Windows 10: Windows 10 Admin Account

Discus and support Windows 10 Admin Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Alright Peeps I have got a laptop with windows 10 on it.. Had it for sometime now.. My original Admin Account which is a Microsoft Account has been... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Byron_Wells, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Admin Account

Alright Peeps

I have got a laptop with windows 10 on it.. Had it for sometime now.. My original Admin Account which is a Microsoft Account has been comprised. That Microsoft Account has been deleted and I have created a brand new Microsoft Account.. I want to remove/delete the old account from laptop.. Or rather I want to change over keep all my files on the computer that I have done under that account and move it to a new admin account that I have created on windows 10

:)

Byron_Wells, Oct 7, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Admin Account :(

Zakin, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Windows 10 Admin Account

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Admin Account

1. Windows 10 Admin Account - Similar Threads - Admin Account

2. Admin Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin Account: Hello I got a problem with an account windows doesn't let me run any program with .exe it's still gave me an error when to install it and I'm using standard account and is there any way to change it to an admin account using standard account?...
  3. Admin Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin Account: Hello I got a problem with an account windows doesn't let me run any program with .exe it's still gave me an error when to install it and I'm using standard account and is there any way to change it to an admin account using standard account?...
  4. Admin Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Why does my Admin PIN not match the PIN used to log in to my account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why does my Admin PIN not match the PIN used to log in to my account?: I am having issues with the PIN requested when attempting to download new applications or software, as the PIN that I use to sign-in to my Microsoft account does not match the PIN asked for when attempting to download new applications. I have tried resetting my pin three...
  6. Why does my Admin PIN not match the PIN used to log in to my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Admin PIN not match the PIN used to log in to my account?: I am having issues with the PIN requested when attempting to download new applications or software, as the PIN that I use to sign-in to my Microsoft account does not match the PIN asked for when attempting to download new applications. I have tried resetting my pin three...
  7. Why does my Admin PIN not match the PIN used to log in to my account?

8. How to Remove Admin Account Email and add a new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Remove Admin Account Email and add a new one: I tried to remove this old administrator account i met on my laptop and i have tried many ways to remove it but to no avail it does not seem to remove and the fact is that i do not know the password at all...
  9. How to Remove Admin Account Email and add a new one

How to Remove Admin Account Email and add a new one: I tried to remove this old administrator account i met on my laptop and i have tried many ways to remove it but to no avail it does not seem to remove and the fact is that i do not know the password at all...
  10. How do I login into a work or school account as an admin without my 2FA device?

How do I login into a work or school account as an admin without my 2FA device?: Hello,I'm sure this is a standard question. I'm the admin for a tenancy currently not used, so we do not have a subscription attached. I've just got a new phone and found that my 2FA accounts in the Microsoft authenticator were not backed up.I cannot understand how to raise a...