Windows 10: Windows 10 adds keyboard layouts that I've never added or selected in my life.

Discus and support Windows 10 adds keyboard layouts that I've never added or selected in my life. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I wake up today to find 2 more keyboard layouts in my windows setup and when I try to take them out they don't appear there, so I'm stuck with this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RodrigoFlamenco, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Windows 10 adds keyboard layouts that I've never added or selected in my life.

So I wake up today to find 2 more keyboard layouts in my windows setup and when I try to take them out they don't appear there, so I'm stuck with this. This is not the first time it has happened, last time I had to format the entire system because of how annoying it got. So why does this happen and how can I remove those last 2 options?

Windows 10 adds keyboard layouts that I've never added or selected in my life. f3dad080-425a-4dfa-9c4f-1f8b76a60f12?upload=true.png

:)

RodrigoFlamenco, Sep 30, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Sep 30, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Croatian keyboard layout is missing in Win10 installation

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

This issue might have occurred due to incorrect settings. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type settings in the search bar and press enter

• Click on time and language

• Click region and language

• Click on add a language and select the language “Croatian”

• Now under languages you can find your language

• Click on that and select options

• Under keyboard layout you can find your Croatian keyboard added.
    For more reference refer to the below link.

Add a keyboard layout

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/change-keyboard-layout

Please let us know, if you need any further help and we would be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Sep 30, 2018
  4. Windows 10 adds keyboard layouts that I've never added or selected in my life.

Wrong keyboard layout in login page after update to 1607

Hi,

Since the issue reoccurred after updating to anniversary update, I suggest you to reconfigure the QWERTY keyboard layout and check if the same issue persists. This is to check if the issue is with Windows 10 1607 update.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to configure the keyboard layout:

• Open Settings and click on Time and Language.
    • Click on Region and Language.
    • Add the Country and click on add a language and select the language of your choice.
    • This will take time to download the pack.
    • Once this is done, Press Windows key + Space and press Space key to choose the keyboard layout.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 adds keyboard layouts that I've never added or selected in my life.

1. Windows 10 adds keyboard layouts that I've never added or selected in my life. - Similar Threads - adds keyboard layouts

2. windows keeps adding keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows keeps adding keyboard layouts: How do I stop this from happening? I just want to have "eng us international" and "eng us", how do i permanently remove the other ones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-keeps-adding-keyboard-layouts/c3e0ee75-082d-4ef9-a766-dfcdea8fdfc8
  3. windows keeps adding keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows keeps adding keyboard layouts: How do I stop this from happening? I just want to have "eng us international" and "eng us", how do i permanently remove the other ones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-keeps-adding-keyboard-layouts/c3e0ee75-082d-4ef9-a766-dfcdea8fdfc8
  4. Languages keep adding to my keyboard layout

Languages keep adding to my keyboard layout: Hello,I am using Windows 11, although this problem was also present in Windows 10. I want to have 2 keyboard layouts: US and Slovak QWERTY. However, Windows keeps adding languages after a restart. Right now, I have both US and Slovak QWERTY, but I also have regular Slovak...
  5. Stuck on select keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on select keyboard layout: A few days ago I attempted to install the Windows 11 update on my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop. An error kept coming up which I can’t entirely remember so I gave up for now and carried on using Windows 10. Yesterday when opening the laptop, the computer is asking me to select the...
  6. Stuck on select keyboard layout

Stuck on select keyboard layout: A few days ago I attempted to install the Windows 11 update on my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop. An error kept coming up which I can’t entirely remember so I gave up for now and carried on using Windows 10. Yesterday when opening the laptop, the computer is asking me to select the...
  7. Stuck on select keyboard layout

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Adding a Keyboard Layout to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding a Keyboard Layout to Windows 10: Hi, this morning using the Keyboard Layout Creator I've created a custom keyboard layout for the Neapolitan Language Napulitano, since the standard Italian keyboard doesn't have circumflexed a, e, o, i and also the acute i and the acute o, but when I switch for the available...
  9. Spontaneously added keyboard layout.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spontaneously added keyboard layout.: Good day, people! I have an annoying issue with odd keyboard layout "ru-KK" being added by itself spontaneously. My computer is in the international domain, but seems some "intelligent" windows service decides every time to add local language keyboard layout...
  10. Add or Remove Keyboard Layouts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Keyboard Layouts in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Keyboard Layouts in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Keyboard Layouts in Windows 10 In Windows, you can configure your keyboard to use a different keyboard layout or input method to type in another language. The language of your keyboard layout...