Windows 10: Windows 10 Admin password and safe mode

Discus and support Windows 10 Admin password and safe mode in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My son accidentally put his computer into safe mode. It's asking for an Admin password but it's been years since I first set up his laptop and I can't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LanelaSmith, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Admin password and safe mode

My son accidentally put his computer into safe mode. It's asking for an Admin password but it's been years since I first set up his laptop and I can't remember it. We've tried every password I could think of using including possible pins. He can't use the forgot password option without a USB. Sadly, he's at his dad's over the weekend and I can't help him. Is there a way to bypass the password needed to get back into his laptop so he can get it out of safe mode and back into normal mode?

:)

LanelaSmith, Sep 4, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 4, 2020
  3. freeboy Win User
    admin password?

ok changed added admin password for d in safe mode!
    Ok, now this is weird: XP repair will not accept my new password! WTF?

freeboy, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Admin password and safe mode

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Admin password and safe mode

1. Windows 10 Admin password and safe mode - Similar Threads - Admin password safe

2. Windows 10 Safe Mode password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Safe Mode password: It has been so long since I installed Windows for the first time maybe NT? that I have forgotten what I set my Safe Mode password to. On occasion I have an issue where the suggestions are to first reboot into Safe Mode. But, when I try that, it will not accept any password I...
  3. Windows 10 Safe Mode password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Safe Mode password: It has been so long since I installed Windows for the first time maybe NT? that I have forgotten what I set my Safe Mode password to. On occasion I have an issue where the suggestions are to first reboot into Safe Mode. But, when I try that, it will not accept any password I...
  4. Windows 10 Safe Mode password

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to exit safe mode, admin password not working

Unable to exit safe mode, admin password not working: Hello! I booted my computer into safe mode and am unable to exit safe mode now. The administrator password is not working so I created a recovery using windows media tool to access the command line. I saw a common fix to be : bcdedit /deletevalue {default} safeboot but I...
  6. Windows in safe mode but forgot admin password

Windows in safe mode but forgot admin password: Hi, As my system troubleshooting, I suppose to boot my Windows 10 in Safemode through msconfig, but my Admin password to log in is not accepting. Even I change new password to my account but windows in safe mode it's not updated. How to resolve the issue....
  7. In Safe Mode, forgot Admin password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    In Safe Mode, forgot Admin password.: Hello, I had to restart my computer to Safe mode. Unfortunately, i forgot my password. However, from what ive read, I might still have hope because I think my account is tied to my Microsoft account because when I enter Safe Mode with Command Prompt i see my account name and...
  8. Can’t exit safe mode without admin password

Can’t exit safe mode without admin password: I booted safe mode on my windows 10 laptop, not knowing that I needed the admin password, which I don’t know. I also don’t have an installation disk i can boot from. Now I can’t login to my laptop without the admin password, is there any way to boot safe mode without...
  9. Windows 10 safe mode password

Windows 10 safe mode password: I am trying to restart my Acer laptop using Windows 10 in Safe Mode. This requires a password. I'm trying my Microsoft password (the one I used to get t this Community page) and it is constantly rejected. I have no idea how to proceed. How do I get back into my computer?...
  10. Windows 10: Stuck in Safe Mode - No Password, Admin, Command, etc...

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10: Stuck in Safe Mode - No Password, Admin, Command, etc...: Hello, I want to mention that before posting this message, I've searched online and followed all recommendations from different posts and websites. Since none of them worked, I'm creating a new post and I'm hoping someone can help me... due to a screen flickering...