Windows 10: Windows 10 Adds Universal Search to new Start Menu

Discus and support Windows 10 Adds Universal Search to new Start Menu in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The new Start Menu comes with improved search mechanism -- it now features a universal search option. With Universal search, users will be able to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10 Adds Universal Search to new Start Menu

Read more...

Windows 10 Adds Universal Search to new Start Menu [​IMG]

:)

Brink, Sep 29, 2014
  2. andchob Win User

Windows 10 .. These functions DO NOT work ... start menus, microsoft edge, and cortana/search

Upgraded Windows 10 a couple of weeks ago but just recently (last week) lost functionality of Start Menu, Microsoft Edge, Cortana and Search ... is an upgrade available that will fix this mess or do I have to search the entire universe and try every suggestion
    to fix your problem ... Andrew

andchob, Sep 29, 2014
  3. Start Menu Search Doesn't Find Installed Apps

Just migrated to a new PC and re-installed all my apps. In many installs there's an option (default checked) to 'Add to Start Menu' which I always use. On some older apps, I navigate to the executable and right click and do an 'Add to Start Menu' I see
    the apps appear in the start menu.

However the way I launch most of my apps is hit the start key and then start typing the application now. On my old PC which also was running Windows 10, it always found the app. On this new PC, despite seeing the app in the Start Menu, it doesn't find
    it.

In my Search Indexing Settting (Control Panel > Indexing Options) 'Start Menu' is included as one of the locations.

I am perplexed.

Consultant1027, Sep 29, 2014
Thema:

Windows 10 Adds Universal Search to new Start Menu

1. Windows 10 Adds Universal Search to new Start Menu - Similar Threads - Adds Universal Search

2. Searching from the new Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searching from the new Start menu: See:I have noticed that the two buttons at the bottom on the task bar on the left menu button and search button.... for me ... these only function on my primary monitor. If I click the same buttons on the seonc monitor they don't behave.Well, I can click the button on the...
  3. Searching from the new Start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Searching from the new Start menu: See:I have noticed that the two buttons at the bottom on the task bar on the left menu button and search button.... for me ... these only function on my primary monitor. If I click the same buttons on the seonc monitor they don't behave.Well, I can click the button on the...
  4. Windows 10 - Start menu search

in Cortana
    Windows 10 - Start menu search: When I search for a folder by typing the name in the start menu, how can I then go to a subfolder without having to open the folder, e.g. I am trying to get to the following file documents/pictures/holidays/summer holiday 2018. I know I can just type on summer holidays...
  5. problem with start menu, search and new notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    problem with start menu, search and new notifications: I'm having a problem with the start menu, search and new notifications not responding to a click. I think it might be tied to the fact I am using a local logon only. I have created a new user that logs onto Microsoft that doesn't seem to have this problem. I saw this in the...
  6. Windows 10 Start Menu Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu Search: Hi, Search in Windows new start menu is annoying, each time web search using bing results are also shown, which is really unwanted. Using :: Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Search We can enable the following 3 options to disable...
  7. windows start menu search

in Windows 10 Support
    windows start menu search: i can't seem to see that windows finds simple "apps"\(programs)" like the blizzard app, twitch app etc... is there some setting that enables me to do this? so far i narrowed it down to the indexing of files. maybe that'll do something. every time i search for "twitch"...
  8. How to add stuff in Windows Start menu search?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add stuff in Windows Start menu search?: For example previously on Windows 10 I just used to type "CC" and CCleaner used to show up and I pressed enter. Now I open start menu, type CC and it shows all web results. How do I add a shortcut there? 9780
  9. No Start Menu, Search

in Windows 10 Support
    No Start Menu, Search: All, I upgraded Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home. It worked for a couple of days and suddenly there is no Start Menu (Click start and nothing happens) and no Search box (Icon present but nothing happens when clicked). MY machine is slower accessing all menus...
  10. Cannot add things to the start menu... also search issues.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot add things to the start menu... also search issues.: I went to Start10 in the meantime but I think I would really like to use and configure the default.. it seems nice. however, when I try to pin things by dragging, I get this: (red circle with slash) Dropbox - 2015-08-02_14-41-44.png Dropbox - 2015-08-02_14-40-17.png...