Windows 10: Windows 10, after security update "missing operating system" alert.

Discus and support Windows 10, after security update "missing operating system" alert. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer told me that Windows 10 needs some security updates. After updating the computer needed to restart, upon the restart all I get is a black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OP Sihota, Nov 5, 2018.

1. OP Sihota Win User

Windows 10, after security update "missing operating system" alert.

My computer told me that Windows 10 needs some security updates. After updating the computer needed to restart, upon the restart all I get is a black screen that says "missing operating system" in the top left corner. Is there any fix for this or am I stuck just formatting my HD and starting over?

:)

OP Sihota, Nov 5, 2018
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Bing54088 Win User
    After updates Windows 10 says "Missing operating system"

I have the same issue, and I followed your suggestion steps. After that, I can see C: drive, and Windows folder is there.

Then I rebooted the computer. But I still have the missing the operation system issue. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Bing54088, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Windows 10, after security update "missing operating system" alert.

Security alert missing (or what IE setting controls whether the security alert pops up or not?)

Hi Adrianne,

Thank you for your post. I tried your suggestion, but it did not make the alert appear where it was missing.

CanemSpiritus13 in the post below suggests that the alert disappeared in a recent version on Windows 10.

My observations support this supposition as the alert shows up on my relatively old system and is missing on newer ones.

Could you maybe help in validating this possibility?

Best regards,

Csaba

csabakoncz, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10, after security update "missing operating system" alert.

1. Windows 10, after security update "missing operating system" alert. - Similar Threads - security update missing

2. Missing operating system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing operating system: When I turn on my HP G60 notebook I am faced with a message saying "Missing Operating System", I know why it is happening, I accidentally deleted system reserved partition, I dont have installation media, I use windows 10...
  3. Missing operating system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing operating system: When I turn on my HP G60 notebook I am faced with a message saying "Missing Operating System", I know why it is happening, I accidentally deleted system reserved partition, I dont have installation media, I use windows 10...
  4. Missing operating system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing operating system: My PC froze so I restarted it then it says to diagnose and repair then repair failed so went to advanced options tried system restore failed tried reset pc failed then lastly restore from sydtem image failed then came the missing operating system.Please can anyone help I'm...
  5. Missing operating system after rebooting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing operating system after rebooting: Windows 10 was acting uggiah, so i hit reatart, during restart, it said something went wrong and we are collecting data, now i get missing opperating system. This was an esucational version i downloaded from my university so it has no repair dvd. What do i need to do? Bios...
  6. missing an operating system

missing an operating system: so ever since I bought my Lenovo Ideapad 320, i have been experiencing the same struggle. i would be using my laptop normally then it just turns into a black screen and when I restart it, it tells me that system needs repair so I try all the advanced options and nothing...
  7. "Missing Operating System"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Missing Operating System": After the last Windows update I received an error message "Missing Operating System". The issue occurred when the system started to reboot after update. I did everything that I could, including the system repair, recovery from the system image. I used safe mode but cannot...
  8. Operating system missing

Operating system missing: i downloaded an update to a program i use at work, turns out it was a virus or malware and changed several registry files and removed admin access. My laptop then started downloading programs and installing them, opening several webpages, and trying to run a virus scan that...
  9. missing operating system windows 10

missing operating system windows 10: I am losing my Windows 10 operating system several times on my Dell Inspirion 15. How can I stop that from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/missing-operating-system-windows-10/48b02801-e122-49ca-9ca8-cc4c10d9882c
  10. Missing operating system

Missing operating system: Hi, after the automatic update of my laptop toshiba, there was an error when i boot my computer. Then, in the left top corner there was this message error : Missing operating system. So, i check on other tread and some people said to load the command on an usb device with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. missing operating system after windows 10 update

2. operating system missing after update in Windows 10