b5cc-304b674e78f1?upload=true.jpg

So What do i do now?

Kaushik307, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Missing adaptive brightness

Hi Srinivasan,

My name is Abdirahman, an independent advisor and a fellow Windows 10 user. I will be glad to help your request.

Please follow the steps below to Missing adaptive brightness:-

1 - On keyboard hit ((Windows Logo key)) and type Control Panel

2 - On the right-up corner change Category to Big Icons

3 - Select ((Administrative Tools)) than Open ((Computer Management))

4 - On the left sidebar select Device Manager

5 - On the right sidebar Select Monitored and expanded to see the list display deices

6 - Right click on Display device and select Uninstall than you will see the Auto adaptive brightness

Let me know if the that works

Abdirahman Issa, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Windows 10 adaptive brightness option missing

Windows 10 Missing adaptive brightness

Yes, I've done that. But it dint help. It has generic pnp drivers.

Srinivasan V, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 adaptive brightness option missing

1. Windows 10 adaptive brightness option missing - Similar Threads - adaptive brightness option

2. Adaptive brightness option is missing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adaptive brightness option is missing.: Hi. I have an issue with my laptop's adaptive brightness feature. When I use my laptop and open a notepad in light mode, the brightness becomes too high. However, when I open a software with dark mode, the brightness turns too dark as well. I've seen the same question, but I...
  3. Adaptive brightness option is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adaptive brightness option is missing.: Hi. I have an issue with my laptop's adaptive brightness feature. When I use my laptop and open a notepad in light mode, the brightness becomes too high. However, when I open a software with dark mode, the brightness turns too dark as well. I've seen the same question, but I...
  4. Adaptive brightness option is missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Missing adaptive brightness

Windows 10 Missing adaptive brightness: Hello I have acer E5 windows 10. At the time of purchase, i had windows auto brightness. But after reinstalling windows i had lost that auto brightness. Even in PowerOptions , i dont see Adaptive brighntess, screen dimming etc. please help....
  6. Regarding missing adaptive brightness option

Regarding missing adaptive brightness option: Hey there! My adaptive brightness is turned on automatically after my updates. But right now the option to turn off/on the adaptive brightness in both the settings and control panel has disappeared. May I know what to do abou this?...
  7. No adaptive brightness option

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No adaptive brightness option: Hello, I am not sure if I am asking in the correct section but long story short, I have a gaming laptop that gets too dark. In my past computers, All I would do is disable the adaptive display but I cant find it anywhere in this laptop. I have tried checking in the power...
  8. Missing adaptive brightness option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing adaptive brightness option: I have an HP Laptop Probook 450 G5. It got Intel 620 UHD graphics and Nvidia 930MX. I am currently running Windows 10 1909 Build 18363.778 on my laptop. My issue is when play any video in full screen on Microsoft Edge, it automatically increases the brightness to max, and...
  9. Windows 10 Brightness Option Missing

Windows 10 Brightness Option Missing: Hello Guys, on my PC with latest windows (May Update) fresh install the brightness control is completely missing from any settings. I've tried to reinstall different graphics drivers, but nothing seems to work. Is there anything you can advise? Cheers! Steven...
  10. Windows 10: Brightness Options Missing?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10: Brightness Options Missing?: Hi all, I was wondering if someone would be able to help me out with an issue I am facing with the brightness options in Windows 10 Pro. I've owned this laptop for around 5 months now, and I've always been able to change the brightness on it as and when i please using...