Windows 10: Windows 10/ After Fixing Drive C It is Stuck in a Black Screen

Discus and support Windows 10/ After Fixing Drive C It is Stuck in a Black Screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The problem started with opening the laptop. First it showed a screen saying Fixing drive c then it completed the procedure. After that it was saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ipeeeek, May 6, 2020.

1. ipeeeek Win User

Windows 10/ After Fixing Drive C It is Stuck in a Black Screen

The problem started with opening the laptop. First it showed a screen saying Fixing drive c then it completed the procedure. After that it was saying please wait with a blue background. Then it got stuck in a black screen with only the cursor showing up with a little blue loading circle next to it. I can move the cursor. And it also flickers like every 3 seconds. I waited for more than an hour maybe two. Nothing changed, I'm still seeing a black screen with the cursor.

I read some articles about this problem but they are usually about being stuck in the fixing procedure which I didn't had the problem in that part.

I also checked this arcticle about troubleshooting black screen or blank screen errors:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-black-screen-or-blank-screen-errors
    I tried the steps under the "After restarting my device, I see spinning dots on a screen that's black or another color" title. Nothing changed.

I also tried to open the windows in safe mode but I couldn't start it. I tried the method from this arcticle from Windows:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

I'm gonna try it again maybe I didn't do it properly.

I would be so happy if you want to share your ideas/opinions about how to fix this problem. Thanks everyone in advance.

:)

ipeeeek, May 6, 2020
  2. Hendry Win User

Windows 10 stuck at black screen

hi, i tried upgrading my windows 7, but failed 5 times.
    step 1 on copying files are 100%
    step 2 installing features n updates are 100%
    step 3 FAILED, it stuck on black screen and freeze, nothing i can do besides force restart and its restored to my windows 7 back.

any idea how to solve this? it's always stuck at 75% step 2 and when go to step 3 is freeze ( 5 times in row, i'm thinking give up or buy new laptop with windows 10*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin)

p.s i'm currently downloading ISO file to blank DVD hopefully it's worksWindows 10/ After Fixing Drive C It is Stuck in a Black Screen :)

Hendry, May 6, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, May 6, 2020
  4. Windows 10/ After Fixing Drive C It is Stuck in a Black Screen

Black screen issue on Windows 10.

Hi Preet,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    • Does the black screen goes automatically after a period of time?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to refer to the article provided below and c heck if that helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10/ After Fixing Drive C It is Stuck in a Black Screen

1. Windows 10/ After Fixing Drive C It is Stuck in a Black Screen - Similar Threads - Fixing Drive Stuck

2. Black Screen After Fixing Drive C:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen After Fixing Drive C:: it just started up to a black screen now and it wont do much i’ve tried looking for solutions but cant find any does anyone know what to do? btw the fixing drive started when i first started my pc this morning...
  3. Black Screen After Fixing Drive C:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen After Fixing Drive C:: it just started up to a black screen now and it wont do much i’ve tried looking for solutions but cant find any does anyone know what to do? btw the fixing drive started when i first started my pc this morning...
  4. Black Screen After Fixing Drive C:

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen after c drive cleanup

Black screen after c drive cleanup: Hcl all in one pc issue...black screenHello, please help me i recently got an hcl all in one pc from my friend for watching movies and stuff. The pc was running on windows 7 and i updated it to windows 10...afterwards i tried cleaning the c drive to get more space which i...
  6. Black screen after c drive cleanup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after c drive cleanup: Hcl all in one pc issue...black screenHello, please help me i recently got an hcl all in one pc from my friend for watching movies and stuff. The pc was running on windows 7 and i updated it to windows 10...afterwards i tried cleaning the c drive to get more space which i...
  7. Black Screen After Fixing Drive C:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen After Fixing Drive C:: Please help.Laptop Asus, Windows 10Yesterday when i turned on my laptop it went to Fixing Drive C:... I thought its an error so i restarted it and press any key to skip it but it stuck on black screen for so long, so i decided to finish the Fixing Drive thing. So i wait for...
  8. Black Screen After Fixing Drive C:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen After Fixing Drive C:: Please help.Laptop Asus, Windows 10Yesterday when i turned on my laptop it went to Fixing Drive C:... I thought its an error so i restarted it and press any key to skip it but it stuck on black screen for so long, so i decided to finish the Fixing Drive thing. So i wait for...
  9. Black Screen After Fixing Drive C:

10. Fixing C Drive Stuck

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fixing C Drive Stuck: I have problem when starting my laptop. When bootup, it start repairing like pic below [IMG] After waiting about 20 minutes, my laptop restarted and then shown this [IMG] But, after 85% at stage 2, it went to sleep mode, turn it on, nothing happen blank screen. Wait...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fixing drive stage 3failed

2. fixing drive stage 2 100% and then blank