Windows 10: Windows 10: All games are now unplayable

Discus and support Windows 10: All games are now unplayable in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Windows 7 ran fast, played games , and worked. I upgraded to Windows 10 because others were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LegendaryC4, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Windows 10: All games are now unplayable

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Windows 7 ran fast, played games , and worked. I upgraded to Windows 10 because others were saying "If you love Windows 7 you'll love Windows 10!" also because of DirectX12. So I install Windows 10, I was very excited
    Windows 10: All games are now unplayable [​IMG]
    everything looked amazing. I restart the system because things were going sluggish. Systems turns back on it's a little bit better but Windows 7 would be faster. I try opening Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse, black screen. I try opening Titanfall I get under 10 fps on low settings 1600x900 on Menu. I try playing Battlefield 4, when loading the level everything went fine until I randomly got 1 FPS music stuttering. Level never loaded. Sometimes my CPU is at 60 or at 99% when just browsing the web... Never happened on Windows 7. Is there anyway I can get things to work or restore back to Windows 7 without losing any files?
    SPECS

Windows 10...

7 GB of Ram

Athlon II x4 620

GTX 650 1GB GDDR5

650 Watt PSU

Note: I could run all these games on Windows 7 fine.

:)

LegendaryC4, Jul 31, 2015

2. Elder Scrolls: Oblivion not working with compatibility mode

Been trying to run Elder Scrolls: Oblivion again to no avail. The compatibility settings are not helping either. Is the game unplayable now on Windows 10?

Cybertronian95, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Games are suddenly unplayable

Sure I don't mind. Let me know what processes are using more than 1% consistently sustained, or just send a full screenshot, whatever you prefer.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 31, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Windows 10: All games are now unplayable

5. vgchat Win User
    All of the users with your type of problem state that if you let windows update do it's thing, everything lag related is gone. So let update find all it can, restart, see if it finds anymore & if not, your good to go.

vgchat, Jul 31, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    Wonder if some of the games that require DirectX 9c will work well on Ten, if will allow or need it. Say like older Batman Arkham Asylum,Arkham City, so on.....

jds63, Jul 31, 2015
  7. jds63 Win User
    I just tried an older game Tomb Raider and it works fine about 60-67fps think was average for this game then, no issues, need to reinstall my games still after clean install. Be more concerned with older games myself, needing to use the older DirectX.

jds63, Jul 31, 2015
  8. Windows 10: All games are now unplayable

TF2 that still uses (if set, default is DX9) DirectX 8.0 and DirectX 8.1 still works. Don't currently have any games that are pre-DX8/DX8.1.

LovingWindows, Jul 31, 2015
  9. jds63 Win User
    Seems like more of a system problem reasons games are having trouble as you see CPU percentage is up even when browsing.
    Did you upgrade and then do a clean install or just upgrade ? Might be either software,drivers or hardware related issue, instead of just windows update not getting all updates as has not been many to begin with yet, even for me.

jds63, Jul 31, 2015
  10. Carsomyr Win User
    Be aware that if you are still using your old Windows 7 GPU drivers on Windows 10 you will ahve some wonky issues, and the Windows 10 drivers are improving but are not quite perfect yet (SLI is next to impossible atm and even in single card setups things are still a bit flaky!) Check it out yourself: https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...read-7-29-15-/

Carsomyr, Aug 1, 2015
  11. jds63 Win User
    I am not showing any issues yet, checked dxdiag using DirectX12. Only put 2 games back on they work fine so far, my specs show what card i use and single card no SLI which i knew had most of issues from beginning with Win 10 and NVIDIA.

jds63, Aug 1, 2015
  12. Dont blame the OS for that. Its your system not win 10

Fr33R3v0lution, Aug 1, 2015
  13. jds63 Win User

Truthfully i believe there is some other underlying issue with thread starters PC.

jds63, Aug 1, 2015
  14. Maggelan Win User
    Windows 10 will bring out any faults the system was probably having before.

Hopefully you created a usb boot version of windows 10, If not do so now. then do a full clean install of windows 10.

The upgrade path is a flaky experience at best.

Maggelan, Aug 2, 2015
  15. jds63 Win User
    If you only upgraded it may solve it, if it was truly caused by OS upgrade install. CPU percentage rising for no known reason yet is the biggest concern, biggest part of this issue could be caused by something else on PC.

jds63, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10: All games are now unplayable - Similar Threads - games are unplayable

2. HELP GAME UNPLAYABLE!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HELP GAME UNPLAYABLE!: Game crashes along with my pc. Only happens with downloads from ether xbox or microsoft store. Thank You! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-game-unplayable/d425b8f5-971d-4e82-aed5-47900a3ade73
  3. HELP GAME UNPLAYABLE!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP GAME UNPLAYABLE!: Game crashes along with my pc. Only happens with downloads from ether xbox or microsoft store. Thank You! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-game-unplayable/d425b8f5-971d-4e82-aed5-47900a3ade73
  4. HELP GAME UNPLAYABLE!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Games now unplayable after 2h22 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games now unplayable after 2h22 update: I recently started playing apex again, and it's been a really enjoyable experience. But since the 2h22 update i can no longer play, the game starts fine adn then drops to 30 fps and stays there. It's unplayable. It was running perfect before this and now I can't revert back...
  6. Games now unplayable after 2h22 update

Games now unplayable after 2h22 update: I recently started playing apex again, and it's been a really enjoyable experience. But since the 2h22 update i can no longer play, the game starts fine adn then drops to 30 fps and stays there. It's unplayable. It was running perfect before this and now I can't revert back...
  7. All games unplayable on pc pt.2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All games unplayable on pc pt.2: All my games are lagging once again on my pc.i had this problem all last week and finally had it fixed on a couple days ago with the help of someone. 2 days later after it was fixed I turned on my pc and the same problem occurred again. Which is all games on my pc are lagging...
  8. All games unplayable on pc pt.2

All games unplayable on pc pt.2: All my games are lagging once again on my pc.i had this problem all last week and finally had it fixed on a couple days ago with the help of someone. 2 days later after it was fixed I turned on my pc and the same problem occurred again. Which is all games on my pc are lagging...
  9. Games suddenly unplayable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games suddenly unplayable: I built my pc maybe 2 months ago, any game I ran would play smooth as butter, no lag spikes or fps drops. Suddenly about 1 month later my game experiences the worst lag spikes ex: 70-4000 ping and this occurs almost every minute making it where I can no longer play my...
  10. Games suddenly unplayable

Games suddenly unplayable: I built my pc maybe 2 months ago, any game I ran would play smooth as butter, no lag spikes or fps drops. Suddenly about 1 month later my game experiences the worst lag spikes ex: 70-4000 ping and this occurs almost every minute making it where I can no longer play my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. games unplayable on windows 10