Windows 10: Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod

Discus and support Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; No third party... Very nice ! *Smile Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Slartybart, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Vladimir Win User

Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod

No third party... Very nice !

*Smile

Vladimir, Oct 9, 2014
  2. LMiller7 Win User

You really shouldn't be using third party utilities for Aero on a computer that is used for important purposes. The OS doesn't expose the kind of control necessary to do this properly so developers must resort to the tricks that Microsoft has long warned developers not to do. The author tries to do this safely but does warn of the dangers.

LMiller7, Oct 9, 2014
  3. BillyBob Win User
    I don't think they threw anything away in a cavalier fashion, it's like you say, it takes less resources. I think Microsoft has a vision, but a lot of long time users aren't going to let them attain that vision. It's been happening for years, it's just worse this time.
    Being able to run one OS across all things seems like a worthy goal to me, and I'd like to help them attain that goal by giving feedback. Unfortunately a lot of people just want eye candy machines, which is okay, but not on a $100 tablet.
    Although I suppose I'm not really the target audience, it's the Windows 7 and XP crowd they're after, I'm already in.
    I even like Metro, go figure.

BillyBob, Oct 9, 2014
  4. Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod

If eye candy is of no interest then I can understand your perspective. If you want awesome performance on low resources get a small linux distro, recompile the kernel for your CPU, and run it in console mode. *Smile

But on the vision thing I suspect it has more to do with which faction is ascendant at the moment. They get to push their ideas that were held back because the other team was in power. Notice there have been changes at the top. That's likely the reason the ship has been zig zagging across the cyber sea lately. *Smile

But to be fair I was spending so much time getting the VM going I haven't messed with it much. There are some thing I like about W8 even though I point out those things I disagree with. I'm sure I'll find stuff to like on W10 also. *Smile

MilesAhead, Oct 10, 2014
  5. BillyBob Win User
    You mean like Puppy Linux or something similar, tried heaps, they're just not Windows, but I still use Ubuntu and Mint etc occasionally.
    No, I just want to see one OS run on everything, and having Aero and waterfalls and fancy transitions and stuff isn't going to work at this point in time. If we end up back at XP or Windows 7 what's the use of all this. Cadillacs were nice in their day, now they're just an outdated monster, a bit like Aero.

Actually, I would have thought the corporate world would eat up the flat look, they probably wouldn't want all the waste of resources and employees looking at their pretty screens.

BillyBob, Oct 10, 2014
  6. Dude Win User
    Feedback..Feedback..Feedback, if enough people ask I am sure they will consider and test adding it back. They did bring back the start menu *What. I don't like the start menu anymore *Dohbut everyone wants it back, so it's back. I would much rather have Aero than a start menu.

This is my post, and I approve it

7. To my way of thinking the Start Menu was poorly designed from the get go. It may not make much difference for hotkey people, but for mouse oriented users, a majority of whom are right-handed, it's silly to have to mouse all the way over to the left just to click the Start Button. (Or all the way up to the top if you put the Taskbar on the rhs.)

I think they did it that way to make it easier to code. English Language goes from left to right therefore start on the left and leave the free space on the right as words and cascading menus get longer. But there are free 3rd party Start Button substitutes that allow you to position them in the lower right corner. More ergonomic. I suspect so much of this stuff is hard wired that nobody left in MS Development can figure out how it works. Like Explorer, the quirks will be there until Windows dies.

MilesAhead, Oct 10, 2014
  8. Mooly Win User

Aero may have been criticised in the early days of Vista when some hardware was reputed to be somewhat lacking... but just how valid an argument was that really. W10 is little different speed wise on my 8yr old test laptop than Vista with Aero enabled. Both fly along pretty well.

Hardware these days must surely be miles ahead of what might have been considered marginal back then. How hard would it be to program Aero to become active after say 2 or three minutes from booting if it was deemed to slow things down. Make it a user option. Aero on/off. Delay after boot... have a selectable drop down... suspend on battery, again a user option.

