Windows 10: Windows 10 added family member cannot login!

Discus and support Windows 10 added family member cannot login! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I upgraded Windows 10 on 4 of my machine. On one of them, I got a problem of not able to login from new family members that was added to the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AnastasiiaFedorenko, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 added family member cannot login!

Hi, I upgraded Windows 10 on 4 of my machine. On one of them, I got a problem of not able to login from new family members that was added to the machine post upgrade. This is a laptop with a SSD drive. I orginially removed all of the users from Windows 8.1 before the upgrade to save space because I only had 7Gb before the upgrade. After removing the rest of the family, I had 12Gb. But a big mistake! After the upgrade, I went into setting->account->add family members to add my wife and kids account. I cannot login with their account at all. It tries to login and immediately signoff right after. Has anyone encounter the same problem? If yes, what is the solution? I tried going into the registry and remove their profile after deleting it from manage users in the control panel. That didn't work. Any help is appeciated.

I copied the question from these locked threads.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ot-login/84ac5f6a-ca67-4e2a-b121-1c5743a9703f

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ot-login/fbdf28e6-4955-4d95-8c30-f57cd570805b

SOLVED:

Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete right after login and before the signoff happened. Then select the Task Manager menu item. This action prevents automatic signoff.

:)

AnastasiiaFedorenko, Oct 18, 2020

2. Adding Family Members

Hi,

Through my Windows 10 I invited my family members although they never accepted the invitation. I want to resend the invitations but when I go to do that, it says they're already family members; they're not even listed (or even showing there's an invite)
    through the family members window. What do I do?

Thanks so much.

Lisa

LisaBobbitt, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Q: Windows 10 added family member cannot login!

Q: Windows 10 added family member cannot login!

Hi, I upgraded Windows 10 on 4 of my machine. On one of them, I got a problem of not able to login from new family members that was added to the machine post upgrade. This is a laptop with a SSD drive. I orginially removed all of the users from Windows
    8.1 before the upgrade to save space because I only had 7Gb before the upgrade. After removing the rest of the family, I had 12Gb. But a big mistake! After the upgrade, I went into setting->account->add family members to add my wife and kids account. I
    cannot login with their account at all. It tries to login and immediately signoff right after. Has anyone encounter the same problem? If yes, what is the solution? I tried going into the registry and remove their profile after deleting it from manage users
    in the control panel. That didn't work. No error messages.

Read this, but didn't help.

User accounts: FAQ

How to help keep your Microsoft account safe and secure

Any help is appeciated.

SteveFaubert, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Windows 10 added family member cannot login!

Windows 10 added family member cannot login!

Hi, I upgraded Windows 10 on 4 of my machine. On one of them, I got a problem of not able to login from new family members that was added to the machine post upgrade. This is a laptop with a SSD drive. I orginially removed all of the users from Windows
    8.1 before the upgrade to save space because I only had 7Gb before the upgrade. After removing the rest of the family, I had 12Gb. But a big mistake! After the upgrade, I went into setting->account->add family members to add my wife and kids account. I
    cannot login with their account at all. It tries to login and immediately signoff right after. Has anyone encounter the same problem? If yes, what is the solution? I tried going into the registry and remove their profile after deleting it from manage users
    in the control panel. That didn't work. Any help is appeciated.

acheung1288, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 added family member cannot login!

1. Windows 10 added family member cannot login! - Similar Threads - added family member

2. Adding additional devices to family members

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding additional devices to family members: How do I add a second device to an existing family member? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-additional-devices-to-family-members/b0e0d51d-c136-46cd-b87b-8ba0db8a8693
  3. Microsoft Error for adding Family Members

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Error for adding Family Members: Hello. Yesterday I had an issue on removing family members from my account so I could add them into another account, I was able to do that now, but I've come into another problem. Now I cannot add the family members into the new account because I get an error message on the...
  4. Impossible to remove an added family member in Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Impossible to remove an added family member in Windows 10: This is another closed thread that did NOT answer the question. Even after a long thread of completely wrong and irrelevant "answers," NONE of them work.And, typically, the FINAL answer is essentially that it is impossible and you must reset or do a complete reinstall of the...
  5. Adding family member as a member adds him as a child?

Adding family member as a member adds him as a child?: Hi there,So I've added my wife as a family member so she can use my pc, but since she is not that computer literate I've added her as a member and not as orginiser. By doing that, she has received the email saying that I would like her to join my family as a child. After you...
  6. Adding a Family Member

Adding a Family Member: I'm attempting to add my daughter a child as a Family Member - she has a Microsoft account. I have successfully sent the invitation but when we open the email invite and click on 'Join' it informs us that she already belongs to a family group. When I sign on to her Microsoft...
  7. Family members added misteriously

Family members added misteriously: An unknown email account appears registered as a family member under my account. I did not authorize or add this email account. I try to remove the account and Microsoft does not allow it! I get some outdated info about "removing consent" but I can't find a link to...
  8. Adding a family member

Adding a family member: I have added my child to our family account but she does not appear as an option when I initially log into the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-family-member/3f3aedc2-b015-455c-a31f-c98e5c20f87f"
  9. Family Member cannot login to Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Family Member cannot login to Windows: I just added my husband as a "family member" on a brand new laptop. When I click on Microsoft Edge the window blinks but will not open. Please help!!!! I can open Windows if I am logged in but not my "family member"....
  10. "adding family member" option not working

"adding family member" option not working: so I try add a second family member on this pc...clicked to sign into your Microsoft account, window opens..but it just keeps loading. whats wrong [img] 76413