Windows 10: Windows 10 Administrators & Computer Management

Discus and support Windows 10 Administrators & Computer Management in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good evening to all! I recently got an old pc from a friend who assured me it was formated with Windows 10 and made me only Administrator. However I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SaydWater, Mar 13, 2019.

1. SaydWater Win User

Windows 10 Administrators & Computer Management

Good evening to all!
    I recently got an old pc from a friend who assured me it was formated with Windows 10 and made me only Administrator.
    However I came across the users list and shared folders and was a bit surprised by the amount of users and particular worried about the fact that there are 2 Administrators plus the fact that under shared folders there are a couple of "remote" Adm & IPC.
    I'd like to know if these are normal by default specifications and built-in properties or if I am not in total control.
    https://i.ibb.co/xGJtXRN/Computer-Management.png

:)

SaydWater, Mar 13, 2019
  2. Steevo Win User

Windows doesn't see my DVD ROM

Is it listed in Computer Management, under Administrative tools? Look at disk management too see if it is listed.

Steevo, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Windows not recognizing ssd

Windows won't see the drive until it has been partitioned and formatted. Go into "Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management" and see if it's listed in the middle pane.

Static~Charge, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Administrators & Computer Management - Similar Threads - Administrators Computer Management

2. Settings managed by administrator I am administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Settings managed by administrator I am administrator: I have a problem where most of my settings can not be changed due to an old connection to AAD which I believe I have already removed. I do not want to reinstall my system, how can I fix the issue?...
  3. Windows Defender is being Managed by Administrator

Windows Defender is being Managed by Administrator: hi my name is Santosh Paudel. I am currently using the windows 10 home version. recently I am unable to see the virus and threat protection option on windows security plus when I try to scan hard disk using defender. a box pops up which reads " Your IT administrator has...
  4. Windows Defender SmartScreen managed by Administrator

Windows Defender SmartScreen managed by Administrator: Today morning, I started browsing through the Windows Security app. I found that Check apps and files [App and Browser control > Reputation-based protection settings > Check apps and files] is grayed out and a message appears "This setting is managed by your administrator."...
  5. Change administrator and log in of Windows 10 computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change administrator and log in of Windows 10 computer: I realise that similar questions have been asked before but I have been a little uncertain of following advice in other threads. We have a single Windows10 computer that belongs to our not-for-profit organisation. It is used principally by the treasurer and contains some...
  6. Settings managed by administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings managed by administrator: Hello! I got a new work laptop last week with Windows 10 I work for a university. It has been frustrating how limited it is because so many of the settings are managed by my administrator and so many features are disabled. I do not want to contact my IT because there stock...
  7. Windows 10 Anti-Virus "Managed by Administrator" Fix

Windows 10 Anti-Virus "Managed by Administrator" Fix: Not sure if this was from a virus or what but I had malware bytes and spybot installed. I ran malware bytes and cleared out some infections and uninstalled wanting to move to defender strickley. I go into the Defender page and the Security page loads blank, when I go into the...
  8. Windows 10 Administrators & Computer Management

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Administrators & Computer Management: Good evening to all! I recently got an old pc from a friend who assured me it was formated with Windows 10 and made me only Administrator. However I came across the users list and shared folders and was a bit surprised by the amount of users and particular worried about the...
  9. Windows Defender Managed by Administrator

Windows Defender Managed by Administrator: How to fix, this is managed by adminstrator [Original Title: Windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-managed-by-administrator/a79631be-d2b0-42c9-b3e0-9c2157c48c62
  10. Computer Management access disabled except in Administrative Tools

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Management access disabled except in Administrative Tools: Within the last couple days the path to get to Computer Management has been limited to only the Windows Administrative Tools menu. I am using Classic Shell, and when the problem first showed up I thought perhaps the path which I normally use via This PC, then a right-click on...