Windows 10: windows-10 all files disappeared frm desktop

Discus and support windows-10 all files disappeared frm desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi frens , please help me . this evening, suddenly whn i switched on my system which got updated to windows 10, is not showing any of my files /... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sekharmds, Aug 24, 2015.

1. sekharmds Win User

windows-10 all files disappeared frm desktop

hi frens , please help me . this evening, suddenly whn i switched on my system which got updated to windows 10, is not showing any of my files / folders.
    i don know what happened. all vanished. jus google chrome , i tunes and recycle bin are on desktop.
    i cant find anything on it . plzzzz help me to solve this .....*Sleepy*Sleepy*Sleepy*Sleepy*Sleepy*Sleepy*Sleepy*Sleepy*Sleepy*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Sad*Sad*Sad*Sad*Sad*Sad*Sad*Sad

:)

sekharmds, Aug 24, 2015

2. Desktop files are missing after an auto-update to Windows 10.

During an auto update of Windows 10, all of my desktop files disappeared. Where might I find them stored? They are very important.

Original title: Desktop files are gone!

MarkDeBoskey, Aug 24, 2015
  3. PaulBell1 Win User
    Windows 10-- C:\Users has disapeared

Brand new Dell with windows 10 pro, On the Users file-properties I hit show hidden files--now there is no C:\Users and all my desktop shortcuts disappeared

PaulBell1, Aug 24, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

first suggestion would be to make sure you didn't sign into a new/different user.
    make sure to look in file explorer /this pc /local disc C: /users, your user name and see if anything is in the folders there , good luck

caperjack, Aug 24, 2015
Thema:

1. windows-10 all files disappeared frm desktop - Similar Threads - files disappeared frm

2. All desktop icons disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All desktop icons disappeared: Hi, After latest Windows 10 update, at first, I realized my desktop icons are being backed up to OneDrive. Then in a few days they, after I am not sure what action, they were all gone from the screen. All I can see now is one icon at the top of the screen, permanently...
  3. Windows 10 desktop files disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 desktop files disappeared: When i checked my computer this morning, all my files/folders that i had saved on my desktop were gone. Were not located in the recycle bin. The only tasks I can find that occured in the middle of the night was a Windows update and One drive sync. When I checked One drive...
  4. desktop files disappeared

desktop files disappeared: just reinstalled a fresh windows 10 onto my computer. it was fine for a little while, but now my desktop files are gone. i did a lot of things that i searched up regedit modification, tablet mode check, show desktop icons. but nothing seems to be working....
  5. WINDOWS 10 , DISAPPEARED ALL DESKTOP ICONS

WINDOWS 10 , DISAPPEARED ALL DESKTOP ICONS: All Desktop icons disappeared. Even after restart the PC also no change. I think mistakenly I pressed a keyboard I dont know whcih key. Even if I right click on desktop not working. How to come back to previous desktop. Please comment....
  6. Windows 10 Desktop Files Disappearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Desktop Files Disappearing: As the subject states, when i logged on to my home computer today, i was greeted with an empty desktop. All my school files thanks to the coronavirus all of my unity/unreal/maya/game files, anything ive made using my student adobe suite, all gone. In recent files, i can find...
  7. Desktop files disappeared

Desktop files disappeared: I was working today and 3/4 if my desktop folders just disappeared. I have searched by name and they are just gone. I ran the hard drive check and it appears okay and they are not in the recycle bin. Please help!...
  8. All my desktop file and folder disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my desktop file and folder disappeared: All my desktop file and folder disappeared. Application are there. File name extension and hidden folder view is checked. This was all a sudden after reboot, no update or new application were installed. Rebooted to repair VPN connection....
  9. All files disappear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All files disappear: All files disappear after a restart. All files are gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-files-disappear/e474f5da-42c6-4fd7-ba1d-38d1ace38bf4
  10. Desktop Files Disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Files Disappear: Over the past week, my desktop has been acting up. My files keep being deleted from my desktop. I used Everything Search to see if the files are just being moved, and they're not. They're completely wiped out. I ran a Windows Defender and it didn't come up with anything. I...