Windows 10: Windows 10 all in one pc not registering my headphones

Discus and support Windows 10 all in one pc not registering my headphones in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey so when i plug my headphones in i can hear everything on my computer, but my computer is saying that i’m using the built in speakers and it doesn’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Slauxe, Sep 24, 2020.

1. /u/Slauxe Win User

Windows 10 all in one pc not registering my headphones

Hey so when i plug my headphones in i can hear everything on my computer, but my computer is saying that i’m using the built in speakers and it doesn’t even show my headphones as a device. any solution?

submitted by /u/Slauxe
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Slauxe, Sep 24, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 24, 2020
  3. boat rockers 510 Bluetooth headphones won't to windows 10 pc

In that case, I suggest you uninstall the Bluetooth headphones, please follow the below to do so.

Step 1:Maksure to unplug the Bluetooth headphones before performing the below

Go to the search box next to the windows icon and type Device Manager then click to open it.

Step 2:

Then expand Bluetooth and the right click on Bluetooth headphones

Step 3:

Then select Properties

Step 4:

Click on Driver tab and then click on Uninstall Device

Step 5:

Restart PC and verify it's not listed in the Bluetooth settings page

Step 6:

Once the above is confirmed then plug the Bluetooth and try to setup.

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Windows 10 all in one pc not registering my headphones

Unable to access headphones after upgrading to Windows 10.

Hi Clayton,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that you are unable to access the headphones after upgrading to Windows 10, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • Is this issue specific only to the headphones?
    • Is your headphones working fine on other devices?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access the headphones?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers after upgrading to Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if the headphones is set to playback device.

Follow the below:

• Connect the headphones to your device.
    • Right click on the sound icon at the bottom right corner of the taskbar.
    • Click on Playback devices.
    • Check if you are able to find the headphone in the list of connected playback devices.
    • If yes, click on the icon and then click on Set default option.
    • Click on Apply and then on OK.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Kindly reply back to us with the detailed description of this issue, we will be glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 all in one pc not registering my headphones

1. Windows 10 all in one pc not registering my headphones - Similar Threads - registering headphones

2. Class not registered and start menu not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Class not registered and start menu not working: This problem cropped up recently on my Windows 10 laptop. I have run SFC and DISM to no avail. Tried repairing windows, ended up losing data and users, ending up with the defaultuser0 problem. I managed to create an admin account in safe mode command prompt. Tried to...
  3. Windows 10 registered itself to the wrong account!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 registered itself to the wrong account!: I just built a new computer because my old one broke, and I installed Win10 on it. Everything was fine - it asked me for my Email, and since I recently changed my Hotmail password, I wasn't sure about it, so I used the other option and had them send me a code to my phone #,...
  4. my youtubes restricted mode is enabled, but none of the accounts registered in my home...

in Windows 10 Customization
    my youtubes restricted mode is enabled, but none of the accounts registered in my home...: recently an issue popped up where restricted mode became enabled on my YouTube account, so I tried to change it but it said it was locked by admin. them i went to the admin account and disabled it and changed the admin to my main account. it turned restricted mode back on...
  5. computer is registering 3 monitors when i have 2 - BIOS wont open on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer is registering 3 monitors when i have 2 - BIOS wont open on startup: so, my display settings randomly changed by itself and cooked my display i have dual monitors. I've managed to fix that but it still says i have 3 monitors for some reason? some applications keep opening on the 3rd window and i have no idea how to fix this. i want to get rid...
  6. Realtek Driver Not Migrated, Headphones Not Registering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Driver Not Migrated, Headphones Not Registering: Hi guys, I hope you can help me out! I've been having this issue since the Windows 10 2004 update where my headphones only play audio if plugged in when my computer starts up. If I pull my headphones out and re-insert them, the sound plays through my speaker instead of my...
  7. Headphones and Speakers not registering as individual devices

Headphones and Speakers not registering as individual devices: I have a new set of headphones that have a splitter to connect both the mic and the audio. I also have a set of speakers that connect through a single audio port. It doesn't matter which of the two sets of audio ports I plug either into, Windows keeps playing both "playback...
  8. Huawei USB Type C Headphones not registering on computer

Huawei USB Type C Headphones not registering on computer: Whenever I try to plug in my Huawei headphones, they don't show up. Instead of seeing USB-C as an option, the only audio option is Realtek Audio. I've restarted my computer, updated my drivers, and plugged the headphones in and out again, and none of those options worked. How...
  9. Headphones don't register in jack

Headphones don't register in jack: I have seached wide and for for weeks now on how to fix my headphone jack, I've tried through realtek and sounds. I've asked reddit and everywhere else i could imagine. this is my last hope. I plug in the headphones and it acts like it isn't there. no noise, no notification,...
  10. Headphone mic not registering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone mic not registering: I recently bought a gaming headset with a microphone. On the way back I used said headset with my phone and made a call, (Just verifying that it's not a hardware problem with the headset) When I attempted to use the headset with my laptop, nothing happened. The audio...