Windows 10: Windows 10 All Files in Documents Folder Disappeared

Discus and support Windows 10 All Files in Documents Folder Disappeared in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have used Windows 8 for a while and I recently updated it to Windows 10. After installing Windows 10, I downloaded a lot of files as well as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by D41V30N, Nov 15, 2015.

1. D41V30N Win User

Windows 10 All Files in Documents Folder Disappeared

Hi, I have used Windows 8 for a while and I recently updated it to Windows 10. After installing Windows 10, I downloaded a lot of files as well as played a lot of games without logging in to my Microsoft account. I only recently logged into my Microsoft account and after I restarted my PC after updating Windows 10, all files in my documents folder disappeared. All save game files, all downloads - everything completely disappeared. I tried using the Search option and I couldn't find any files from that time. What on Earth just happened and how can I fix this problem and get my files back?

:)

D41V30N, Nov 15, 2015
  2. RonBane Win User

when I downloaded 10, all the documents in my document folder disappeared. How can I see my documents?

when I downloaded 10, all the documents in my document folder disappeared.

How can I see my documents?

OP - windows 10

RonBane, Nov 15, 2015
  3. Odmaa Win User
    folders disappears

Hi,

Some folders from my document folder have disappeared within few seconds. I checked some file within my document folder and then deleted some jpg docs from the documents folder and then revisited the old folders and some folders within that folder disappeared.
    I tried third party recovery program and checked recycle bin. Nothing found. These folders just disappeared without any trace. It is very urgent to recover them as they all were very important files. Please, help.

Odmaa, Nov 15, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

Hi ... Welcome to the Ten Forum .... What happen if you log off the Microsoft account and log into the local account ? Also, I'm wondering if you've been signed in with a temporary profile?

sn00ker, Nov 17, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    What user accounts show under C:\Users?

You could try enabling the hidden Administrator account:

From a Elevated Command Prompt: net user administrator /active:yes

The log off and log in as Administrator. Look around and see if they are available.

Also, install Everything Search and use it to search for any of the files you know should be there. Much, much better than the built-in Windows search.

Ztruker, Nov 17, 2015
  6. I have the same experience, what I do is right click on the Documents folder, and then Select Properties-----General----And then Select "Read Only" and " Hidden" -----Apply. and then do the same way again, unselected both option again, then you will get back all your document files.

kevinlu288, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 All Files in Documents Folder Disappeared - Similar Threads - Files Documents Folder

2. All my folders along with the documents within them disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my folders along with the documents within them disappeared: Since the update I have many documents that are now missing along with all of my folders that contained saved documents are all missing. This is crazy.! How do I get them back? ThanksTracy...
  3. All my folders along with the documents within them disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my folders along with the documents within them disappeared: Since the update I have many documents that are now missing along with all of my folders that contained saved documents are all missing. This is crazy.! How do I get them back? ThanksTracy...
  4. Files in folder "Documents" C:\Users\NAME\Documents disappeared / folder empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files in folder "Documents" C:\Users\NAME\Documents disappeared / folder empty: Hello to everyone, I'd really be grateful for any help on this issue - thank you very much!The problem:Two days ago, while my laptop was running i.e. not after a Windows Update reboot, all files in all subfolders located in C:\Users\NAME\Documents have disappeared "This...
  5. Files in folder "Documents" C:\Users\NAME\Documents disappeared / folder empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files in folder "Documents" C:\Users\NAME\Documents disappeared / folder empty: Hello to everyone, I'd really be grateful for any help on this issue - thank you very much!The problem:Two days ago, while my laptop was running i.e. not after a Windows Update reboot, all files in all subfolders located in C:\Users\NAME\Documents have disappeared "This...
  6. Files in folder "Documents" C:\Users\NAME\Documents disappeared / folder empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Files and folders in My Documents have disappeared!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Files and folders in My Documents have disappeared!: Help! A couple of days ago I was saving a document and it said it could not find the file location. That is when I discovered all of the files and folders in My Documents have disappeared! The only folder in My Documents is Custom Office Templates and it's empty. I have...
  8. Files and folders in My Documents have disappeared!

Files and folders in My Documents have disappeared!: Help! A couple of days ago I was saving a document and it said it could not find the file location. That is when I discovered all of the files and folders in My Documents have disappeared! The only folder in My Documents is Custom Office Templates and it's empty. I have...
  9. All loose files in documents folder disappeared and not in recycle bin

All loose files in documents folder disappeared and not in recycle bin: I was on File Explorer today and I saw that under the quick access section the documents folder had disappeared so i pinned it back and thought nothing of it. Then I look now and all my files that were loose in the documents folder have disappeared and they are not in the...
  10. Files disappearing from my Documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Files disappearing from my Documents folder: Yesterday I found that certain files had disappeared from my Documents folder. Some, but not all, of them had also disappeared from the back-up copies I keep in an external hard drive. I had made no changes to my computer and the files were there the day before. I did a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. documents folder disappeared from windows 10