Windows 10: Windows 10 administrator password

Discus and support Windows 10 administrator password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I purchased an acer laptop from Staples just over a year ago, running Windows 10. I never bothered setting up a user, just the primary administrator... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by adam_12, Jan 11, 2019.

1. adam_12 Win User

Windows 10 administrator password

I purchased an acer laptop from Staples just over a year ago, running Windows 10. I never bothered setting up a user, just the primary administrator account to login; with a very simple password. The password has never been changed, and always worked until a week ago...

From the many hours of research I've done, it seems there is no possible way to get into windows without a working password, given there is no user to choose from but "administrator". Seems that no matter what login tricks one tries a password is needed. My password (for whatever reason) is no longer accepted. Do I just run this ****er over with my tractor numerous times and trash it, or is there a more civilized resolution?

:)

adam_12, Jan 11, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Win10 lost UAC (administrator)password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you forgot the administrator account password and you are unable to login. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to log in to built in administrator account and create a new administrator account.

Please try the steps given below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• From the Lock screen, click on
      Power
      button.

• Press and hold the Shift key from the Keyboard and Click on
      Restart and try to enter the Safe mode.
    Kindly try to start your computer in Safe mode from the Windows Recovery Environment. Follow the below step.

Step 2:

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode by pressing the corresponding number.
    Once you have entered into the Safe mode then, open Command Prompt and enable Built in Administrator.

Step 3:

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from
      Windows Recovery Environment

• Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

• Close the Command Prompt.

• Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the earlier password or you can create new user account.
    Refer the below link to create the new Local user account.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 11, 2019
  4. jec298829 Win User

Can't remember administrator password in Windows 10

I am running Windows 10. I cannot remember my administrator password even with the clue I noted. I've tried suggestions listed on different forums, nothing works. I can sign in to Microsoft, but apparently this is a different account. So, how do I
    reset or recover my administrator password?

jec298829, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 administrator password - Similar Threads - administrator password

2. RECOVERING ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD WITHOUT PASSWORD RESET DISC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    RECOVERING ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD WITHOUT PASSWORD RESET DISC: I am the owner and ONLY user of my desktop PC. On this computer, I have two accounts: one is for me personally, and the other is "Administrator." I need to get into that Administrator account, but cannot remember the password. I have tried to reset it, but apparently I need...
  3. Auto Login to Local Administrator when start up the computer without require password

Auto Login to Local Administrator when start up the computer without require password: Dear Community, We have been deployed Windows 10 Enterprise in our Organization through the network. We are currently facing the problem of Auto login to Local administrator user without type any password required event we are already set the password. I have been trying to...
  4. How to enter admin username and password as administrator?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enter admin username and password as administrator?: I sign in my microsoft account but I don't want to enter password everytime I boot my windows. And then I found a way using Netplwiz. I uncheck the option "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" and restart my PC. But it doesn't work. Then I run...
  5. Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost.

Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost.: changeing administrator when the administrator password is lost ***Modified Title from: changeing administrator when the administrator password is lost***...
  6. Fogotten of Administration Password

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fogotten of Administration Password: Dear Friends, I forgotten my administration password as because I used the pin code to log my system. I need to reinstall Windows 10 Home version freshly again. My laptop has licensed Windows 10 Home Version (Digital Key). It was installed @ the time I purchased. How can I...
  7. Can't access anything with administrator password!

Can't access anything with administrator password!: Hello, We upgraded our to 50mbs yesterday. I got a new modem so it required you to put in a new network name and password. I setup our xbox 1X, ps4, ps3, 3 smartphones and our tablet but when I set up my laptop it wouldnt let me access the internet so I set up a new...
  8. Is it possible to disable or password protect Safe Mode in Windows 10 for Administrators?

Is it possible to disable or password protect Safe Mode in Windows 10 for Administrators?: I have installed Kaspersky Safekids application in Windows 10. My son can stop service of Safekids by using Safe mode. I have required to give administrators rights to my son. How can I block Safe mode? It is fine to completely remove Safe mode feature. I have tried...
  9. Why not set a password for the built in local Administrator account in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why not set a password for the built in local Administrator account in Windows 10: I changed my pc to show the local Administrator userid at logon. When I go to set a password, I am getting the warning message as shown in the below screen snapshot. What is the danger of establishing a password for the local Administrator account? The below command...
  10. Administrator password

Administrator password: I can't install apps on my Mac desk top without my administrator password which I have forgotten https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-password/0ffdd913-f98f-4d0c-9a5c-cf532d4209af