Windows 10: Windows 10 All Apps New Notification

Discus and support Windows 10 All Apps New Notification in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there any way to disable the Windows 10 All Apps New Notification on the Start menu, I noticed it's constantly telling me I have a new app installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gedstar, May 25, 2016.

1. gedstar Win User

Windows 10 All Apps New Notification

Is there any way to disable the Windows 10 All Apps New Notification on the Start menu, I noticed it's constantly telling me I have a new app installed even though I don't.
    Scrolling through the applications removes the notification but after some time it comes back again

See screenshot

Windows 10 All Apps New Notification [​IMG]

Thanks in advance
    Ged

:)

gedstar, May 25, 2016

2. Apps missing from notification settings in Windows 10.

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10, and being more

fond of current events, I wish to ENABLE notifications from all apps

such as news, sports, finance, alarm & clock, store and basically

all available Microsoft Apps that show notifications.

How do I do it?

I've tried the settings page but it shows me only 2 apps that will show

me notifications (which are turned on), how do I add other apps for

notifications there?

Thank You.

Original title: Notifications in Windows 10

ArjanSiddhpura, May 25, 2016
  3. re-notifications

I think maybe the Anniversary update will address this problem, at least indirectly. From

MSDN: What’s new for Toast notifications and Action Center in Windows 10 Anniversary Update
    -

In Windows 10 Anniversary Update, we released a Notification Listener API, which gives apps access to all of the user’s Toast notifications, as well
    as subscribing to changes in the notifications (notifications being added, dismissed, expired, etc). Apps can build companion apps for smart accessories or wearables to display notifications on them, or any other scenario that could benefit from this API set.

The API is at CONTENT MOVED: Notification Listener Documentation – Windows 10

After a superficial review I think one could write a "nag" app with extra notification settings for each app that supplies notifications.

Larry Seltzer, May 25, 2016
  4. JBGoode Win User

I was curious about this notification as well. I always get it, but there's nothing new. I was thinking it might be caused by updates to existing apps.

JBGoode, May 25, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Just curious. What if....................
    You open the All apps > scroll through the list.
    If you see the word New on the right of an app > click that app.
    Then go back to the All apps list and repeat the above.
    When done > click BACK.
    Do you still see the word New as shown from the screenshot ?

davidhk, May 25, 2016
  6. gedstar Win User
    @davidhk
    There's no New notification for any app when you scroll down through the applications that's the annoying part about it.
    As I said once you scroll through the applications the New notification will go, but randomly appear again.

gedstar, May 25, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Thank you.
    That is weird.
    I don't seem to have this problem.
    I am using Win 10 Home 10586.318, and also Insider Preview 14342.

davidhk, May 25, 2016
  8. gedstar Win User

I have Win 10 Pro 10586.318 and 3 different machines and it's happens to all of them
    It's not a major issue just an annoyance, I'm sure there's a reg setting that can disable it just can find anything on the internet about it
    At least with Win 7 you could disable the New Application notification

Windows 10 All Apps New Notification [​IMG]

gedstar, May 25, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    Suggestion only.
    Why not run a system file check to look for corrupt files.

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, May 25, 2016
  10. gedstar Win User
    @davehk

Ran the scannow and all is clear *Smile
    What I would like to do is disable the notification altogether, I'm sure there has to be a reg setting to disable it somewhere in the Registry

Cheers

gedstar, May 25, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    Very possible.

Hang in there. Someone may come along with exactly that.

davidhk, May 25, 2016
  12. JBGoode Win User
    I had it this morning and there was nothing noted as 'new' in my all apps list. I did just notice, however, that there is an update in queue in the Store for my Mail app.

This notification really doesn't bother me, I'm just curious as to what is triggering it.

JBGoode, May 25, 2016
  13. gedstar Win User

Will do

Cheers

gedstar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 All Apps New Notification - Similar Threads - Apps Notification

2. how to stop notifications that i have read and replied to from pc apps coming up on phone...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop notifications that i have read and replied to from pc apps coming up on phone...: Hello Everyone, I have connected my phone to pc, for work purposes. but one thing that is annoying is when i receive a notification on facebook or facebook messenger and even phone link, i will read it and respond to it and all on my pc. but the issue is that when i finally...
  3. how to stop notifications that i have read and replied to from pc apps coming up on phone...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to stop notifications that i have read and replied to from pc apps coming up on phone...: Hello Everyone, I have connected my phone to pc, for work purposes. but one thing that is annoying is when i receive a notification on facebook or facebook messenger and even phone link, i will read it and respond to it and all on my pc. but the issue is that when i finally...
  4. How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications: Hello,Is there a way to enable notifications for the clock app within windows to send you notifications via group policy manager?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-clock-app-via-group-policy-for/92c2f1f6-0ad9-455d-a3db-f1b30950134a
  5. How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications: Hello,Is there a way to enable notifications for the clock app within windows to send you notifications via group policy manager?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-clock-app-via-group-policy-for/92c2f1f6-0ad9-455d-a3db-f1b30950134a
  6. How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications

7. Disable app notification of new versions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable app notification of new versions: Hello everyone, Does anyone know how to disable notification of new app versions in Windows 11 23H2 for all users via regedit?See: https://winaero.com/windows-10-notepad-will-notify-you-about-new-versions/I would be grateful for any tip...
  8. Disable app notification of new versions

Disable app notification of new versions: Hello everyone, Does anyone know how to disable notification of new app versions in Windows 11 23H2 for all users via regedit?See: https://winaero.com/windows-10-notepad-will-notify-you-about-new-versions/I would be grateful for any tip...
  9. Ability to enable notifications for Chrome missing on Windows 11 "notifications from apps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ability to enable notifications for Chrome missing on Windows 11 "notifications from apps...: I was having problems getting the notifications pane in Windows 11 to show up at all and would infinitely load and I reset Windows 11 Notifications with this guide. But now when I try to enable notifications for Chrome, the option is completely missing. I do not see it at...
  10. Ability to enable notifications for Chrome missing on Windows 11 "notifications from apps...

Ability to enable notifications for Chrome missing on Windows 11 "notifications from apps...: I was having problems getting the notifications pane in Windows 11 to show up at all and would infinitely load and I reset Windows 11 Notifications with this guide. But now when I try to enable notifications for Chrome, the option is completely missing. I do not see it at...