Windows 10: Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7

Discus and support Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't like Windows 10. I upgraded from Windows 7 on most of my systems. It feels weird that I have to upgrade such a great operating system that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JaredLieberman, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7

I don't like Windows 10. I upgraded from Windows 7 on most of my systems. It feels weird that I have to upgrade such a great operating system that I used with not many problems and easy to use and is losing support. It doesn't feel right for a consumer that is happy on Windows 7 and is forced to upgrade to something that they don't like. I want Windows 10 to have a Windows 7 look and feel.

:)

JaredLieberman, Jul 11, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7

1. Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7 - Similar Threads - upgrading

2. Cyberlink PhotoDirector 10 and the Microsoft 1803 upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cyberlink PhotoDirector 10 and the Microsoft 1803 upgrade: I was pushed to the 1803 upgrade in June of 2019. I have Windows 10 Pro and had deferred to avoid problems. Once the upgrade was pushed my Cyberlink PhotoDirector 10 froze after importing. All buttons are frozen and/or grayed out. The exact same thing happened when the...
  3. can i upgrade 3d builder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i upgrade 3d builder: can I upgrade 3d builder. I am on windows 10. My 3d builder has slowed down. It makes me wait for hours some times when I subtract. Ever since the last few updates it doesn't work as well as it used to....
  4. Question about upgrading Windows 10 from one region to another.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about upgrading Windows 10 from one region to another.: I bought a new Lenovo ThinkPad online earlier this week with Windows 10 Pro. I live in the US and purchased it in the US, but for whatever reason, it is the en-GB version installed. My question is: Will I still have an activated version of Windows if I upgrade using a...
  5. After upgrade to 1903 problems encountered.

in Windows 10 Support
    After upgrade to 1903 problems encountered.: After installing the 1903 upgrade this morning: 1. I could not login onto this computer. User Profile failed to load. I normally login with a PIN. I executed a restart from the login screen and was able to login. During the process, which was slow, I was informed "Windows...
  6. After upgrade to 1903 problems encountered.

After upgrade to 1903 problems encountered.: After installing the 1903 upgrade this morning: 1. I could not login onto this computer. User Profile failed to load. I normally login with a PIN. I executed a restart from the login screen and was able to login. During the process, which was slow, I was informed "Windows...
  7. Upgrade to 10 for free

Upgrade to 10 for free: Hi all,I did a little site searching but can't seem to find help with my question.My daughter has a 4 year old Asus desktop running 8.1.I have checked the specs. and it is capable of running 10.Is there a free option to download and install Windows10 and if so-how to do so....
  8. Cannot re-activate Windows after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot re-activate Windows after hardware upgrade: Hi, so I've recently upgraded my motherboard, CPU, and RAM and my Windows requests to be activated. Immediately on opening the Settings>Activation page I'm greeted with error code 0x80072EE2. Solutions tried: I've read the FAQs and tried to use...
  9. Dual Booting while upgrading Windows and installing Ubuntu

Dual Booting while upgrading Windows and installing Ubuntu: I have Windows 10 Home/Pro ready to upgrade from Windows 8.1. I also want to dual boot into Ubuntu and will need to install that as well. I have also just installed an SSD and have 2TB hard drive space. With all that being said, what is the best procedure for dual booting...
  10. No text display in shutdown script output since Windows 10 1903 upgrade

No text display in shutdown script output since Windows 10 1903 upgrade: Dear All, I am using Windows 10 32bit Professional on my home PC. I have configured a shutdown batch script (.cmd) via group policies that checks whether a system backup is necessary and eventually executes it. Additionally I have configured group policies such that the...