Windows 10: Windows 10 Admin account

Discus and support Windows 10 Admin account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My granddaughter has a new laptop, her parents want to set up Family safety, but it appears her Microsoft account has been linked to the User... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Paulo_GBR, Apr 22, 2022.

1. Paulo_GBR Win User

Windows 10 Admin account

My granddaughter has a new laptop, her parents want to set up Family safety, but it appears her Microsoft account has been linked to the User Administrator profile. How can this be removed so her mother has this Admin account and she has her own login profile?Also we are unable to set up Edge Kids mode, I can see neither browse as guest, or browse in kids mode options in the profile switcher, is this because her account is set to Administrator?MTIA

:)

Paulo_GBR, Apr 22, 2022
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 22, 2022
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Admin account :(

Zakin, Apr 22, 2022
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Windows 10 Admin account

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 22, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 Admin account

1. Windows 10 Admin account - Similar Threads - Admin account

2. How do I login into a work or school account as an admin without my 2FA device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I login into a work or school account as an admin without my 2FA device?: Hello,I'm sure this is a standard question. I'm the admin for a tenancy currently not used, so we do not have a subscription attached. I've just got a new phone and found that my 2FA accounts in the Microsoft authenticator were not backed up.I cannot understand how to raise a...
  3. How do I login into a work or school account as an admin without my 2FA device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I login into a work or school account as an admin without my 2FA device?: Hello,I'm sure this is a standard question. I'm the admin for a tenancy currently not used, so we do not have a subscription attached. I've just got a new phone and found that my 2FA accounts in the Microsoft authenticator were not backed up.I cannot understand how to raise a...
  4. My account is an Admin but there are still issues in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account is an Admin but there are still issues in task manager: I am an AdminI believe as shown in the screenshot bellow but some of my apps still dont have "Open file location option" there are a lot of apps i can't find the location of even with Command line,Cant debug certain apps ,memory dump,or even open properties . i have tried a...
  5. My account is an Admin but there are still issues in task manager

My account is an Admin but there are still issues in task manager: I am an AdminI believe as shown in the screenshot bellow but some of my apps still dont have "Open file location option" there are a lot of apps i can't find the location of even with Command line,Cant debug certain apps ,memory dump,or even open properties . i have tried a...
  6. Why won't Quicken Launch on primary admin account?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why won't Quicken Launch on primary admin account?: Unable to launch Quicken on primary admin account. Setup a second admin account and it launches and is functional. Attempts to launch on primary admin account creates a Quicken error message: "Quicken unexpectedly quit the last time it was run".I am operating on Windows 10...
  7. Why won't Quicken Launch on primary admin account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't Quicken Launch on primary admin account?: Unable to launch Quicken on primary admin account. Setup a second admin account and it launches and is functional. Attempts to launch on primary admin account creates a Quicken error message: "Quicken unexpectedly quit the last time it was run".I am operating on Windows 10...
  8. Why won't Quicken Launch on primary admin account?

9. Creating a Local admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a Local admin account: I have a personal laptop that I got new mid way through school and during setting up that laptop I used my school's email for the Microsoft account.I am graduating soon and that email will be deactivated. How do I disconnect my school account and setup a new admin account...
  10. Creating a Local admin account

Creating a Local admin account: I have a personal laptop that I got new mid way through school and during setting up that laptop I used my school's email for the Microsoft account.I am graduating soon and that email will be deactivated. How do I disconnect my school account and setup a new admin account...