Windows 10: Windows 10 - After recent update, Xbox One controller no longer connects.

Discus and support Windows 10 - After recent update, Xbox One controller no longer connects. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. As the title says I have a wireless Xbox One controller that no longer connects with my PC. I believe this was after a recent update a few weeks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ScarabDrac, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - After recent update, Xbox One controller no longer connects.

Hi. As the title says I have a wireless Xbox One controller that no longer connects with my PC. I believe this was after a recent update a few weeks ago. There are 4 Windows 10 machines in my house, and I CAN get the controller to connect to all of them EXCEPT my gaming PC.

I have tried every reported fix I can find on Google including:

- Pairing with the sync buttons

- Connecting via usb cable and updating the firmware through Xbox Accessories app

- Disconnecting the cable while still plugged in.

- Deleting and reinstalling every Xbox related driver I can find in device manager.

Please help. The fact that this is the only computer with the issue, and the only computer that I need the controller for, is maddening.

:)

ScarabDrac, Sep 28, 2020

2. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - After recent update, Xbox One controller no longer connects.

Wireless Xbox One controller requires PIN for Windows 10.

Hi,

You will be asked for a PIN when connecting your wireless Xbox One controller via Bluetooth on Windows 10 if your Bluetooth drivers are not updated. It is also possible that you have to reset the controller to remove the PIN. To resolve your concern, restart
    your controller by following the steps below:

• Power off the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button on the controller for 6 seconds.
    • Press the Xbox button again to power it back on.
    • Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller to your PC using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

You can also update your Bluetooth drivers by following the steps on this
    link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - After recent update, Xbox One controller no longer connects.

1. Windows 10 - After recent update, Xbox One controller no longer connects. - Similar Threads - recent update Xbox

2. Xbox controller no longer connects

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox controller no longer connects: My Xbox One X/S controller will no longer connect to my pc, when I start the pairing process it just flicks between paired and connected, I cannot remove device so I need help to sort it out...
  3. Xbox controller no longer connects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller no longer connects: My Xbox One X/S controller will no longer connect to my pc, when I start the pairing process it just flicks between paired and connected, I cannot remove device so I need help to sort it out...
  4. Xbox controller no longer connects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Xbox wireless controller no longer connecting to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox wireless controller no longer connecting to windows 10: Hi,I happened to update my drivers recently and bluetooth driver was also updated throu windows update. Ever since the update, my current xbox wireless controller + my spare one no longer connect at all throu bluetooth but work throu cable.When i try to pair them, the xbox...
  6. Xbox wireless controller no longer connecting to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox wireless controller no longer connecting to windows 10: Hi,I happened to update my drivers recently and bluetooth driver was also updated throu windows update. Ever since the update, my current xbox wireless controller + my spare one no longer connect at all throu bluetooth but work throu cable.When i try to pair them, the xbox...
  7. Xbox wireless controller no longer connecting to windows 10

8. My Xbox 360 Controller can no longer connect after the 2004 update for Windows 10.

My Xbox 360 Controller can no longer connect after the 2004 update for Windows 10.: My controller was working just fine until I installed the latest update, but now it can't connect. The latest driver on my PC for Xbox 360 Peripheral is 10.0.19041.1 [12/6/2019]. Is there a new driver that just isn't getting downloaded, or is this update just telling us to...
  9. Xbox One Controller Not Connecting

Xbox One Controller Not Connecting: Hi all, My Xbox One controller will not properly connect to my PC, and I intend to use it for gaming. This controller is completely functional with my Xbox, and has no other issues. 6-8 months ago, the controller connected and functioned without issue. I disconnected it...
  10. Xbox One Controller Paired to Windows 10 no longer connects after plugging it in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Controller Paired to Windows 10 no longer connects after plugging it in.: I have an Xbox One Wireless controller that I've paired via bluetooth to Windows 10. It's annoying to have to stop a game because the battery dies, so I plug it in via USB and then charge it on my charging stand overnight. When I notice the battery is getting low, I'll plug...