Windows 10: Windows 10 administrator permission issues before and after clean install

Discus and support Windows 10 administrator permission issues before and after clean install in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I brough my PC to someone for some hardware maintenance and a performance check and when I got it back many things were not working - Right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ExcelNoob88, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Windows 10 administrator permission issues before and after clean install

Hi,

I brough my PC to someone for some hardware maintenance and a performance check and when I got it back many things were not working

- Right click on taskbar

- Search function on taskbar

- Microsoft Office suite not working Teams unable to log in, Outlook saying resources low, Word saying cannot find resources

- Some apps and games not responding to startup/not working at all

- Unable to open some files in Downloads and Music folder without giving administrator permission never needed to before

Eventually I figured it appears that all these issues seemed to be tied to denied access and that all programs that stopped working were behind a 'permission denied' wall.

After trying many options found on the internet I decided to backup my files and do a whole clean install of Windows.

I am now in the process of reinstalling all my apps and programs and receive errors again telling me I have no access to C:/program files to install anything in it.

When I go to the security tab on this folder, my PC's Administrators do not have Full control over the file and I cannot change it either, changing permissions is greyed out.

Windows 10 administrator permission issues before and after clean install 345ac288-25e5-4fe3-b930-4beda51d282d?upload=true.png

Windows 10 administrator permission issues before and after clean install [​IMG]

Windows 10 administrator permission issues before and after clean install [​IMG]

Could my Microsoft account be corrupted and how do I repair it? Could my Windows be corrupted and how do I tell it to recognise my account only account and only administrator as an administrator and give it all the relevant access?

I don't know what happened while my PC was in maintenance, the person claims only to have installed this performance check program, but it changed some very crucial things on my machine causing these crippling issues.

Help!!

:)

ExcelNoob88, Feb 5, 2021

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Windows 10 clean install issues

I have the well known to the webs 'Start Menu Not working / Slow opening apps from taskbar' like you in RS3 aka Fall Creators update,
    Even after CLEAN windows install...and there is no permanent fix out there, until M$ fix it.
    So i have clean install RS2 Iso and block the updates so RS3 dont install to my system.
    Im waiting for RS4 to be released hopefully fixes all those issues...but i doubt, they only thing they do is adding more and more bloatware.

Proof of my problem:

Start Menu Not Working in Windows 10 [Solved] - Driver Easy
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/start-menu-does-not-open-windows-10
    Fix Windows 10 Menu Not Working - Easy Steps - The Windows Plus

All those articles are fresth from January 2018, mind you all those ''FIXES'' dont work.

Video from 2015, until now the problems still exist:

LocoDiceGR, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Marby Rey Win User

Windows 10 administrator permission issues before and after clean install

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 administrator permission issues before and after clean install

1. Windows 10 administrator permission issues before and after clean install - Similar Threads - administrator permission issues

2. administrator permissions issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    administrator permissions issues: my friend set up my laptop then sent it to me I can't open anything related to the settings like the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth or the settings itself its windows 11 home...
  3. administrator permissions issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    administrator permissions issues: my friend set up my laptop then sent it to me I can't open anything related to the settings like the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth or the settings itself its windows 11 home...
  4. Issue after clean installing windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue after clean installing windows 10: Last night I cleaned install my laptop. I downloaded the windows media creation tool and created an ISO file for windows 10. I then installed it on my laptop, everything worked smoothly. But when I open my laptop, there are multiples issues that I encountered. First, my...
  5. Administrator permission issues on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrator permission issues on Windows 10: I recently purchased a new computer with Window 10. I connected my Nikon camera to download pictures I have taken and keeps saying I don't have permission. My account that I sign into is an administrator account. I'm at a total loss for what is happening here. I can see it...
  6. Clean install v1903 - Permissions issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clean install v1903 - Permissions issues: I have just reinstalled v1903 from scratch yesterday and now I have a lot of issues regarding permissions. I have to run as administrator a lot of apps to be able to open my files (they are on desktop) (Excel for instance). My Documents, desktop and everything else are moved...
  7. Administrator permission issues on window 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator permission issues on window 10: Hello, I recently bought my laptop off of a dad whose child used it orginally and I cannot perform administrator actions. There is only one account on the laptop and it appears to have administrator permissions when I go on control panel-change account type. On there, it...
  8. Continued issues after clean installing Windows

Continued issues after clean installing Windows: I've had issue with my computer completely freezing after an update 4-6 weeks ago. I can work on it fine for a while then it will randomly freeze or just completely turn off. Sometimes when I plug in a USB device it will freeze as well, but mostly it is very random. I bought...
  9. Issues NOT booting after a clean Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues NOT booting after a clean Windows 10 install: Hi, My system lost it's functionality, hanging in different applications etc. So I decided to 'reset' this failed twice, once with keep files and once with remove everything. As I could still use the system I downloaded the MCT and created on a USB, so far no issues. Boot...
  10. Frequent Black Screens Before and After Clean Install

Frequent Black Screens Before and After Clean Install: I've been struggling with my computer display for over a week now. At random times the display will shut off entirely, the sound will loop for a bit, but the LED's on both my mouse and keyboard stay on. I thought that this was a corrupted driver problem so I reformatted my...