Windows 10: Windows 10 admin stuck on 'Welcome' when logging in. Other Users work fine.

Discus and support Windows 10 admin stuck on 'Welcome' when logging in. Other Users work fine. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all,Today my laptop was running rather slowly so I closed all my open tabs and apps far too many were open and then restarted my laptop.The laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jcy204, Jul 2, 2021.

1. jcy204 Win User

Windows 10 admin stuck on 'Welcome' when logging in. Other Users work fine.

Hi all,Today my laptop was running rather slowly so I closed all my open tabs and apps far too many were open and then restarted my laptop.The laptop turns on fine, however when I the admin log into my account, the login gets no further than displaying 'welcome'.I have left it for over an hour and there was no change from this screen.Strangely, when I sign into one of the other user accounts on the machine, it loads perfectly.I have tried to enter safe mode however the same loading loop occurs.Does anyone have any insight?Thanks,James

:)

jcy204, Jul 2, 2021
  2. JayNW Win User

UAC for everything unless logged into as admin?

I'm new to windows 10, but am I missing something? I installed windows 10, did all my updates, then created a user account for me. My understanding is that it is better to run as a user than to always be logged in as admin day-to-day. But this is frustrating as programs aren't working and I find out that its because they needs admin rights. This morning I logged into my user account and tried to open Quicken for the first time. I get the error message and it appears the program isn't working. I logged in as admin and it works fine. This seems overboard to me. That I cant run quicken unless I'm the admin. There should be a set of trusted programs. Any suggestions? Other than running as admin all the time.

Thanks.

JayNW, Jul 2, 2021
  3. Mystere Win User
    UAC for everything unless logged into as admin?

Actually, no. Your understanding is incorrect.

You are just fine running as an administrator (note: not THE administrator, as in the administrator account), with UAC enabled.

The only people that should be running as a normal user are those you do not trust to perform administrative tasks (like children, or others who aren't technical).

Mystere, Jul 2, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 admin stuck on 'Welcome' when logging in. Other Users work fine. - Similar Threads - admin stuck 'Welcome'

2. Admin user freezes @ welcome after logging in for anything, but other users are fine.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin user freezes @ welcome after logging in for anything, but other users are fine.: Hello I have been struggling to log in as my admin main user, I have tried endless amounts of things. First thing to note is that I can log in as a normal local user I have on the system just fine any time I try to bring up something with admin rights and it needs approved...
  3. Admin user freezes @ welcome after logging in for anything, but other users are fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin user freezes @ welcome after logging in for anything, but other users are fine.: Hello I have been struggling to log in as my admin main user, I have tried endless amounts of things. First thing to note is that I can log in as a normal local user I have on the system just fine any time I try to bring up something with admin rights and it needs approved...
  4. Admin user freezes @ welcome after logging in for anything, but other users are fine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. other users logged in, when there are no other users

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    other users logged in, when there are no other users: Computer is being very slow. So i was removing an unused program via the control panel and it told me that there were other users logged in. This is a personal device and there are no other users. I checked the C:/Users folder and there are several there: Allison...
  6. Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen when logging in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen when logging in: So basically my PC was rendering on Adobe After effects last night and it froze at one point so I just held the power button to turn it off, now it’s not even logging in, I’ve tried going into save mode and all that but I just shows a black screen, idk wtf is going on with my...
  7. Stuck at "Welcome" after logging in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at "Welcome" after logging in: I've entered my passwrd and it get stuck at welcome Safe mode has the same problem I tried advanced options > startup repair with my installation USB but it said it couldn't do it Not sure what else to try outside of re-installing submitted by /u/MrSparkyBoomMan [link]...
  8. My admin password doesn't work when logged into other users on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My admin password doesn't work when logged into other users on Windows 10: My son has a user on our Windows 10 pc. When we are logged into his account and try to perform admin-rights operations, then my admin password (Microsoft account) is wrong (it says wrong username or passw). When I'm logged into my account (admin), then there are no such...
  9. Windows 10 stuck on "Welcome" when logging in

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 stuck on "Welcome" when logging in: Windows 10 boots normally (albeit slightly slower than average), but after I insert the password for my account it never continues beyond "Welcome". After a week of troubleshooting, I've determined that nearly all troubleshooting options have failed. When using (shift +...
  10. Stuck on log in on welcome screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck on log in on welcome screen: I upgraded win7 to win10, but the first win10 welcome screen is stalling after putting my password in. The cpu isn't doing much. Just a arrow cursor that moves with the mouse on the welcome screen. I have waited about 2 hrs. I pressed delete two times and the welcome screen...