For those of you that didn't use Vista, you missed out on a visual treat. Seven was not as good in that regard imo. Eight and Ten are too stark visually.

Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod [​IMG]

Mooly, Oct 10, 2014
  9. alijcam Win User
    While looking for logs generally, I see there is a folder called AERO in windows\diagnostics\system...
    Searching for AERO actually pulls up a huge amount of hits, themes, resources, frameworks etc etc.
    Ultimately these are probably a hangover from Vista/W7 so they may not be indicative of any specific glassy intentions, and indeed selecting the 'Aero' theme merely displays a variant of the WTP themes library.

I guess, for those of us who ARE prepared to spend some of our CPU cycles on a more graphically rich display, will have to wait tantalisingly closer to RTM...

alijcam, Feb 6, 2015
  10. Ex_Brit Win User
    Couldn't agree more. Vista, to me, was the best OS they ever made. My Ultimate had everything, and I mean, everything.
    Alas it's now history since I "upgraded" it to 7 Ultimate.

Ex_Brit, Apr 10, 2015
  11. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Apr 10, 2015
  12. The da links in the thread get not found errors

MilesAhead, Apr 10, 2015
  13. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, Apr 11, 2015
  14. Cliff S New Member
    I tried to recompress it and post it here. See if it worked.

Cliff S, Apr 11, 2015
  15. Thank you. *Smile

MilesAhead, Apr 11, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod - Similar Threads - 'Aero Glass' theme

2. Time for Microsoft to bring back Aero Glass theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time for Microsoft to bring back Aero Glass theme: It’s clear to me that windows 11 theme is awful. Please can you bring back Aero Glass theme. It’s been reported that they got rid of Aero due to mobile but as Microsoft are no longer in that realm and they have shown they are incompetent when it comes to the latest U.I., why...
  3. Time for Microsoft to bring back Aero Glass theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time for Microsoft to bring back Aero Glass theme: It’s clear to me that windows 11 theme is awful. Please can you bring back Aero Glass theme. It’s been reported that they got rid of Aero due to mobile but as Microsoft are no longer in that realm and they have shown they are incompetent when it comes to the latest U.I., why...
  4. Bring back Aero Glass!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bring back Aero Glass!: Microsoft needs to stop restricting people from fully customizing Windows. A first step toward this is to bring back Aero Glass. Some people don't like the new flat UI and want the look of Windows 7 with the security of Windows 10. Yes, there are programs to bring back this...
  5. Any Way to Get an Aero Glass theme on the Latest Windows 10?

Any Way to Get an Aero Glass theme on the Latest Windows 10?: I know that Winaero has a glass lite option but it doesn't really work well nor do I like it. I have Classic Shell, OldNewExplorer and I have the dark theme so whenever I enable it, it doesn't even work and resets everything to light theme. Aero Glass is for Windows 8 only...
  6. Aero Glass Theme

Aero Glass Theme: Will Microsoft ever add the aero glass theme back? I'm using windows 10 and I'm totally missing it. Even if Microsoft prefers the new metro theme, it should still add the glass appearance as an option in the personalization window. Not saying that windows 10 is bad. It is an...
  7. aero glass

aero glass: will you ad aero glass to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aero-glass/d4be400a-6765-4b90-b8a1-a59d6f45a7d5
  8. Anyone using Aero Glass for 10?

Anyone using Aero Glass for 10?: Aero Glass for Windows 8.x+ Looks like it's just a test build but curious if anyone here is using it - Is it stable or rather buggy? Also, how does it look? 15358
  9. Very little Aero Glass?

in Windows 10 Support
    Very little Aero Glass?: While it seems that while Aero Glass is back as promised, it hardly appears anywhere compared to Vista/7. None of the "Modern UI" style apps in Windows 10 have any hint of it, which I kind of expected, but it's also been taken out of title bars and window borders for...
  10. Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod: If you are still using Windows 7, there is a good chance that you are using 'Aero Glass'. The theme has been widely popular among enthusiasts over the years, and if you are running Windows 10, you will soon have the option to turn this theme back on. The folks over at...