Windows 10: Windows 10. All folders are suddenly read-only.

Discus and support Windows 10. All folders are suddenly read-only. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Suddenly today 6/28/22 all my folders are read only. I've tried all the suggestions I can find on the internet including:- uninstalling anti-virus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Don MacIn, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Don MacIn Win User

Windows 10. All folders are suddenly read-only.

Suddenly today 6/28/22 all my folders are read only. I've tried all the suggestions I can find on the internet including:- uninstalling anti-virus software- being logged in as administrator- changing permissions administrator and users- changing the folder attributes- running several command prompt commands- and several others. Nothing has helped so far.

:)

Don MacIn, Jun 28, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 28, 2022
  3. Games folder suddenly empty Windows 10

Using Windows 10. This morning the games folder was suddenly empty. I found instructions that were for Windows 7 on how to turn on games, and tried to use the same method, but when I went to "turn windows features on and off" in the Windows 10 control
    panel, 'games' isn't on the list. Any suggestions?

joesoup(2), Jun 28, 2022
  4. Windows 10. All folders are suddenly read-only.

Win 10; Folders: Documents, Pictures andMuic are Read only

Everything has worked very smoothly for a long time, then suddenly I am no longer able to write to the above folders. Tried removing read only, Win goes through the steps of changing the attribute flag, but when I go back into properties,

it resets itself to read only.

Any suggestions?

MichaelBrooks683, Jun 28, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10. All folders are suddenly read-only.

1. Windows 10. All folders are suddenly read-only. - Similar Threads - folders are suddenly

2. All my folders have suddenly become read only.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my folders have suddenly become read only.: Hello! I was working on my laptop today and I couldn't create folders to save my files in. It was working fine a few days ago. Although I noticed the problem today. I looked on the internet and I saw sites telling me to scan for corrupted files through CMD. However CMD told...
  3. All my folders have suddenly become read only.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my folders have suddenly become read only.: Hello! I was working on my laptop today and I couldn't create folders to save my files in. It was working fine a few days ago. Although I noticed the problem today. I looked on the internet and I saw sites telling me to scan for corrupted files through CMD. However CMD told...
  4. Windows 10. All folders are suddenly read-only.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10. All folders are suddenly read-only.: Suddenly today 6/28/22 all my folders are read only. I've tried all the suggestions I can find on the internet including:- uninstalling anti-virus software- being logged in as administrator- changing permissions administrator and users- changing the folder attributes- running...
  5. Windows 10. All folders are suddenly read-only.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10. All folders are suddenly read-only.: Suddenly today 6/28/22 all my folders are read only. I've tried all the suggestions I can find on the internet including:- uninstalling anti-virus software- being logged in as administrator- changing permissions administrator and users- changing the folder attributes- running...
  6. All Folders Read Only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All Folders Read Only: Title explains it all. Every folder on my C:\ or D:\ drives is set to read-only. I am able to change that in the folder properties, but when I go back in after hitting apply it reverts to read-only again. I have tried changing the permissions on each drive, disabling...
  7. All folders are now Read Only Windows 10

All folders are now Read Only Windows 10: After a recent update my folders on all devices are now Read Only. I change the setting and save. But the attribute is Read Only. I searched to find out I am not the only one with this problem but I am not able to correct it. The directions to fix the problem I am finding...
  8. All folders are read-only

in Windows 10 Customization
    All folders are read-only: Just today I wanted to change the properties of one file in my music folder, but was unable to. After some digging around I found out that the folder it was in was a read-only folder, upon trying to uncheck the box, then closing it, it reverts itself to read-only. I have...
  9. All Folders Read Only

All Folders Read Only: All folders seem to be listed as Read Only. Do not have third party antivirus. Yes, I already checked Permissions and Ownership Yes, I have already followed every tutorial and suggestion on this site....
  10. all folders are read only

in Windows 10 Support
    all folders are read only: Today I discovered that all my files are read only. I had saved a spreadsheet yesterday, then today I went to open it and it said read only. Then I looked at other files and the read only box was checked. Even when I unchecked it, and closing the property box, when I opened...