Windows 10: Windows 10 all of sudden unable to load / OS disappeared

Discus and support Windows 10 all of sudden unable to load / OS disappeared in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm running a custom build with an 8 core i7, 24GB of RAM, 120GB SSD, and a 4GB GTX 750ti video card. I am generally a superuser as far as knowledge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MrShep, Jul 29, 2016.

1. MrShep Win User

Windows 10 all of sudden unable to load / OS disappeared

I'm running a custom build with an 8 core i7, 24GB of RAM, 120GB SSD, and a 4GB GTX 750ti video card. I am generally a superuser as far as knowledge and experience with computers goes but this blows my mind.

I installed Windows 10 early on, around 9 months ago, and everything has been fine. Earlier this week I started to receive DRM errors through BSOD. I followed trouble shooting tips and was unable to solve the problem. I used the Windows Recovery wizard to keep all of my files while resetting the PC. This solved the DRM errors and everything was fine for about two days. My OS would load and would take an inordinate amount of time to do pretty much every task. It would then catch up and load everything and allow 30seconds or so of normal speed activity before freezing again. I decided it was time to do the full reset, all of my important files are backed up on an external drive so I'm really losing is my VMware Player installation.

During the full reset it claimed that it couldn't be completed, to try other troubleshooting fixes. With the state of the system it was taking forever so I booted with a Win10 Recover USB that I found on these forums. Every option I tried it said it was unable to complete. The plain install even said that Windows 10 can't be installed on this system, no reason why. It has been running for the last 9 months with zero issues and now it "can't be installed on this system". Any ideas would be appreciated. I'm basically down to the point where I think my hard drive may have dumped on me, however I don't have any extra of those laying around right now to test that.

:)

MrShep, Jul 29, 2016

2. Control Panel>Devices & Printers>Hangs

MS Surface Pro Scan 3 Win 10....All of a sudden the printers on the machine disappeared. Went to Control Panel>Devices & Printers, where it hangs. Consequently, unable to look at this area and unable to re-load the 3 printers. Comments Please....

DeLonChristensen, Jul 29, 2016
  3. How to reformat a corrupted and unbootable windows 10

Windows 10 OS got corrupted after a sudden electricity blackout. when turn on won't load OS and unable to enter bios set-up. How is it possibly be fixed? Please..

FinelyCaster, Jul 29, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

simrick, Jul 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 all of sudden unable to load / OS disappeared - Similar Threads - sudden unable load

2. Unable to connect to wifi all of the sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to wifi all of the sudden: I was using my laptop for a few minutes before my wifi connection got disconnected and the icon disappeared. I tried going to the settings to get help but it says that Ethernet cable isn't plugged in. I have never used an ethernet cable before. I have tried to restart the...
  3. Unable to connect to wifi all of the sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to wifi all of the sudden: I was using my laptop for a few minutes before my wifi connection got disconnected and the icon disappeared. I tried going to the settings to get help but it says that Ethernet cable isn't plugged in. I have never used an ethernet cable before. I have tried to restart the...
  4. OS not loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OS not loading: My win 10 OS will not start. Sometimes I just see a spinning circle. Other times a message appears saying "unknown file system" and then wants to run "Grub".Grub, to my knowledge, is a linux thing. At one time, linux may have been on the hard drive. However, when I installed...
  5. My microsoft store disappeared all of sudden?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My microsoft store disappeared all of sudden?: All of a sudden my Microsoft store disappeared and when i search in "search box" result is ms-resource:StoreTitle. When i search it in apps and features there is no result. When i ran "Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode...
  6. office all of a sudden will not load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    office all of a sudden will not load: All of a sudden my office will not load https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-all-of-a-sudden-will-not-load/0a886d80-8f35-495d-9bc0-1a4d1ee21f6b
  7. Loading Windows 10 Home OS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Loading Windows 10 Home OS: After creating Installation Media with USB Flash Drive from my Laptop with Windows 10 Home edition have tried to install the Windows 10 Home edition on my PC. Had completed the installation but was never prompted for the Key or able to select the Edition Windows 10 Home....
  8. Disappearing OS

in Windows 10 Support
    Disappearing OS: Hi, I have a Lenovo desktop which a little while ago crashed and on boot up I could only get the message "OS not found". I was wondering if anybody has come across this before and if there is a way to re-activate the OS. Thankyou for taking the time to read this, I look...
  9. ALL Files and Folders in the 'Downloads' SUDDENLY Disappeared!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ALL Files and Folders in the 'Downloads' SUDDENLY Disappeared!: Hi all, I had 3 years worth of files (thousands of files) in my Downloads folder which have all suddenly disappeared completely (Except for one folder that contains 76 other folders, however their content have also vanished). Unfortunately I don't have any back-ups of my...
  10. Cortana hears me but disappears all of a sudden

in Cortana
    Cortana hears me but disappears all of a sudden: After the last update in october I can say "hey Cortana" and she will pop up and display that she is listening, then she just terminates. I know she hears me because she is logging what i say on the microsoft site. I've tried reinstalling with the powershell command, I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 all of a sudden wont boot and says it is windows 8.1