Windows 10: Windows 10 Admin alias has two email addresses

Discus and support Windows 10 Admin alias has two email addresses in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Big update came down a few weeks ago, lots of problems. Dozens of hours. What I haven't fixed: My Alias now has my email at the sign-in but another... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DustinSchrimpsher, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Admin alias has two email addresses

Big update came down a few weeks ago, lots of problems. Dozens of hours.

What I haven't fixed: My Alias now has my email at the sign-in but another email under "Your Info." The spurious email was from another account on this computer which appears to have been totally lost in the update. Efforts to change that extra email address fall flat, the Account alias page doesn't even list the extra email address.

I've gone through a thread in this community for a similar problem but, like everyone else in the thread, none of the solutions worked. Should I backup all my files and proceed with a total reinstall? That will take a while.

Thanks for you expertise!

Dustin

:)

DustinSchrimpsher, Oct 14, 2020

2. Microsoft account email alias problem

i changed the alias and removed the default one, so now i have only the new one in the list...the default one that was their is gone

i did not know that removing the default alias would mean i would lose my original email address, because now my original email adress isnt working.

and on top of that, my new alias or should i say new email address isint recieving emails... over 20 years of usuing the same email address and its gone because i thought a alias was just a display name.

Steven Campoli, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Alias email addresses

I want to add my primary email address as an alias and remove the current alias. But when I attempt to, the system comes back with "email address already taken" even though its my primary email address. How do I
    get around this?

martinatkinson1, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Admin alias has two email addresses

Changing administrator email address

Hi Nooren,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) How do you access the Windows computer? Do you use Microsoft account or local account?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open PC settings, and click/tap on Accounts on the left side.

• Click/tap on your account on the right side, click/tap on the More account settings online link at the top of the right side.

• If this PC or device is not a trusted device, then you will be prompted to enter and submit a security code sent to your phone or alternate email address.

• In Internet Explorer, or your default web browser, click/tap on the Add or change aliases link under Account aliases.

• Click/tap on Rename under your (primary alias).

• Click/tap on Yes, rename my primary alias.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account with your new email address and password. You can close the web browser when finished.

• To Create a New Email Address to Use as your Primary Alias

• Select (dot) Create a new email address as your primary alias.

• Select if you want a new hotmail.com, live.com, or outlook.com address.

• Type in a name you want, click/tap on Rename primary alias
    9. Click/tap on OK.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Admin alias has two email addresses

1. Windows 10 Admin alias has two email addresses - Similar Threads - Admin alias has

2. How to add alias email address when account email address is no longer accessible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add alias email address when account email address is no longer accessible?: I am trying to access my daughter’s Microsoft account Minecraft related issue to add an alias email address as the email address associated with the Microsoft account is no longer accessible.I can access the Microsoft account ok, but the problem occurs when trying to add the...
  3. How to add alias email address when account email address is no longer accessible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add alias email address when account email address is no longer accessible?: I am trying to access my daughter’s Microsoft account Minecraft related issue to add an alias email address as the email address associated with the Microsoft account is no longer accessible.I can access the Microsoft account ok, but the problem occurs when trying to add the...
  4. How to add alias email address when account email address is no longer accessible?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Issues with logging in using alias email address

Issues with logging in using alias email address: I had two email addresses as primary and secondary alias for my account. My old laptopWin 8.1, my main PC is currently using Win 10, which I wanted to log on used the secondary alias email primary back when it was my only PC, but the password didn't work. I decided to remove...
  6. Issues with logging in using alias email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with logging in using alias email address: I had two email addresses as primary and secondary alias for my account. My old laptopWin 8.1, my main PC is currently using Win 10, which I wanted to log on used the secondary alias email primary back when it was my only PC, but the password didn't work. I decided to remove...
  7. Issues with logging in using alias email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. two email address

two email address: I have two Microsoft accounts and I want to delete one of them. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-email-address/bf1ce28e-cb91-43cc-a70a-7e4049ad292a
  9. Email Alias address already in use

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Email Alias address already in use: My windows account shows my old email address which I would like to change. Seems like I have 2 accounts Passport & Email. How can I update my email address to show only one? Thank you...
  10. Alias email addresses

Alias email addresses: I want to add my primary email address as an alias and remove the current alias. But when I attempt to, the system comes back with "email address already taken" even though its my primary email address. How do I get around this?...