Windows 10: Windows 10 all of sudden unable to load / OS disappeared

Discus and support Windows 10 all of sudden unable to load / OS disappeared in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm running a custom build with an 8 core i7, 24GB of RAM, 120GB SSD, and a 4GB GTX 750ti video card. I am generally a superuser as far as knowledge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MrShep, Jul 29, 2016.

1. MrShep Win User

Windows 10 all of sudden unable to load / OS disappeared

I'm running a custom build with an 8 core i7, 24GB of RAM, 120GB SSD, and a 4GB GTX 750ti video card. I am generally a superuser as far as knowledge and experience with computers goes but this blows my mind.

I installed Windows 10 early on, around 9 months ago, and everything has been fine. Earlier this week I started to receive DRM errors through BSOD. I followed trouble shooting tips and was unable to solve the problem. I used the Windows Recovery wizard to keep all of my files while resetting the PC. This solved the DRM errors and everything was fine for about two days. My OS would load and would take an inordinate amount of time to do pretty much every task. It would then catch up and load everything and allow 30seconds or so of normal speed activity before freezing again. I decided it was time to do the full reset, all of my important files are backed up on an external drive so I'm really losing is my VMware Player installation.

During the full reset it claimed that it couldn't be completed, to try other troubleshooting fixes. With the state of the system it was taking forever so I booted with a Win10 Recover USB that I found on these forums. Every option I tried it said it was unable to complete. The plain install even said that Windows 10 can't be installed on this system, no reason why. It has been running for the last 9 months with zero issues and now it "can't be installed on this system". Any ideas would be appreciated. I'm basically down to the point where I think my hard drive may have dumped on me, however I don't have any extra of those laying around right now to test that.

:)

MrShep, Jul 29, 2016

2. Control Panel>Devices & Printers>Hangs

MS Surface Pro Scan 3 Win 10....All of a sudden the printers on the machine disappeared. Went to Control Panel>Devices & Printers, where it hangs. Consequently, unable to look at this area and unable to re-load the 3 printers. Comments Please....

DeLonChristensen, Jul 29, 2016
  3. How to reformat a corrupted and unbootable windows 10

Windows 10 OS got corrupted after a sudden electricity blackout. when turn on won't load OS and unable to enter bios set-up. How is it possibly be fixed? Please..

FinelyCaster, Jul 29, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

simrick, Jul 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 all of sudden unable to load / OS disappeared - Similar Threads - sudden unable load

2. Disappearing OS

in Windows 10 Support
    Disappearing OS: Hi, I have a Lenovo desktop which a little while ago crashed and on boot up I could only get the message "OS not found". I was wondering if anybody has come across this before and if there is a way to re-activate the OS. Thankyou for taking the time to read this, I look...
  3. Unable to load windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to load windows: I am unable to load windows, when I try all I get s a blank screen. Has anyone else experienced this? If so how did you fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-load-windows/36f086b9-0696-4804-8b01-7123da7ccd74
  4. ALL Files and Folders in the 'Downloads' SUDDENLY Disappeared!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ALL Files and Folders in the 'Downloads' SUDDENLY Disappeared!: Hi all, I had 3 years worth of files (thousands of files) in my Downloads folder which have all suddenly disappeared completely (Except for one folder that contains 76 other folders, however their content have also vanished). Unfortunately I don't have any back-ups of my...
  5. Window tab suddenly disappears

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window tab suddenly disappears: When moving the cursor to the window tab that is selected from the task bar suddenly disappears and gets back of other window when cursor is being directed to the selected window before when i open any window it would remain there but now while moving the cursor to that...
  6. Cortana hears me but disappears all of a sudden

in Cortana
    Cortana hears me but disappears all of a sudden: After the last update in october I can say "hey Cortana" and she will pop up and display that she is listening, then she just terminates. I know she hears me because she is logging what i say on the microsoft site. I've tried reinstalling with the powershell command, I've...
  7. Windows 10 Wont load at all.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Wont load at all.: I built my PC around 2 years ago, and it was working fine until a few days ago, it crashed after updating drivers and when I tired to boot, it would load fine until the Windows logo, then it crashed with a kmode_exception_not_handled error, I tried a couple more times, hoping...
  8. Windows 10 Weather App Disappears suddenly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Weather App Disappears suddenly.: I have recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and everything was fine then. But recently I am experiencing an issue which is Windows weather app dissapears/close suddenly when kept open for a few seconds. Any help will be greatly appreciated. *Sad*Sad*Sad...
  9. Bluetooth problem - suddenly disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth problem - suddenly disappeared: I am very frustrated. Turned the PC on, worked some time with my bluetooth mouse on, suddenly the mouse stopped working, the occasional OFF-ON the mouse did not help (as it usually does), I went to Settings, and acctually did see the Bluetooth settings dissapeared before...
  10. Unable to start OS on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to start OS on Windows 10.: Wow, where to start. First I want to address that I'm not using my PC at the moment, I'm on my kindle tablet. So, I can't get access to my PC at all. Not even the log in screen. I've tried several methods but no avail. I upgraded my PC on August from Windows 7 to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 all of a sudden wont boot and says it is windows 8.1