Windows 10: Windows 10: Admin rights

Discus and support Windows 10: Admin rights in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For some time I've been unable to save files to my "Downloads" folder for some reason, I ignored it since pretty much all other directories could work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by carlosgirona, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Windows 10: Admin rights

For some time I've been unable to save files to my "Downloads" folder for some reason, I ignored it since pretty much all other directories could work to save files.

Error translates as follows: "You do not have permission to save in this location. Request permission to administrator."

The problem is that I have some old files stored there and I don't seem to be able to do absolutely anything with them. Can't move them around the drive, can't open some of them (requests admin rights or "access denied" despite being sole user).

I've tried creating another Windows user, making it admin and trying to acces and modify those files but it didn't work. Also went into advanced properties to check user rights and had "total control" over directory and subfolders...

I'm absolutely lost here and I've found dozens of other users encountering the same issue and dozens of different solutions yet nothing seems to work for me.

Some help/guidance appreciated!

PS: Absolutely fuming with Win 10 security updates, they've been dragging me since last summer!

:)

carlosgirona, Apr 26, 2019
  2. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Apr 26, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 26, 2019
  4. Windows 10: Admin rights

Windows 10 Admin rights?

I am becoming increasingly frustrated with windows 10, for some unexplained reason the photos app stopped working, the suggestion is to uninstall and reinstall this app, however the system reports that I do not have admin rights to perform this operation!

I wonder who does, I log into windows as an administrator and could do anything, this is a new problem since upgrading to windows 10 on my single user personal laptop.

I did find a community post showing the following instructions:

I request you to follow the below steps and disable in built admin account on the computer.

• Open Command Prompt in Admin mode.
    • Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:no

3.Close the elevated command prompt.

4.The built-in Administrator will now be available to select to sign into.

However all I get for my trouble is access denied error 5

So where do we go from here?

I am 66 already and cannot wait forever to sort this please help Windows 10: Admin rights ;)

PeterSimpsonSimo, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10: Admin rights

1. Windows 10: Admin rights - Similar Threads - Admin rights

2. My company is asking if we as developers need Local Admin Rights. Is there a difference...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My company is asking if we as developers need Local Admin Rights. Is there a difference...: My company is asking if we as developers need Local Admin Rights. I'm sure it is an attempt to be more secure and not allow users install software willy nilly or change computer settings that would shutdown their laptops.But I say that we developers DO need Local Admin Rights...
  3. My company is asking if we as developers need Local Admin Rights. Is there a difference...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My company is asking if we as developers need Local Admin Rights. Is there a difference...: My company is asking if we as developers need Local Admin Rights. I'm sure it is an attempt to be more secure and not allow users install software willy nilly or change computer settings that would shutdown their laptops.But I say that we developers DO need Local Admin Rights...
  4. My company is asking if we as developers need Local Admin Rights. Is there a difference...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. My 'local admin' userid does not have administrative rights on my laptop - I don't understand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 'local admin' userid does not have administrative rights on my laptop - I don't understand: I set up a local administrator on my laptop lenovo yoga slim 6, Windows 11 Home v 22H2 following the instructions given in Windows help - create normal user without ID account, then change this normal user to admin. I ran "manage-bde -status" in the command prompt to get the...
  6. My 'local admin' userid does not have administrative rights on my laptop - I don't understand

My 'local admin' userid does not have administrative rights on my laptop - I don't understand: I set up a local administrator on my laptop lenovo yoga slim 6, Windows 11 Home v 22H2 following the instructions given in Windows help - create normal user without ID account, then change this normal user to admin. I ran "manage-bde -status" in the command prompt to get the...
  7. Admin without any admin rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin without any admin rights: Hi, I've gotten my Asus laptop repaired back in November and I'm an Administrator but I've no admin rights whatsoever, I can't install apps or run any programs as Admin, that's very infuriating. Now, I've ni idea if it's my laptop or my account but I've tried everything, and...
  8. Admin without any admin rights

Admin without any admin rights: Hi, I've gotten my Asus laptop repaired back in November and I'm an Administrator but I've no admin rights whatsoever, I can't install apps or run any programs as Admin, that's very infuriating. Now, I've ni idea if it's my laptop or my account but I've tried everything, and...
  9. Admin without any admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Lost DISK And Admin rights after Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost DISK And Admin rights after Windows Update.: I updated my windows on pc couse it said i had a new update, after the reboot one of my disks are gone and i can't use anything that requires admin rights, please help really scared right now...