Windows 10: Windows 10 all programs and files gone.

Discus and support Windows 10 all programs and files gone. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Okay so today I turned on my pc and for no apparent reason my desktop had changed back to default. All programs I had installed are no longer there and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Twilks, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Twilks Win User

Windows 10 all programs and files gone.

Okay so today I turned on my pc and for no apparent reason my desktop had changed back to default. All programs I had installed are no longer there and ones like iTunes had shortcuts but when I clicked them it then installed them. Also all files such as music and videos can't be located on the pc. I'm stumped as to what has caused this so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

:)

Twilks, Mar 18, 2016
  2. JCTex Win User

all of my programs and files are gone

i have been running the same desktop computer with windows 10 for over a year. it started acting sluggish and I restarted it, now all of my programs and files are gone, please help.

JCTex, Mar 18, 2016
  3. all of my programs and files are gone

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

• Do you receive any error code or error message on the screen?

I suggest you to refer the following article Recovery options in Windows 10
    and follow the procedure in the section Restore from a system restore point
    and check if it resolves the issue.

Click on,
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

I hope the information helps. Keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 18, 2016
  4. RknRusty Win User

Sounds like you might have inadvertently changed user accounts. Click the Windows button and look at the very top where is says the account name. Click on it and see if your old one is listed. Click that and hopefully it will log you back in as you. It happened to me today, and I thought it was blown. It looked like the day I first started it up new, and I started going into panic mode, til I did what I just described. Voila, it all went back to my familiar settings.
    Hope this is all it is,
    Rusty

Windows 10 all programs and files gone. [​IMG]

RknRusty, Mar 18, 2016
  5. RknRusty Win User
    Twilks, have you fixed it yet?

RknRusty, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 all programs and files gone. - Similar Threads - programs files gone

2. Files all gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files all gone: One drive files deleted and also gone from my computer! The one drive recycle bin only had a few! All of my photos and videos are gone!!! Please help me get them back. They are mostly of my granddaughter who is now deceased!!!...
  3. Files all gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files all gone: One drive files deleted and also gone from my computer! The one drive recycle bin only had a few! All of my photos and videos are gone!!! Please help me get them back. They are mostly of my granddaughter who is now deceased!!!...
  4. Windows 10 Reinstalled Itself and All Programs and Files are Gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Reinstalled Itself and All Programs and Files are Gone: Windows 10 reinstalled itself and ALL of my programs are gone including Microsoft Office. All of my files are gone, too. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-reinstalled-itself-and-all-programs-and/1507210f-a123-4109-ac61-9c4c6df42487
  5. Windows 10 Reinstalled Itself and All Programs and Files are Gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Reinstalled Itself and All Programs and Files are Gone: Windows 10 reinstalled itself and ALL of my programs are gone including Microsoft Office. All of my files are gone, too. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-reinstalled-itself-and-all-programs-and/1507210f-a123-4109-ac61-9c4c6df42487
  6. Windows 10 Reinstalled Itself and All Programs and Files are Gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. All files are gone

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    All files are gone: So I recently started my pc like normal, but when it was starting up, it said “the user profile service service failed to sign-in. User Profile can not be loaded.” And when I tried to log in like normal all of my files except for my programs were completely gone, I have since...
  8. All of my files and programs are gone!

All of my files and programs are gone!: I turned on my windows 10 computer after a power outage andwhen it restarted it was Windows 7; all of my files and programs aregone. What happened? How can I get Windows 10 and my stuff back? Isit hidden on a partition of my hard drive? How do I access it?...
  9. All files gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All files gone: Yesterday I ran Ccleaner to remove duplicate items, everything was fine, but today I logged in and all my files are gone. There was a message Dc_wff.dll, I disabled tp-link and that issue was solved, but my files are still gone. I ran EaseUS, it found all my missing files, I...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade - All programs gone

Windows 10 Upgrade - All programs gone: I just got suckered into upgrading from Windows7 to Windows10 (clicking the "download" instead of the "install" button still forces you into an upgrade within a week with no way to cancel). The update itself took 2-3h and it seems to work, at least the desktop comes back up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 all programs and screen gone

2. windows 10 just restarted my computer and all my favorites are gone and so are some of my programs

3. windows 10 all programs and software gone