Windows 10: Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod

Discus and support Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod - Neowin If you are still using Windows 7, there is a good chance that you are using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Slartybart, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod

Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod - Neowin
    Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod [​IMG]

:)

Slartybart, Oct 8, 2014
  2. MaxY. Win User

Can we expect to see Aero Glass in windows 10 soon?

Question: Will Aero Glass be back in windows 10 soon?

Feedback: The theme in windows 10 is boring, not attractive, black and cannot be customized, no transparency sliders, not enough colors to choose from, can't even make my process bar white.

Constructive critique: Bad choice to remove the Aero Glass theme, bad choice to remove customization of colors and transparency. Bad choice to push an intruding privacy EULA.

MaxY., Oct 8, 2014
  3. RyanByer Win User
    Making Backup Install after Upgrade

Thanks Love Windows 10 Just Want Aero glass theme back.

RyanByer, Oct 8, 2014
  4. Boozad Win User

Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod

As much as I would welcome Aero Glass to W10 I'd prefer it to be native rather than a third party add-on. I'm holding out hope that MS add it in before the final release, there's certainly plenty of feedback requesting it.

Boozad, Oct 8, 2014
  5. *Ditto
    No third party !

ThrashZone, Oct 8, 2014
  6. I agree - run Windows with native components.

Will MS bring Aero back - this shows that they can if they want, a simple MOD to DWM.

I think Aero will be included in Win10 RTM or early 'patches'

Slartybart, Oct 8, 2014
  7. Boozad Win User
    Add the ability to reduce transparency and I'll be a happy bunny.

Boozad, Oct 8, 2014
  8. Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod

My $.02 if it doesn't support frost, blur and other effects they should just not bother. The Glass on W8 (Big Muscle Mod) is nearly a one pixel wide wire frame with the "glass" parts just see through. I'm surprised clicking the caption bar activates the window. *Sad

No swipe at Big Muscle. But it can only mod what's there to work with.

MilesAhead, Oct 8, 2014
  9. BillyBob Win User
    I think Aero would slow down the system on lesser machines, if that's the case I don't want it.

BillyBob, Oct 8, 2014
  10. I believe the point was to give us a built in choice BillyBob,
    Turn it off by default but give us the conventional menus to have it on Eye Candy if I/ we want *Wink

ThrashZone, Oct 9, 2014
  11. BillyBob Win User
    Yeah I don't know, I ran Vista not long ago and while it looks nice, it also looks dated, I like the modern clean feel of Windows 8 and 10. If there's a way to put in without adding too much rubbish and the ability to turn it on and off, fair enough, but me personally I'd rather go without.

BillyBob, Oct 9, 2014
  12. Fashions just cycle around. I remember there was a period of time on OS/2 when everything was 3D looking. Dialog boxes with big edges and rivets even. People were tired of flat. Now flat is popular again for the same reason it was before. Takes less resources.

The other thing is only pogrammers know the hoops they had to jump through just to draw text on glass. MS just throws all that effort away in cavalier fashion. They put it there i the first place. But it's a dead horse now I guess. *Smile

MilesAhead, Oct 9, 2014
  13. Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod

Hi

At least during the testing process I'm trying to not run any 3rd party apps except for Rocketdock (I've used it for years and couldn't live without it) so that I give Windows 10 a fair trial.

I never really did that with Widows 8, I just hated the interface so much that I never really used it.

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Oct 9, 2014
  14. That's exactly the sediment with win-8's unpopularity with 7'ers and will also be the trend in win-10 if these should be basic features are not locally available,

Start8 made 8.1 bearable but nothing to take home to show mamma and or use all the time *Wink
    As far as I've seen so far Start8 is better than win-10's start button and that's just sad.

ThrashZone, Oct 9, 2014
  15. Stephanie Win User
    I would prefer Aero Glass to be incorporated in to windows 10 and not be a 3rd party app.

Stephanie, Oct 9, 2014
Thema:

Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod

1. Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod - Similar Threads - 'Aero Glass' theme

2. Time for Microsoft to bring back Aero Glass theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time for Microsoft to bring back Aero Glass theme: It’s clear to me that windows 11 theme is awful. Please can you bring back Aero Glass theme. It’s been reported that they got rid of Aero due to mobile but as Microsoft are no longer in that realm and they have shown they are incompetent when it comes to the latest U.I., why...
  3. Time for Microsoft to bring back Aero Glass theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time for Microsoft to bring back Aero Glass theme: It’s clear to me that windows 11 theme is awful. Please can you bring back Aero Glass theme. It’s been reported that they got rid of Aero due to mobile but as Microsoft are no longer in that realm and they have shown they are incompetent when it comes to the latest U.I., why...
  4. Bring back Aero Glass!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bring back Aero Glass!: Microsoft needs to stop restricting people from fully customizing Windows. A first step toward this is to bring back Aero Glass. Some people don't like the new flat UI and want the look of Windows 7 with the security of Windows 10. Yes, there are programs to bring back this...
  5. Any Way to Get an Aero Glass theme on the Latest Windows 10?

Any Way to Get an Aero Glass theme on the Latest Windows 10?: I know that Winaero has a glass lite option but it doesn't really work well nor do I like it. I have Classic Shell, OldNewExplorer and I have the dark theme so whenever I enable it, it doesn't even work and resets everything to light theme. Aero Glass is for Windows 8 only...
  6. Aero Glass Theme

Aero Glass Theme: Will Microsoft ever add the aero glass theme back? I'm using windows 10 and I'm totally missing it. Even if Microsoft prefers the new metro theme, it should still add the glass appearance as an option in the personalization window. Not saying that windows 10 is bad. It is an...
  7. aero glass

aero glass: will you ad aero glass to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aero-glass/d4be400a-6765-4b90-b8a1-a59d6f45a7d5
  8. Anyone using Aero Glass for 10?

Anyone using Aero Glass for 10?: Aero Glass for Windows 8.x+ Looks like it's just a test build but curious if anyone here is using it - Is it stable or rather buggy? Also, how does it look? 15358
  9. Very little Aero Glass?

in Windows 10 Support
    Very little Aero Glass?: While it seems that while Aero Glass is back as promised, it hardly appears anywhere compared to Vista/7. None of the "Modern UI" style apps in Windows 10 have any hint of it, which I kind of expected, but it's also been taken out of title bars and window borders for...
  10. Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod: If you are still using Windows 7, there is a good chance that you are using 'Aero Glass'. The theme has been widely popular among enthusiasts over the years, and if you are running Windows 10, you will soon have the option to turn this theme back on. The folks over at...