Windows 10: Windows 10 Administrators & Computer Management

Discus and support Windows 10 Administrators & Computer Management in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Good evening to all! I recently got an old pc from a friend who assured me it was formated with Windows 10 and made me only Administrator. However I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SaydWater, Mar 14, 2019.

1. SaydWater Win User

Windows 10 Administrators & Computer Management

Good evening to all!
    I recently got an old pc from a friend who assured me it was formated with Windows 10 and made me only Administrator.
    However I came across the users list and shared folders and was a bit surprised by the amount of users and particular worried about the fact that there are 2 Administrators plus the fact that under shared folders there are a couple of "remote" Adm & IPC.
    I'd like to know if these are normal by default specifications and built-in properties or if I am not in total control.
    https://i.ibb.co/xGJtXRN/Computer-Management.png

:)

SaydWater, Mar 14, 2019
  2. Steevo Win User

Windows doesn't see my DVD ROM

Is it listed in Computer Management, under Administrative tools? Look at disk management too see if it is listed.

Steevo, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Windows not recognizing ssd

Windows won't see the drive until it has been partitioned and formatted. Go into "Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management" and see if it's listed in the middle pane.

Static~Charge, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Administrators & Computer Management - Similar Threads - Administrators Computer Management

2. Windows 10 Anti-Virus "Managed by Administrator" Fix

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Anti-Virus "Managed by Administrator" Fix: Not sure if this was from a virus or what but I had malware bytes and spybot installed. I ran malware bytes and cleared out some infections and uninstalled wanting to move to defender strickley. I go into the Defender page and the Security page loads blank, when I go into the...
  3. Manage This PC Not Opening as Administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Manage This PC Not Opening as Administrator: There is an option to right click This PC and select Manage which should open Computer Management as an Administrator. When I select the Mange option in a user account on my laptop I don't get the prompt to enter the admin password and Computer Management opens in user mode...
  4. Defender - "This setting is managed by your administrator"

Defender - "This setting is managed by your administrator": I got fed up with AVG finally and fully uninstalled it with their removal tools. Now I'm trying out Windows Defender to see how I manage. But under "Virus & threat protection settings", I can't enable Real-Time protection.It's greyed out and says, "This setting is managed by...
  5. Windows 10 Administrators & Computer Management

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Administrators & Computer Management: Good evening to all! I recently got an old pc from a friend who assured me it was formated with Windows 10 and made me only Administrator. However I came across the users list and shared folders and was a bit surprised by the amount of users and particular worried about the...
  6. my computer with windows 10 is not recognizing me as the administrator

my computer with windows 10 is not recognizing me as the administrator: my computer with windows 10 is not recognizing me as the administrator. I have an HP rp5700 with windows 10 and everything was working fine until I tried to add a new tax program last week and I get a prompt with the message that I needed to enter an admin user name and...
  7. "This setting is managed by your administration" Windows Defender

"This setting is managed by your administration" Windows Defender: Hi, so I have this problem that ALT + Enter doesn't work in any games for me so I thought I'll look around Windows settings, maybe something is messed up and I get this "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation" and I remembered about Windows Defender, because...
  8. Windows Defender Managed by Administrator

Windows Defender Managed by Administrator: How to fix, this is managed by adminstrator [Original Title: Windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-managed-by-administrator/a79631be-d2b0-42c9-b3e0-9c2157c48c62
  9. Device Manager is not in the Computer Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager is not in the Computer Management: It's strange that Device Manager is not in the Computer Management on my Win10. It was there yesterday, but I don't know why it disappeared. Any method of adding it back? Thanks! 57408
  10. Computer Management access disabled except in Administrative Tools

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Management access disabled except in Administrative Tools: Within the last couple days the path to get to Computer Management has been limited to only the Windows Administrative Tools menu. I am using Classic Shell, and when the problem first showed up I thought perhaps the path which I normally use via This PC, then a right-click on...