Windows 10: Windows 10 admin account problem

Discus and support Windows 10 admin account problem in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have exact problem that other user has posted. I cant change the local user account to admin account. I had tried all the solutions that have been... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mtab7, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Mtab7 Win User

Windows 10 admin account problem

I have exact problem that other user has posted. I cant change the local user account to admin account. I had tried all the solutions that have been posted but windows blocks me and prompts that my password is wrong.

:)

Mtab7, Feb 19, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 19, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 admin account problem :(

Zakin, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 admin account problem - Similar Threads - admin account problem

2. Windows 10 Admin Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Admin Account: I currently log in with a PIN. However, something recently went haywire and it lost my PIN "not available" and could not log in using the admin account as it says it doesn't exist it is my old account. I tried recovering the account but it also says account does not exist....
  3. Admin Account Windows 10

Admin Account Windows 10: I am unable to access the admin account on my desktop. I am running Windows 10. No matter what I try to do, it asks for a password; however, when I enter my Microsoft account password I am told it is incorrect....
  4. Admin Account Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin Account Windows 10: I am unable to access the admin account on my desktop. I am running Windows 10. No matter what I try to do, it asks for a password; however, when I enter my Microsoft account password I am told it is incorrect....
  5. Windows 10 Admin account

Windows 10 Admin account: My granddaughter has a new laptop, her parents want to set up Family safety, but it appears her Microsoft account has been linked to the User Administrator profile. How can this be removed so her mother has this Admin account and she has her own login profile?Also we are...
  6. Admin account but no admin privileges-Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Admin account but no admin privileges-Windows 10: i have a brand new machine. no internet access this is by design. i set up an admin account and a user account following the usual general instructions. I want to check to see if I have UEFI in order to set user restrictions, but the machine says I don't have admin privileges...
  7. admin account problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    admin account problems: Hi i am looking for a way to remove an admin account from my computer as a non admin we have forgotten the password and would just rather delete the account from the laptop...
  8. Windows 10 no admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 no admin account: How do you make a admin account when there is none? I have two local accounts that are not admin, I cannot make any changes since I’m not a admin. This is on windows 10 home so there is no group policy. 128375
  9. built-in admin account problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    built-in admin account problem: i have a clean install of windows 10 pro, before i had a windows 7 and was using the built-in administrator account without problems. now in windows 10 i'm using the built in administrator account but facing problems 1) if i leave the "security settings==>local...
  10. Admin account problems

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin account problems: Hello everyone, I believe i have broken windows 10 user accounts. A few months ago i got bored of the constant UAC popups and decided to activate the Built-in Admin account and use it as my main account. I deleted my other account as i am the only user on this pc. Recently...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black screen windows 10 only when user is added to local admin