Windows 10: Windows 10 add a printer no sort option

Discus and support Windows 10 add a printer no sort option in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I work for a large public-sector agency in a very extensive enterprise environment. When I go to assign a printer and look for actively... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mesmith805, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Windows 10 add a printer no sort option

Hello, I work for a large public-sector agency in a very extensive enterprise environment. When I go to assign a printer and look for actively advertised printers there are literally hundreds of them, listed in no discernable order. To make matters more complicated I am using a remote desktop application to view the end-user's desktop and there's the typical lag-time when scrolling making rapid reading of the list very challenging.

It would be enormously helpful to be able to display the list in alphabetically sorted order...this is the case when adding a printer from a known-printers list in Windows 7. Does anyone know how to perform that sort in the Windows 10 interface?

Thanks!

Mark

:)

mesmith805, Feb 1, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 1, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows prints with lines, printer issues with Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Printer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Printer. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the Printer troubleshooter

I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Windows 10 add a printer no sort option

windows 10 VERY slow when trying to open Devices & Printers?

Although I appreciate your offer for suggestions as you can see by the post dates, this thread is a bit long in the tooth. The issue was resolved with one of the updated builds of windows 10. Although in my opinion it's still not as fast as Windows 7, it's nowhere near as slow as it was in summer 2016 when I posted this issue.

Thread issue resolved

jboydgolfer, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 add a printer no sort option

1. Windows 10 add a printer no sort option - Similar Threads - add printer sort

2. Option to add a printer gone it crash doing so

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Option to add a printer gone it crash doing so: Basically every option to add a printer is gone. If i click in any app "print" it crashes. troubleshooting doesn't work, it's stuck checking the spooler services. If i go on control panel, then i see all of my printer grayed out, but i can't delete nor click Property doing so...
  3. add 'size on disk' to sorting options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add 'size on disk' to sorting options: Hi, I recently had to format my windows drive because I ran into several issues.I had some unfinished downloads that I want to recuperate.The problem is now all files in my 'downloads' folder have the same 'create in'/'modified in' dates so its hard to figure out the ones...
  4. add 'size on disk' to sorting options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add 'size on disk' to sorting options: Hi, I recently had to format my windows drive because I ran into several issues.I had some unfinished downloads that I want to recuperate.The problem is now all files in my 'downloads' folder have the same 'create in'/'modified in' dates so its hard to figure out the ones...
  5. i want to add a genre heading for my music as a sorting option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i want to add a genre heading for my music as a sorting option: I've noticed in windows explorer I can add folder columns with headers such as Genre but in no way can I add any information into those additional columns such as artist, genre, albums... Why can I add the column but not edit the header... silly.. Best option ive heard so far...
  6. How to permanently add another Sort option to the context menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to permanently add another Sort option to the context menu?: I am sick of Windows forgetting my sort option. I want to sort files in certain folders by "Date last modified" (but NOT all folders of the same type - example: Pictures). Having to go to "More..." to enable/show my preferred option EACH time (or using the ribbon -> View ->...
  7. Windows 10 adds my printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 adds my printer: Hi. I'm proud owner of a PC with Windows 10 (yaj) and a networked brother hl 3040ch printer. The problem is that windows keeps on adding a printer called Brother HL-3040CN Series Printer which has far less options. Instead I had installed Brother HL-3040CN series. I can...
  8. Add a device or add printer not working windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Add a device or add printer not working windows 10: Whenever I go to the device and printers and try to add a device the wizard flashes on and then immediately closed. I tried from the command line and got the same results. I have tried all the fixes like stopping the print spooler and such. Does anyone have this same issue?...
  9. No sorting options?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No sorting options?: Hey, I recently updated to the insider build 1903 and I'm unable to sort files in a folder. Whenever I click on the Sort By tab, the only options are Ascending, Decending, and Choose Columns. Any help?[ATTACH]...
  10. Add Shared Printer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Shared Printer in Windows 10: How to: Add Shared Printer in Windows 10 How to Add a Shared Printer in Windows 10 Network printers are able to connect directly to your network using Wi-Fi or Ethernet, and are available to anyone on the same network by default. If you have a printer connected to...