Windows 10: Windows 10 Adaptive Brightness

Discus and support Windows 10 Adaptive Brightness in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have just got a new Dell Inspiron 15 5000. It seems great, accept that the screen jumps from bright to dim very frequently, and following no pattern... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JosephMcCullough3, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Adaptive Brightness

I have just got a new Dell Inspiron 15 5000. It seems great, accept that the screen jumps from bright to dim very frequently, and following no pattern that I can understand.

I have tried to find a way to turn off adaptive brightness, but that option doesn't seem to exist anywhere in the settings.

Any help would be greatly apprecaited.

:)

JosephMcCullough3, Oct 15, 2020
  2. Paul Black, Oct 15, 2020
  3. How to disable adaptive brightness by default

Hi Mohsin,

If you're having issue with disabling the adaptive brightness, we suggest checking this
    thread and follow the troubleshooting steps provided by Sagnik_Chakraborty
    to troubleshoot the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Adaptive Brightness

Adaptive Brightness and Windows Updates issue in Windows 10 1903

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it is, when the device doesn't work in the way it should. We appreciate your effort for providing us the complete details of the PC and the issue you are facing. It seems that you are facing issue with
    Windows Updates and the auto brightness of the PC.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these method and check if that helps you to fix the issue.

Method 1: Troubleshoot Windows Updates.

Please perform the steps as suggested in this article:

Fix Windows Update errors

Also refer this article for additional help:
    Update Windows 10

Method 2: Troubleshoot Auto brightness.

Change brightness settings

1. Go into “Control Panel” search and select “Power Options”
    2. Click the “Change plan settings” link next to whichever plan you are currently using and then click “Change advanced power settings”.
    3. In this new window click “Display” to open up the listings under it.
    4. Now locate and click each of the following…”Display brightness”, “Dimmed display brightness” and “Enable adaptive brightness”.
    5. Change each of these to the settings you wish, then click the “Apply” button and finally the “OK” button.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Adaptive Brightness

1. Windows 10 Adaptive Brightness - Similar Threads - Adaptive Brightness

2. Windows 11 and how to turn of adaptive brightness.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and how to turn of adaptive brightness.: Very simple, for some reason this is going bonkers, have looked at so many videos and read so many replies that all point to the same thing. Even micrsofts instuctions dont even work, what they claim is there like "brightness control" isnt. It is dimming and going bright then...
  3. Windows 11 and how to turn of adaptive brightness.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 and how to turn of adaptive brightness.: Very simple, for some reason this is going bonkers, have looked at so many videos and read so many replies that all point to the same thing. Even micrsofts instuctions dont even work, what they claim is there like "brightness control" isnt. It is dimming and going bright then...
  4. Windows 11 and how to turn of adaptive brightness.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I cannot find a way to turn off adaptive brightness control. I have followed the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot find a way to turn off adaptive brightness control. I have followed the...: I have tried several solutions from videos and other sites. Invariably, they get to a point where I'm supposed to click on an option to turn this feature on or off and I have no such option. One site gave me instructions to solve this problem by editing the registry but I'm...
  6. I cannot find a way to turn off adaptive brightness control. I have followed the...

I cannot find a way to turn off adaptive brightness control. I have followed the...: I have tried several solutions from videos and other sites. Invariably, they get to a point where I'm supposed to click on an option to turn this feature on or off and I have no such option. One site gave me instructions to solve this problem by editing the registry but I'm...
  7. Hello i would like if you could tell me how to setup adaptive brightness on my pc like...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello i would like if you could tell me how to setup adaptive brightness on my pc like...: I searched everywhere but didnt found anything on this topic. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-would-like-if-you-could-tell-me-how-to/2f9a4ee4-674f-4efc-bd15-bc9dc57724e1
  8. Hello i would like if you could tell me how to setup adaptive brightness on my pc like...

Hello i would like if you could tell me how to setup adaptive brightness on my pc like...: I searched everywhere but didnt found anything on this topic. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-would-like-if-you-could-tell-me-how-to/2f9a4ee4-674f-4efc-bd15-bc9dc57724e1
  9. How can i reduce the brightness of my system using the microsoft basic display adapter,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can i reduce the brightness of my system using the microsoft basic display adapter,...: Every time i try updating my graphics driver my screen goes dark with my laptop still on, I use a HP Zbook 17 G3 PC with a Microsoft display adapter, and an Nvidia K3100m 4 GB dedicated graphics card running on Windows 10. I tried reducing my screen brightness but nothing...
  10. How can i reduce the brightness of my system using the microsoft basic display adapter,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i reduce the brightness of my system using the microsoft basic display adapter,...: Every time i try updating my graphics driver my screen goes dark with my laptop still on, I use a HP Zbook 17 G3 PC with a Microsoft display adapter, and an Nvidia K3100m 4 GB dedicated graphics card running on Windows 10. I tried reducing my screen brightness but nothing...