Windows 10: Windows 10: All games are now unplayable

Discus and support Windows 10: All games are now unplayable in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Wonder if some of the games that require DirectX 9c will work well on Ten, if will allow or need it. Say like older Batman Arkham Asylum,Arkham City,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LegendaryC4, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Windows 10: All games are now unplayable

World of tanks, and call of duty waw work good and they use the old directx i believe.

Thrashmetal86, Aug 4, 2015
  2. jds63 Win User

Yes, i put some of my games back on mentioned they work fine Batman Arkham Asylum, Arkham City. Call of Duty WAW i also have, good older game, like it, another being Battlefield Bad Company 2 also good, working good.

jds63, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Traijan Win User
    So far, all of the games that I've tried in my steam library that only use DX9 are still working for me on W10.

The only issue that I had with it was when I first tried loading a game and saw that I was getting only 1 fps at the main menu, but after investigating I found out that the Nvidia graphics driver was failing installation so W10 was either using the W7 driver or just a generic Windows vga driver. Once I cleaned out all the old Nvidia stuff the new W10 driver installed perfectly. Now that game that was getting only 1 fps is back up to it's 60 fps.

Traijan, Aug 5, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Windows 10: All games are now unplayable

Surprised by this you did not notice any other performance issues before trying games. Failed meaning you updated it or not at the time ?

jds63, Aug 5, 2015
  5. Traijan Win User
    I did actually note one performance issue before trying games which was the sluggishness of the W10 start menu. I wrote about it on one of the topics about it on this forum.

Edit:
    I also noted the sluggishness in the Windows solitaire game, but just chalked it up to being the game itself, although I've not retried the solitaire game to see if it was driver related or truly the game.
    /Edit

It failed in that when I tried to install the W10 Nvidia driver it told me that everything installed but I didn't notice (didn't look close enough) to see that while everything else supposedly installed okay, the graphic driver itself had the red x next to it indicating that it failed to install that and I simply didn't notice it.

Then I rebooted tried a game and saw that it was still bad performance so I tried to reinstall the driver package again and that time around I noticed the red x next to the graphic driver listing so I uninstalled anything that had Nvidia as part of the name in programs and features, rebooted, installed the new package (which installed fine) and rebooted again (twice for good measures lol) and since then I've not noticed any sluggishness to my games. Although the start menu still feels sluggish and now I have to assume it's the way they designed it to try to make it look "smooth" at the price of it actually feeling sluggish.

Traijan, Aug 5, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    Recall issues to begin with for NVIDIA installer and Windows 10, originally when i did the upgrade i had same red x in device manager, but eventually windows installed newest one. If you tried to use the downloaded software driver the installer was failing at first, as said did read about this issue before. Did not like idea of it installing it for me because i thought it put GeForce Experience on to, but did not. Assuming your games carried over from upgrade too.

jds63, Aug 5, 2015
  7. SoxmisUK Win User
    I can't get my WOT to run properly at all... W10 64 bit?

SoxmisUK, Aug 8, 2015
  8. gitteben Win User

I have just installed Windows 10. Now, I have problems with my old Harry Potter games and CSI games. Will installing DirectX 8.0 and DirectX 8.1 make them work?? What do I do if the computer says "you have a newer version of directX", so I won't be able to install it? I would love to know if any of you have tried and whether it helped or not. Thanks in advange Windows 10: All games are now unplayable :)

The games have been working fine both in Windows 7 and 8. Windows 10: All games are now unplayable :)

gitteben, Aug 8, 2015
  9. jds63 Win User
    Read DirectX 9 is backward compatible with DirectX 8.1 do not think will be able to use DirectX 8.1. What years are these games ?

jds63, Aug 8, 2015
  10. jds63 Win User
    Game installed through a client, like Steam or from disc ? Need for one DirectX 9c. Most of the time game form a disc or Steam will install the required files needed, also other like Microsoft Visual C ++

jds63, Aug 8, 2015
  11. gitteben Win User
    jds63: the games are from 2001 - 2004. I know they are old games, but I really like them. Windows 10: All games are now unplayable :)

I doubt there will be made drivers on the company's web side for windows 10. ;-)

gitteben, Aug 8, 2015
  12. Dungeon Siege (2003) has me foxed at the moment..
    it used to work OK under the TechPreviews, must have forgotten a tweak..

The Witcher (the old original/enhanced version) needed access to the web via Firewall settings, but runs fine..

BugMeister, Aug 8, 2015
  13. jds63 Win User

Not drivers i meant, like you said DirectX. Any errors messages received when trying, some games true won't run on new OS's maybe that old 2001

jds63, Aug 8, 2015
  14. gitteben Win User
    jds63: will I be able to run them if I make a virtuel drive, install Windows 7 or 8 on that drive, and install the games on the virtuel drive? As far as I can see, that's the only solution.... :-( Unless, I'm lucky that the company makes a file to add to the game folder, so it will run on windows 10, but I doubt that.

gitteben, Aug 8, 2015
  15. jds63 Win User
    True, if it does not run with DirectX 9c or whatever else it needs, probably so. Compatibility issue with 10, unless can be run in compatibility mode.

jds63, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10: All games are now unplayable - Similar Threads - games are unplayable

2. HELP GAME UNPLAYABLE!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HELP GAME UNPLAYABLE!: Game crashes along with my pc. Only happens with downloads from ether xbox or microsoft store. Thank You! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-game-unplayable/d425b8f5-971d-4e82-aed5-47900a3ade73
  3. HELP GAME UNPLAYABLE!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP GAME UNPLAYABLE!: Game crashes along with my pc. Only happens with downloads from ether xbox or microsoft store. Thank You! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-game-unplayable/d425b8f5-971d-4e82-aed5-47900a3ade73
  4. HELP GAME UNPLAYABLE!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Games now unplayable after 2h22 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games now unplayable after 2h22 update: I recently started playing apex again, and it's been a really enjoyable experience. But since the 2h22 update i can no longer play, the game starts fine adn then drops to 30 fps and stays there. It's unplayable. It was running perfect before this and now I can't revert back...
  6. Games now unplayable after 2h22 update

Games now unplayable after 2h22 update: I recently started playing apex again, and it's been a really enjoyable experience. But since the 2h22 update i can no longer play, the game starts fine adn then drops to 30 fps and stays there. It's unplayable. It was running perfect before this and now I can't revert back...
  7. All games unplayable on pc pt.2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All games unplayable on pc pt.2: All my games are lagging once again on my pc.i had this problem all last week and finally had it fixed on a couple days ago with the help of someone. 2 days later after it was fixed I turned on my pc and the same problem occurred again. Which is all games on my pc are lagging...
  8. All games unplayable on pc pt.2

All games unplayable on pc pt.2: All my games are lagging once again on my pc.i had this problem all last week and finally had it fixed on a couple days ago with the help of someone. 2 days later after it was fixed I turned on my pc and the same problem occurred again. Which is all games on my pc are lagging...
  9. Games suddenly unplayable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games suddenly unplayable: I built my pc maybe 2 months ago, any game I ran would play smooth as butter, no lag spikes or fps drops. Suddenly about 1 month later my game experiences the worst lag spikes ex: 70-4000 ping and this occurs almost every minute making it where I can no longer play my...
  10. Games suddenly unplayable

Games suddenly unplayable: I built my pc maybe 2 months ago, any game I ran would play smooth as butter, no lag spikes or fps drops. Suddenly about 1 month later my game experiences the worst lag spikes ex: 70-4000 ping and this occurs almost every minute making it where I can no longer play my...