Windows 10: Windows 10 Administrator can't delete unwanted folder on USB

Discus and support Windows 10 Administrator can't delete unwanted folder on USB in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just recently got a new Lenovo Ideapad S340 with windows 10 built in and I have spotted a problem with my external 1Terabyte harddrive while using it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nocruoro, Mar 11, 2020.

1. nocruoro Win User

Windows 10 Administrator can't delete unwanted folder on USB

Just recently got a new Lenovo Ideapad S340 with windows 10 built in and I have spotted a problem with my external 1Terabyte harddrive while using it on it for the first time on it on this machine.

The usb hard drive it has a folder stuck in it which wasn't there when it was purchased and it was only spotted recently. There's nothing in it but my own administrative account is unable to delete it.

I've already deactivated User Account Control and pressed confirmed "you'll need administrative access" to delete it but it's not a Windows or System file?
    The folder is on top of the list called -

Windows 10 Administrator can't delete unwanted folder on USB [​IMG]

:)

nocruoro, Mar 11, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Windows 10 Administrator can't delete unwanted folder on USB :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Windows 10 Administrator can't delete unwanted folder on USB :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Mar 11, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Mar 11, 2020
  4. Jekyll99 Win User

Problem with unwanted folder deletion

I have a rather large HDD with multiple directories and sub-directories. I've recently discovered that each of these directories contains an unwanted .metadata folder, which itself contains a number of unwanted files. I'd like to delete all these .metadata folders and their contents (all identical) in one fell swoop, rather than have to laboriously wade through maybe 300 separate directories to delete them individually.

Suggestions?

Jekyll99, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Administrator can't delete unwanted folder on USB - Similar Threads - Administrator can't delete

2. Unable to delete unwanted system folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete unwanted system folders: [ATTACH] These folder appeared after I connected my iPhone and PC to back up my iCloud datas. I couldn't delete them though they are all empty. Other than being very annoying they don't really do much to my PC. Please guide me how to delete these folders. When I click on...
  3. Unwanted user account in start window can't be deleted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unwanted user account in start window can't be deleted: When I restart Windows 10, I get two user accounts on my startup screen. The first is my name and I use a pin to log in. The second I have never created and shows up first on startup. The user account does not show up in the Control Panel. I've tried to use the command...
  4. Can't delete unwanted System partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't delete unwanted System partition: Hi everyone, I'm having troubles deleting an unwanted partition D: from my SSD. I've had a Windows 10 installed on it D: previously and for one reason or another it malfunctioned and I had to install a fresh copy of Windows 10. Which I did on a different partition C:....
  5. Administrator permission to delete a folder

Administrator permission to delete a folder: Avira autorun blocker needs administrator permission to delete it, How to get this permission ? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-permission-to-delete-a-folder/8d4ff131-fddb-408d-8e98-81fe7b6c3e1f"
  6. Problem with unwanted folder deletion

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with unwanted folder deletion: I have a rather large HDD with multiple directories and sub-directories. I've recently discovered that each of these directories contains an unwanted .metadata folder, which itself contains a number of unwanted files. I'd like to delete all these .metadata folders and their...
  7. Can't Delete Folder In Windows 10

Can't Delete Folder In Windows 10: I am logged into my Windows 10 machine as a local user with administrator rights. I created a folder and worked on some files in it and now I want to delete the folder, but Windows 10 won't let me. It says I need permission to perform this action from DESKTOP-TEM8GGA\Kim...
  8. Can't delete folder - Windows requires Administrator permission

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete folder - Windows requires Administrator permission: Hi, I have read through all instructions on how to grant myself permission and I am still having problems. I have downloaded totalcommand, installed take ownership, alternative filemanager to delete files using a gui. I have followed these instructions but come to a problem...
  9. Can't delete folder - Windows requires Administrator permission

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete folder - Windows requires Administrator permission: Hello, I try to completely delete a folder from C:\Program Files (x86), after I uninstalled the program it contained, but I get this message: "You require permission from administrators to make changes to this folder" But I am the administrator, no? Thanks *Smile 12525
  10. accidentally deleted the administrations folder

in Windows 10 Support
    accidentally deleted the administrations folder: Okay, so, just 10 minutes ago my dad accidentally deleted the administrations folder. Now I can't do anything. How do I restore my computer? btw using windows 10 93643

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows administrator which cant be deleted

2. boot usb to delete windows folder