Windows 10: Windows 10 after free offer ends

Discus and support Windows 10 after free offer ends in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The digital entitlement for the FREE Windows 10 upgrade is for that device (motherboard) only. If you read the free upgrade terms on the webpages where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by reddwarf4ever, Jun 15, 2016.

1. roblinb Win User

Windows 10 after free offer ends

Lo and behold, this morning I found an extra (unused) Windows 7 Pro disk that I had laying around from goodness knows when! I'll install that bad boy and activate prior to upgrading to 10. I was getting ready to go buy one, since I'm getting the motherboard this coming week, but now I don't have to.

roblinb, Jun 19, 2016

2. Have upgraded my friends Dell GX 520 to Windows 7 pro ok, but Windows 10 upgrade says the CPU is not compatable...

I guess it will need upgrading, preferably don't want to change fan PSU etc, ....dells website suggests The fastest processor that we have tested with OptiPlex GX520 is Smithfield 820

does this sound right ? should this then be ok for a Windows 10 upgrade ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Jun 19, 2016
  3. NavyLCDR New Member
    According to this thread, looks like you need to go with the 32-bit version:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...c737eb8?page=3

NavyLCDR, Jun 19, 2016
  4. Windows 10 after free offer ends

Could be the issue, clean installed Windows 7 pro 64 bit and Windows 10 complained about the CPU going to try and install 32 bit version and see what happens

reddwarf4ever, Jun 19, 2016
  5. Trying to install Windows 10 on optiplex gx520.....I tried 64 Windows 7 but Windows 10 said CPU not suitable, but then installed 32 bit version and everything passed and Windows 10 installed ok.......

reddwarf4ever, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 after free offer ends

1. Windows 10 after free offer ends - Similar Threads - free offer ends

2. Asking for free offer of Windows 10 Pro after reverting to Windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asking for free offer of Windows 10 Pro after reverting to Windows 8.1: I had upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 Pro for free before 29 July 2016, but after that, I reverted to Windows 8.1. Now May I get a free offer of Windows 10 Pro again?...
  3. Asking for free offer of Windows 10 Pro after reverting to Windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asking for free offer of Windows 10 Pro after reverting to Windows 8.1: I had upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 Pro for free before 29 July 2016, but after that, I reverted to Windows 8.1. Now May I get a free offer of Windows 10 Pro again?...
  4. Will the free upgrade to windows 10 will be offered again before windows 7 support ends?...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will the free upgrade to windows 10 will be offered again before windows 7 support ends?...: I am running windows 7 i previously installed windows 10 but had to roll back as a driver was not detected it seems that in some cases windows 10 will run on my system so i am tempted to try again do you know if a free upgrade to windows 10 will be offered again before...
  5. Free Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade offer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade offer: I have Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit created on USB through the Media Creation Tool will Windows 7 users still be able to use there Windows 10 Pro 64 as activated if something goes wrong after July 29,2016 28187
  6. Reupgrading after the free period ends.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reupgrading after the free period ends.: I have just been asked an interesting question, and I could not answer for sure. Suppose you are running 8.1, then upgrade, and rollback in the free period. We all know that establishes a digital licence. We also know we can clean install at any time in the future....
  7. New end of free Windows 10 upgrade offer notification

in Windows 10 News
    New end of free Windows 10 upgrade offer notification: If you have Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 (SP1), the following full-screen notification might appear on your computer: Sorry to interrupt, but this is important. Windows 10 free upgrade offer ends July 29. [img] This notification is a reminder...
  8. Here’s what happens after the July 29th free Windows 10 offer ends

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s what happens after the July 29th free Windows 10 offer ends: Here’s what happens after the July 29th free Windows 10 offer ends When Windows 10 was released to consumers in July of 2015, it was free for all Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users — for one year. This was a new tactic for Microsoft. Instead of having consumers pay for...
  9. Clarified:the free upgrade offer to Win 10 is ending July 29th, really

in Windows 10 News
    Clarified:the free upgrade offer to Win 10 is ending July 29th, really: Clarified: the free upgrade offer to Windows 10 is ending July 29th, really Microsoft has responded to speculation that Microsoft left itself some wiggle room Yesterday, we reported on speculation that Microsoft may have been hedging on its decision to end the free...
  10. Windows 10 Now on 300 Million Devices – Free Upgrade Offer to End Soon

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Now on 300 Million Devices – Free Upgrade Offer to End Soon: As we near the one year anniversary of the availability of Windows 10, we’re excited to share that Windows 10 is now running on 300 million active devices around the world. We’re pleased to see Windows 10 become one of the largest online services in less than a year. Core...