Windows 10: Windows 10 Alarm sets but won't sound

Discus and support Windows 10 Alarm sets but won't sound in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I couldn't find the reason why the Windows 10 clock-alarm would set, but it wouldn't sound. I found various suggestions by folks here to the extent of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cabazos, Jun 21, 2019.

1. cabazos Win User

Windows 10 Alarm sets but won't sound

I couldn't find the reason why the Windows 10 clock-alarm would set, but it wouldn't sound. I found various suggestions by folks here to the extent of reconfiguring sound files. I found no practical solutions from the Windows company. I then discovered that all i have to do is "save" the alarm for it to sound. The save function is at the bottom right. Apparently, if you don't "save" the alarm, it won't sound. I hope this works for you.

:)

cabazos, Jun 21, 2019

2. Alarm doesn't make sound in Windows 10

Hi Nasseb,

Welcome to Microsoft community forums. Let me assist you with your concern.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Are you referring to Alarms app?

• Are you able to hear sounds from other apps like Music and video?
    First check AM and PM example see if you have set 6 PM (evening) instead of 6 AM (Morning). To fix this problem, use the following methods in the order in which they are listed. After each method, check if problem is fixed. If the problem is not fixed,
    try the next method.

Method 1: I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps suggested in this Microsoft article and check if it helps:

First, try running the Apps troubleshooter. This tool can automatically identify and fix some problems
    with apps and the Store.

If running the troubleshooter doesn't help, follow suggestion from this article to fix the app yourself.

If issue persist, proceed to next method.

Method 2:

Check with the volume settings. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the speaker icon in taskbar and select volume control options.

• Put a check mark on "All devices currently playing sound".

• Make sure you have "The default communication device unchecked".

• Place a check mark on both speakers and headphones. Click Apply and OK.
    Troubleshoot problems with an app (Applies to Windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

Refer this article for more information regarding Alarm app.

Alarms app for Windows: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/alarms-app-faq?ocid=w8_apps_alarms

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Alarm event not showing on Sounds

Hi Joe,

Let us know:

• Do let us know where exactly are you trying to set the alarm?
    • Are you referring to Alarm & Clock app on Windows 10?

I would like to inform that under Sounds you will not be able to change the sounds for alarm.

If you are using Alarm & Clock app, open the app, click on + sign at the right bottom of the app window to add an alarm, while trying to add an alarm you will find an option to set the sound under Sound tab.

For more information about the app refer to: Alarms app for Windows: FAQ

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Let us know if you are still facing any issue with setting sounds for alarm. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Alarm sets but won't sound

Alarm doesn't make sound in Windows 10

Naseeb Irshadullah, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Alarm sets but won't sound

1. Windows 10 Alarm sets but won't sound - Similar Threads - Alarm sets won't

2. Alarms & Clock No sound!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alarms & Clock No sound!: I set an alarm using the clock tool but when I tested the alarm, there was no sound. How can I fix this? Windows 11 Home Edition and my pc is an HP laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alarms-clock-no-sound/c6cb8955-16a2-4bb2-89df-2305ffbb96f6
  3. Alarms & Clock No sound!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alarms & Clock No sound!: I set an alarm using the clock tool but when I tested the alarm, there was no sound. How can I fix this? Windows 11 Home Edition and my pc is an HP laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alarms-clock-no-sound/c6cb8955-16a2-4bb2-89df-2305ffbb96f6
  4. Alarm Sounds

Alarm Sounds: I would like to change one of the alarm sounds in the Alarms and Clock app to a personal .flac sound file. How do I perform this task? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alarm-sounds/e8132de6-fc41-4d63-a38a-7034ebb3b59d
  5. Alarms & Clock No sound!

Alarms & Clock No sound!: Hello everyone, it 's been almost a month since I used it! But now that I want to set the alarm, there is no sound! Everything works! But it does not have only sound! In the meantime, I checked all the problems of Windows sound, no device, program, driver, music player, etc.,...
  6. Alarm won't go on!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alarm won't go on!: I have a desktop Windows 10, When I lock my Windows the Alarm won't go on. I did a test if my alarm works or not, and I found out that when the desktop is turned on than it will go on. Please help. It also says in the Alarm app that "Notifications will only show if the PC is...
  7. Alarm clock Alarm won't go on?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alarm clock Alarm won't go on?: I have a desktop Windows 10, When I lock my Windows the Alarm won't go on. I did a test if my alarm works or not, and I found out that when the desktop is turned on than it will go on. Please help....
  8. Windows Alarm and Watch without Sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Alarm and Watch without Sound: The windows Time App isn´t producing any sound and is not appearing as a banner on the bottom of my screen when the alarm or timer should set off. Yes i have already checked if the necessary options are activated and they should be. Is this a known issue, and can someone...
  9. Save alarm sets

Save alarm sets: Is it possible to create and save Alarm sets. I teach elementary school. I use this app to stay on schedule. There are days when the schedule varies. I currently use my phone for alarms on those days. I'd like to use the app. Unfortunately it takes too long to go through and...
  10. Alarm App sounds?

Alarm App sounds?: 1) How do I sample alarm sounds in Alarm App? (Win 10) 2) Various Searches via Settings prompted .... Nada!?! 3) Search via Contana prompted "Huh? Whaaa? How about Spotify? What should I use to Open this?" ARRRGH!! 4) Silly question, I know: Any way to provide my own...