Windows 10: Windows 10 adds my printer

Discus and support Windows 10 adds my printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. I'm proud owner of a PC with Windows 10 (yaj) and a networked brother hl 3040ch printer. The problem is that windows keeps on adding a printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by theking2, Oct 23, 2019.

1. theking2 Win User

Windows 10 adds my printer

Hi. I'm proud owner of a PC with Windows 10 (yaj) and a networked brother hl 3040ch printer. The problem is that windows keeps on adding a printer called Brother HL-3040CN Series Printer which has far less options. Instead I had installed Brother HL-3040CN series. I can delete the bogus one but next boot it is there again.

How do I prevent Microsoft WIndows 10 from recognizing and installing the wrong printer over and over?

:)

theking2, Oct 23, 2019
  2. Boatvan Win User

Windows 10 GPO Printer Add issues

A total shot in the dark since this is a very specific issue to our environment, but here it goes...

A little background on this issue, my school district is moving to windows 10. We partially deployed Windows 10 LTSB to some of the labs in the district. We are seeing sporadic issues with our Group Policies deploying printers. We have below 50% success rate with printers actually installing on the Windows 10 client machines.

Thinking it was an issue with LTSB, we downloaded and installed Windows 10 Education version 1709 on a test VM and joined it to the domain. I then applied GPO’s from 4 different servers. 3 Physical Server 2012 R2 servers and the original problem Server 2012 R2 VM Server.

What I found was the same inconsistency after rebooting the Win 10 Edu Test VM. I am getting the same Event 513. See below:

Windows 10 adds my printer print.png

I am 100% sure the naming is right because I can manually add the same printer using the \\SERVER\FerLib path. All printers that fail to add have the Event 513. I am also going to post this on other forums.

We are only seeing this on student accounts which are domain guest accounts, meaning their profiles are non-permanent. We do not have the option to turn them into regular users per district policy. If you need more info that I omitted please let me know. We are getting desperate.

Thanks!

Boatvan, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Jan123 Win User
    Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Oct 23, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

I have been trying to add a second printer to my current wireless home network when it comes to identify the printer(HP LaserJet p1606dn) it is not listed by Microsoft in Windows 10

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to connect the printer and try to add the printer in devices and printer.

Follow the steps below to add the printer.

• Press Windows + X, Select Control panel.

• Click on Device and printer.

• Right click and select Add device and printer.

• And follow the instructions.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 adds my printer - Similar Threads - adds printer

2. how to make the Window Add Printer For Protocol WSD and IPP in C#

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to make the Window Add Printer For Protocol WSD and IPP in C#: I want to create a window similar to the Windows ADD Printer window in C#, which prompts the user for an IP address and automatically adds the printer, retrieving the driver, printer name, and any necessary details from the IP. Please help, thank you.I want to simulate this...
  3. how to make the Window Add Printer For Protocol WSD and IPP in C#

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to make the Window Add Printer For Protocol WSD and IPP in C#: I want to create a window similar to the Windows ADD Printer window in C#, which prompts the user for an IP address and automatically adds the printer, retrieving the driver, printer name, and any necessary details from the IP. Please help, thank you.I want to simulate this...
  4. I am trying to reinstall printer but my printer is not listed and I can't add this printer....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to reinstall printer but my printer is not listed and I can't add this printer....: I am trying to reinstall my printer but the printer is not listed. It is the same printer I uninstalled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-reinstall-printer-but-my-printer-is/52acc357-df56-456f-9b2f-55c6f05d1381
  5. I am trying to reinstall printer but my printer is not listed and I can't add this printer....

I am trying to reinstall printer but my printer is not listed and I can't add this printer....: I am trying to reinstall my printer but the printer is not listed. It is the same printer I uninstalled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-reinstall-printer-but-my-printer-is/52acc357-df56-456f-9b2f-55c6f05d1381
  6. Unable to add/connect to network printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add/connect to network printer: I am unable to add a network printer to windows 11. It doesn't automatically recognize. When I select through the network, it shows it unable to connect. The printer is connecting to all other PCs in organization running windows 10 and older. This is specific to windows 11...
  7. Unable to add/connect to network printer

Unable to add/connect to network printer: I am unable to add a network printer to windows 11. It doesn't automatically recognize. When I select through the network, it shows it unable to connect. The printer is connecting to all other PCs in organization running windows 10 and older. This is specific to windows 11...
  8. Add a printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add a printer: Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners. I have two HP Office Jet 8100 Network listed.Problem: I had a new Modem and Router installed yesterday by Spectrum. I would like to add the new network name and password so I can add my printer wirelessly. I've tried to find that area...
  9. Add a printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a printer: Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners. I have two HP Office Jet 8100 Network listed.Problem: I had a new Modem and Router installed yesterday by Spectrum. I would like to add the new network name and password so I can add my printer wirelessly. I've tried to find that area...
  10. Add a printer