Windows 10: Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7

Discus and support Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't like Windows 10. I upgraded from Windows 7 on most of my systems. It feels weird that I have to upgrade such a great operating system that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JaredLieberman, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7

I don't like Windows 10. I upgraded from Windows 7 on most of my systems. It feels weird that I have to upgrade such a great operating system that I used with not many problems and easy to use and is losing support. It doesn't feel right for a consumer that is happy on Windows 7 and is forced to upgrade to something that they don't like. I want Windows 10 to have a Windows 7 look and feel.

:)

JaredLieberman, Jul 11, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7

1. Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7 - Similar Threads - upgrading

2. Red x on all of my folders in file explorer since 1903 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Red x on all of my folders in file explorer since 1903 upgrade: So I upgraded to 1903 all appears to be working. But when I look at files explorer, everything has a red circle with a white x in the middle of it. My files seem to all be here and working. So what's the deal??...
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Professional

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Professional: Hi, I bought a Dell Laptop with Windows 10 Home as the OS. Later I bought an Upgrade from Microsoft online and it worked well. Last night, somehow, my OS crashed and I had to download the original OS (Home Edition) from Dell OS Recovery Tool. Before installing the OS...
  4. Windows 10 upgrade 1903 has destroyed my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade 1903 has destroyed my pc: I've had only heartach with this upgrade. I went to tge community forum t ask what can be done to correct this error since Microsoft has not done so in all the updates since the upgrade. I was told to start in safe mode. Well I did and now my pc has opened blank and I can't...
  5. windows 10 1903 upgrade nightmare

windows 10 1903 upgrade nightmare: hello, I completed about a week without successful 1903 windows 10 update. The pc keeps running and running. I have tried with direct update from windows configuration. Last I tried with an iso windows downloaded and burned on a dvd disc. Previous trials a black screen with...
  6. UPGRADE

UPGRADE: I am informed there is an upgrade, but can't find the upgrade, on the downloads of the computer I am using windows 10, an when I sign in, am told there is a Notifications of an UPGRADE, but its not downloaded so where is it, when I check downloads, it says there are no...
  7. is cumulative upgrade required?

is cumulative upgrade required?: I have installed Windows 10 1903 update. Should I now install cumulative update of windows 10 1903 update (size 222mb)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-cumulative-upgrade-required/4c75aaef-42f4-462f-8c43-15bf0cd5d615
  8. Bought computer. Upgraded to Windows 10 Professional. Now Windows isn't activated.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bought computer. Upgraded to Windows 10 Professional. Now Windows isn't activated.: I don't have an activation key number and don't know how to find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bought-computer-upgraded-to-windows-10/75258809-3a5d-4df0-963a-1c8ed737c0e6"
  9. LAN problem after upgrade to Win10 version 1903

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LAN problem after upgrade to Win10 version 1903: I have 3 computers in my LAN. Since the last upgrade a month ago, My laptop cannot see or find the desktop PC on the network. I have tried disabling firewalls and manually entering the TCP/IP network addresses on the desktop PC but nothing has worked. Has anyone else...
  10. Ram Upgrade thoughts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ram Upgrade thoughts: Since the time of the ibm 486 this question has been tossed around. 1001 and 1 answers. But does it matter today? Can you upgrade your Ram with mismatch Ram chips? 8 gig plus 4 gig, 2 gig plus 4gig, etc. Are speeds that important? Thanks for your thoughts 136962