Windows 10: windows 10 admin rights problem

Discus and support windows 10 admin rights problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi i'm using windows 10 and office 365 I noticed I was having problems last year after an update to windows that outlook, office and other programmes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ScottMoran5, Apr 23, 2019.

1. windows 10 admin rights problem

Hi i'm using windows 10 and office 365

I noticed I was having problems last year after an update to windows that outlook, office and other programmes would not start unless I used the "run as administrator"

I only use one account on this machine and it has full administrator privileges. (though seems to override this when ever it feels like it)

This does not happen every time, sometime I can open programmes as they should open, but other time I cant and the only way round this properly seem to be to re-start the machine.

problem is, sometimes it takes more then one re-boot, it took me 8 tries just the other day.

I don't really want to re-install everything due to the potential loss of data, and programmes as this is a business machine.

I've looked online but cant seem to find anyone else having a sporadic problem like this.

any ideas would be great.

the machine was updated to windows 10, but had no problems for a year or so.

I notice one work around that works only until the machine is re-started and that is to remove user account from local administrator group, then re-add, log off and log back on. this then gives full rights until you re-boot and then its back to square one so it seems to be something to do with the local administrator group, but not sure how to fix properly

:)

ScottMoran5, Apr 23, 2019
  2. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Apr 23, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 23, 2019
  4. windows 10 admin rights problem

Windows 10 Admin rights?

I am becoming increasingly frustrated with windows 10, for some unexplained reason the photos app stopped working, the suggestion is to uninstall and reinstall this app, however the system reports that I do not have admin rights to perform this operation!

I wonder who does, I log into windows as an administrator and could do anything, this is a new problem since upgrading to windows 10 on my single user personal laptop.

I did find a community post showing the following instructions:

I request you to follow the below steps and disable in built admin account on the computer.

• Open Command Prompt in Admin mode.
    • Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:no

3.Close the elevated command prompt.

4.The built-in Administrator will now be available to select to sign into.

However all I get for my trouble is access denied error 5

So where do we go from here?

I am 66 already and cannot wait forever to sort this please help windows 10  admin rights problem ;)

PeterSimpsonSimo, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 admin rights problem

1. windows 10 admin rights problem - Similar Threads - admin rights problem

2. Lost admin rights on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost admin rights on windows 10: Hello, I was playing around in computer management because I wanted to get rid of always login in as other user and having to manually input my local account, and lost my admin rights, now I can't access to anything that requires admin rights. It shows "to continue, enter a...
  3. No admin rights despite admin account on Windows 10?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No admin rights despite admin account on Windows 10?: I was trying to install a client when I got an error message saying that I do not have the required permissions in the D: drive and I need to do this in my user folder instead. I found no other solution than to allow full access to the drive in the "Administrator" account, my...
  4. Admin rights Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin rights Windows 10: Is there a way to restore admin rights without having to re-install windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-rights-windows-10/c71fda0e-f8e5-43cd-9a73-250152c6f7ff
  5. Windows 10 Admin rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Admin rights: While doing certain tasks on my computer, a prompt ask for admin credentials. After entering the correct password I am denied access. I checked my user accts. and I can't access the admin acct. Any ideas?...
  6. Security and admin rights problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security and admin rights problems: Hi, here's my problem, I just bought a new SSD and did a fresh install of Windows 10, the old drive was running windows 8, I can acces the files and read them but there's no way to change anything, I tried to check the security as shown here...
  7. Admin rights problem with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Admin rights problem with Windows 10: Hi, I have a problem trying to change the desktop icons settings. When I click that option in the personalize tab from the desktop this shows up: "Windows cannot access the specified device path or file. You may not have appropriate permissions" I am using the admin...
  8. Windows 10: Admin rights

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10: Admin rights: For some time I've been unable to save files to my "Downloads" folder for some reason, I ignored it since pretty much all other directories could work to save files. Error translates as follows: "You do not have permission to save in this location. Request permission to...
  9. Windows 10 Admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Admin rights: Hi All, I just started using Windows 10 and I'm having issues with giving my account admin rights. I have a local account at the moment. Under Settings > Accounts, I don't have the option to add family & members. When I try to manage my Microsoft account online and add a...
  10. Windows admin rights.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows admin rights.: Hey everyone! Recently i had a problem that i couldnt delete some files and it said that i needed the adminstrator permission to change it. I solved that problem. But in the procces od solving that problem, another one came. Right now, everything that has admin...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to regain lost admin priviledges windows 10