Windows 10: Windows 10 - All files are deleted automatically, even Windows files.

Discus and support Windows 10 - All files are deleted automatically, even Windows files. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a new laptop with Windows 10 and Office 2017 pre-installed. After 2 weeks of use, all files suddenly are automatically wiped out completely,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by espanola, Jul 9, 2017.

1. espanola Win User

Windows 10 - All files are deleted automatically, even Windows files.

I have a new laptop with Windows 10 and Office 2017 pre-installed.
    After 2 weeks of use, all files suddenly are automatically wiped out completely, even windows system files on drive C and data files on drive D.
    During it happens, I check my C drive and see like this. Please note the DD_DeletedFiles folder and its content.
    The content of that folders is changed continuously when I was looking at it. New files added, some files removed...

Windows 10 - All files are deleted automatically, even Windows files. [​IMG]

I am really confused, do not know what happen.
    I lost all my data on C and D drive. I cannot recover by using the recovery software.
    Any comment or clue about what happen, and how to recovery my data are much appreciated.
    Thank you!

:)

espanola, Jul 9, 2017
  2. kankanVM Win User

Media files are automatically deleted

Hi all,

I recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8.1. After the upgradation process some of my media files are deleted without any warning/notification. Is it a windows glitch or a virus attack?

Please Help.

I lost many important video files recently.

Thanking You

Kankan Barman

[Moved from Virus & Malware]

kankanVM, Jul 9, 2017
  3. Media files are automatically deleted

Hi Kankan,

This issue might occur due to possible virus on the machine.

I would also recommend you to perform a full virus scan using the antivirus program installed on the computer or by using Microsoft Safety Scanner as this issue could also occur by malwares.

Safety Scanner - Windows Defender Security Intelligence

Safety Scanner Disclaimer: There could be a loss of data while performing a scan using Microsoft safety scanner to eliminate viruses if any.

Note:
    Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Jul 9, 2017
  4. pepanee Win User

You did not create the DD_DeletedFiles folder right?; It was created by itself?

pepanee, Jul 10, 2017
  5. pepanee Win User
    I looked online; apparently DD is a command in Linux to delete files. You got Linux installed at all? Do you, or anyone else, use it on the computer?

pepanee, Jul 10, 2017
  6. espanola Win User
    I did not create that folder. I did not do any thing with that folder and its content.

espanola, Jul 11, 2017
  7. espanola Win User
    Never linux on my laptop. Nobody use my laptop.
    I works on IT and I know clearly what I am seeing. It is so strange.
    I try scanning with BitDefennder, kaspersky, MalwareBytes from a clean PC but found nothing.

espanola, Jul 11, 2017
  8. pepanee Win User

Okay it's good to see that you work for IT; it means you understand a whole bunch with computer. Yes I agree with you, that is rather strange and really sounds like some sort of virus/hacker. All that happens in your computer doesn't make any sense at all.

I looked online some more. Check out this search result from Bing: +dd_deletedfiles - Bing

Press the "Translate this page" link. Once it loads, you can actually read that this dude experienced the same thing before. See if you can do something from here.

pepanee, Jul 11, 2017
  9. espanola Win User
    Thank you for keeping this up.
    Before posting this I already googled but found nothing.
    I have read the post and the symptoms are exactly the same.
    Good to know re-installation could not solve the problem. I am contacting him for experience.
    Now I tend to the SSD problem, but now sure because as what I saw it is not SSD problem.

Is there possibility that any hidden code on MBR of DELL which caused this problem?
    My E7470 has a 500MB reversed parition and I do not know what it is for.

espanola, Jul 11, 2017
  10. pepanee Win User
    pepanee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - All files are deleted automatically, even Windows files. - Similar Threads - files are deleted

2. Windows 11 automatically deleted all my files on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 automatically deleted all my files on desktop: Logged in and realized everything I saved on my desktop is gone, only icons left are Edge and the bin. I saw others asking similar questions but theirs are a display problem, while the files are still there. My problem is my files are actually GONE.I tried to access them by...
  3. Windows 11 automatically deleted all my files on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 automatically deleted all my files on desktop: Logged in and realized everything I saved on my desktop is gone, only icons left are Edge and the bin. I saw others asking similar questions but theirs are a display problem, while the files are still there. My problem is my files are actually GONE.I tried to access them by...
  4. All Files Deleted after an Automatic Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Files Deleted after an Automatic Update: I lost all my files after my two computers updated automatically to Windows 10 Version 21H1. Why is this happening?Some apps like Calculator , don't work after the update. Please someone must resolve this dreadful update....
  5. Windows 10 keeps deleting all downloads and even files I unzip

Windows 10 keeps deleting all downloads and even files I unzip: I am attempting to install iRoot so I can root my cell phone. Instead of treating me like an adult, like my linux install does, your ridiculous OS deletes everything the moment I download or extract the program. I do not need YOU too nanny me. It's my damn computer, I want to...
  6. All files and folders deleted in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All files and folders deleted in windows 10: I had recently downloaded dropbox, but later I uninstalled it and deleted my account because it didn't seem to help me. Today I came over its folder and thought that it would be of no use. So I deleted the folder. But when I did all my files and folders were deleted. They all...
  7. Automatic update deleted all my files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic update deleted all my files: My computer was literally on and it just restarts out of nowhere and then all my files are gone once I log back in. I’m in college so it would be nice to get my fucking files back. Thanks. submitted by /u/ciscowizneski [link] [comments]...
  8. windows 10 deleted all files

windows 10 deleted all files: Have a brand new HP all in one, came with windows 10. After an update all files were wiped from computer. Restored all files from Carbonite but Microsoft Office required a reboot to access programs. Reboot again wiped all files from computer. After two years of this type...
  9. Windows 10 files are being delete automatically!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 files are being delete automatically!: Windows 10 is deleting my personal files automatically even without my permission. The situation here is like i am typing a question here so, if i use left key alphabets are being remove as well. What kind of update Microsoft bring for its customer? I've lost a lot of my...
  10. files automatically deleted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    files automatically deleted: My desktop folder is missing after i turn my laptop to sleep for a day. only the folder which i recently worked before turning to sleep, folder contains jpeg and psd files...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dd_deletedfiles