Windows 10: Windows 10 Administrator, Run as Administrator access lost; cannot get back

Discus and support Windows 10 Administrator, Run as Administrator access lost; cannot get back in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have seen several different posts on this but can't seem to find the right answer for me. I disabled my administrator access by Select Cmd Prompt:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by goingtoapogo, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Administrator, Run as Administrator access lost; cannot get back

I have seen several different posts on this but can't seem to find the right answer for me. I disabled my administrator access by Select Cmd Prompt: Run as administrator; system 32>net user administrator /active: no. Now, I cannot figure out how to get it back. When I go to Cmd Prompt: Run as administrator is not available for me to select. If I go into the Cmd Prompt Screen, I only get C:\Users\name>

I have gone to recovery but Yes is not an available option. I have gone to local user groups, but Yes is not an available option, or I get the message that says I don't have administrator access. This is my personal computer. I have tried User Access Control and Yes is not an available option. If I have any updates to correct programs installed, I cannot update because Yes is not an available option. I have been trying to fix this for over 3 weeks now without any luck on any site. Every response says 'choose run as administrator' but that option is not even available.

I am guessing it must have something to do with updating the command prompt but I am not code savvy to fix this.

Need help, please!

:)

goingtoapogo, Jan 13, 2019
  2. Snake05 Win User

Boot into Windows as administrator

You set up the admin password when installing XP, but most the time people believe it is for their individual account and not the Administrator one. As for Vista, like stated before, the initial account created is an administrator account, and if necessary, you may need to right click certain programs to "Run as Administrator"

Snake05, Jan 13, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Network Administrator

General info --> Network administrator

You may be better off looking at the job descriptions for some of the businesses you wish to do the job for; as, some companies have varying duties and requirements.

This is a sample at Monster.com:
    Spoiler
    This is another sample from America's Job Exchange:

Spoiler

95Viper, Jan 13, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 10 Administrator, Run as Administrator access lost; cannot get back

Win8.1 can "Run as administrator" be deactived?

Just like Windows 7 you have two options.

1.) Turn off User Account Control. This will automatically run everything as administrator.
    2.) Use the hidden True Administrator account. This will break most of the Apps in Windows 8 though(some consider this a good thing*Laugh :laughWindows 10 Administrator, Run as Administrator access lost; cannot get back :).

The option to run as administrator will still be there, but you'll never have to use it.

newtekie1, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Administrator, Run as Administrator access lost; cannot get back

1. Windows 10 Administrator, Run as Administrator access lost; cannot get back - Similar Threads - Administrator Run Administrator

2. Cannot run anything as administrator no access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot run anything as administrator no access: Hello, here is what I am trying to do. I want to give a family member one of my three desktop PCs. I am the only one that has an account on it both a MS account and a local account. I has basically nothing but win 10 on it. Very little used. I cannot access or run anything in...
  3. Cannot run anything as administrator no access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot run anything as administrator no access: Hello, here is what I am trying to do. I want to give a family member one of my three desktop PCs. I am the only one that has an account on it both a MS account and a local account. I has basically nothing but win 10 on it. Very little used. I cannot access or run anything in...
  4. Cannot run anything as administrator no access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot run anything as administrator no access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Lost Access to Administrator Account. Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Access to Administrator Account. Win 10: I have lost access to my Administrator Account. It happened , I think, after a MS Update. I also had to rebuild MS Outlook, which I am still trying to complete. As you must realise the problem of not having an Administrator Account is not workable as you cannot get past the...
  7. Administrative Access Lost

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrative Access Lost: Hello,So I was trying to enable a program on my account but got an error. "You do not have permissions."So I tried to clean up disk space as admin and received another error."Do you want to allow this program to make changes."It gave the option for 'no' but no options to...
  8. I Lost Administrator Access.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I Lost Administrator Access.: Sorry, but I am furious. I cannot do anything to fix this PC after the latest 10 update and I lost administrator access...I MY PC. I read all these ways to change my account back to administrator access and gee, you need administrator access. Way to go MS. I tried to...
  9. lost administrative access

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    lost administrative access: i have a hp stream 11 and lost administrative access. Could I do a fresh install even though i do not have a key because the unit came with 10 installed/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-administrative-access/cc6a728b-1185-497e-ab15-552139f2bd00"
  10. Cannot run as Administrator on Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot run as Administrator on Windows 10: Having scoured all articles on reinstating myself an an administrator on my laptop (I WAS the administrator before I made myself a Standard User), I have reached a dead-end. Would Enabling the Built-in "Administrator' allow me to create a new account in my name as a new...