Windows 10: Windows 10 admin account

Discus and support Windows 10 admin account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had to replace my hard drive and it came with Windows 10 installed. It required me to set up an account using a phone number since when? and of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Greg308, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Greg308 Win User

Windows 10 admin account

I had to replace my hard drive and it came with Windows 10 installed. It required me to set up an account using a phone number since when? and of course it's not an admin account. How do I delete that useless user account and replace it with an admin account? Please keep in mind that I'm not an admin on my own computer so there's no use it the command prompt.

Thanks

:)

Greg308, Feb 28, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 admin account :(

Zakin, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Windows 10 admin account

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 admin account

1. Windows 10 admin account - Similar Threads - admin account

2. How can I unlink a LIVE account from the admin account in windows 10 without recreating the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I unlink a LIVE account from the admin account in windows 10 without recreating the...: My sister took my mother laptop and my sister linked her account to the admin on the PC. We need it to be unlinked completely. There is NO WORK or SCHOOL account present, just Windows 10 ADMIN account is linked to my sisters MICROSOFT LIVE email account.I have created a...
  3. How can I unlink a LIVE account from the admin account in windows 10 without recreating the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I unlink a LIVE account from the admin account in windows 10 without recreating the...: My sister took my mother laptop and my sister linked her account to the admin on the PC. We need it to be unlinked completely. There is NO WORK or SCHOOL account present, just Windows 10 ADMIN account is linked to my sisters MICROSOFT LIVE email account.I have created a...
  4. How can I unlink a LIVE account from the admin account in windows 10 without recreating the...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 - switching to local admin account vs my Microsoft account - now my PC is fast...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - switching to local admin account vs my Microsoft account - now my PC is fast...: I finally upgraded to windows 10 from window 7. Was extremely disappointed with how my old computer ran under windows 10. I was told that I needed to buy a solid state SSD if I wanted to get my speed back. Microcenter made that recommendation.Have been playing with tweaks to...
  6. Windows 10 - switching to local admin account vs my Microsoft account - now my PC is fast...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - switching to local admin account vs my Microsoft account - now my PC is fast...: I finally upgraded to windows 10 from window 7. Was extremely disappointed with how my old computer ran under windows 10. I was told that I needed to buy a solid state SSD if I wanted to get my speed back. Microcenter made that recommendation.Have been playing with tweaks to...
  7. Windows 10 - switching to local admin account vs my Microsoft account - now my PC is fast...

8. Why has Microsoft not set up 'remote approval' for Admin elevation on a Standard Account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has Microsoft not set up 'remote approval' for Admin elevation on a Standard Account...: This has been an issue for years - and post Covid, even more of an issue. There are good reasons for restricting a user to Standard account privileges for normal day-to-day operation - not just to protect the system from the user, but also from malicious activity malware,...
  9. Why has Microsoft not set up 'remote approval' for Admin elevation on a Standard Account...

Why has Microsoft not set up 'remote approval' for Admin elevation on a Standard Account...: This has been an issue for years - and post Covid, even more of an issue. There are good reasons for restricting a user to Standard account privileges for normal day-to-day operation - not just to protect the system from the user, but also from malicious activity malware,...
  10. How to replace Microsoft admin account with new Microsoft admin account without losing apps...

How to replace Microsoft admin account with new Microsoft admin account without losing apps...: Hi,While setting up my new Win 10 PC, I accidentally signed into my personal Microsoft account. I finished setting up the PC with a bunch of apps and settings only to later realize that I was signed into my personal Microsoft account which is the administrator account on my...