Windows 10: Windows 10 adds a new network every time I tether my phone

Discus and support Windows 10 adds a new network every time I tether my phone in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been needing to use my phone to use the internet on my PC for the past couple days. I've been tethering it via USB to use it, But every time I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ZacharyLeposa, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 adds a new network every time I tether my phone

I've been needing to use my phone to use the internet on my PC for the past couple days. I've been tethering it via USB to use it, But every time I do so, Windows adds a new network. After I unplug my phone I can't see the other network in the list. I'm on 14 right now. Will it get to a point where this causes issues?

:)

ZacharyLeposa, Jun 6, 2020

2. USB Tethering creating new names each time.

Hi,

I have the same problem. And it seems to be a universal one. Stack Exchange has a solution:

Prevent Windows From Creating New Network Names when Tethering with Android

The only downside is that the network icon in the notification area doesn't work properly. Is there a way to stop adding new names AND make the network icon work?

Regarding your questions:

• Windows 10 is updated
    • drivers are updated
    • This issue always occured. (started using usb tethering one week ago)

Regards

Martin HUQ, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jun 6, 2020
  4. cdawall Win User

Windows 10 adds a new network every time I tether my phone

Does tethering usb to PC shorten phone life?

I spent 5 years living in an area where my only option was tethering a phone and using 3g and later 4g lte. I never had a phone fail from streaming video, torrenting or any of the other things you listed. We are talking 400+ GB a month for years. I replaced my phone when the 2 year contract ended each time.

cdawall, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 adds a new network every time I tether my phone

1. Windows 10 adds a new network every time I tether my phone - Similar Threads - adds network every

2. USB tethering, every time I plug in my phone it shows a new network, is this normal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB tethering, every time I plug in my phone it shows a new network, is this normal?: I am using my phone to connect to the internet. Hence tethering by connecting my phone to the computer: I get 300G monthly via my phone.However, every time I do so the network number goes up, first network 3, then network 4, then 5,6... Is this normal? I am wondering how far...
  3. USB tethering, every time I plug in my phone it shows a new network, is this normal?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB tethering, every time I plug in my phone it shows a new network, is this normal?: I am using my phone to connect to the internet. Hence tethering by connecting my phone to the computer: I get 300G monthly via my phone.However, every time I do so the network number goes up, first network 3, then network 4, then 5,6... Is this normal? I am wondering how far...
  4. New Network create every time as connect via Mobile Tethering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Network create every time as connect via Mobile Tethering: I have connect Network via Mobile Tethering, but there every time new Network number creates i.e. "Network57". I want to reset this network serial as Network1 or by Default Network name.Kindly need advise of anyone. Thanks...
  5. New Network create every time as connect via Mobile Tethering

New Network create every time as connect via Mobile Tethering: I have connect Network via Mobile Tethering, but there every time new Network number creates i.e. "Network57". I want to reset this network serial as Network1 or by Default Network name.Kindly need advise of anyone. Thanks...
  6. New Network create every time as connect via Mobile Tethering

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. when using my phone as a mobile hotspot, it is detected as a new network every time I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when using my phone as a mobile hotspot, it is detected as a new network every time I...: I'm using Windows 10 version 21H2 and when I connect my phone to my computer using USB tethering, my computer thinks it's a new network.Right now, my computer has identified it as network 223, which seems excessive.The issue is that I don't want to know what will happen when...
  8. when using my phone as a mobile hotspot, it is detected as a new network every time I...

when using my phone as a mobile hotspot, it is detected as a new network every time I...: I'm using Windows 10 version 21H2 and when I connect my phone to my computer using USB tethering, my computer thinks it's a new network.Right now, my computer has identified it as network 223, which seems excessive.The issue is that I don't want to know what will happen when...
  9. USB tethering creates a new network connection every time it's connected to the system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB tethering creates a new network connection every time it's connected to the system: every time I connect the laptop for internet via USB tethering to my mobile phone, it creates a new network connection, which seems to be very annoying since am using the same mobile phone, the same cable, still it occurs the same way, tried for so many methods present on the...
  10. USB tethering creates a new network connection every time it's connected to the system

USB tethering creates a new network connection every time it's connected to the system: every time I connect the laptop for internet via USB tethering to my mobile phone, it creates a new network connection, which seems to be very annoying since am using the same mobile phone, the same cable, still it occurs the same way, tried for so many methods present on the...