Windows 10: Windows 10 allow standard users to change network location from public to private.

Discus and support Windows 10 allow standard users to change network location from public to private. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After many days to searching and trying other suggestions I am unable to find a solution to my problem. I am workings with windows 10 build 1803 &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jim_Alexander, May 29, 2019.

1. Windows 10 allow standard users to change network location from public to private.

After many days to searching and trying other suggestions I am unable to find a solution to my problem.

I am workings with windows 10 build 1803 & 1809.

I have our systems set with an administrator account and a standard user account.

Obviously when logged in under the Admin account everything works fine.

When logged in under standard user account any new network connections default to public and I need to be able to give the user the ability to change network details and to private.

Can anyone offer a solution to this problem ?

:)

Jim_Alexander, May 29, 2019
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, May 29, 2019
  3. redturtle Win User
    Set Network Location to Private or Public in Windows 10  

Hi Brink and thank you for the welcome Windows 10 allow standard users to change network location from public to private. :)

I tried what you suggested but when doing this, i noticed that whenever i am connected to my VPN, the Windows network shows up as "unidentified network" instead of network 1,2,3 or whatever. So when i went into regedit and looked for networks, i found some but none called unidentified.
    There was one network with the value 0 so i changed it to 1 (private) but after checking, my VPN connection still shows as public.

I am not really sure why it says unidentified network in Windows when i am connected to the VPN but it seems that this is the cause for the problem. If i could only find the VPN network in the list of networks in regedit, i think i would be able to change the value to 1.

Hmm..not sure how to proceed with this. Any ideas?

Windows 10 allow standard users to change network location from public to private. [​IMG]

redturtle, May 29, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Windows 10 allow standard users to change network location from public to private.

Cannot change network location from public to Private - why

Windows 10 allow standard users to change network location from public to private. [​IMG]

Edwin, May 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 allow standard users to change network location from public to private.

1. Windows 10 allow standard users to change network location from public to private. - Similar Threads - allow standard users

2. Standard Users Unable to Change Network Profile from Public to Private

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Standard Users Unable to Change Network Profile from Public to Private: My organisation has just started joining our endpoints to AAD using Endpoint Manager rather than using local AD. I have noticed since joining a device, standard users are unable to change the network profile from Public to Private, which they were able to do when connected to...
  3. Cannot change network from public to private

Cannot change network from public to private: hello greetings from cloudy Scotland! I would like to ask community for help with network policy. I want to keep all PCs in private net but every time I reset PCs network changes from private to public. I tried to change network from public to private using admin account...
  4. Changing Network Status from public to private

Changing Network Status from public to private: How do I change a network status from public to private in windows 10 version 1803? * Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-network-status-from-public-to-private/ca5e16a5-28ca-407a-be65-3d7e15a905c2
  5. Changing from public to private network in Windows 10

Changing from public to private network in Windows 10: I have a new Modem and a Router from my provider .router haS 4 ethernet port . first port connected to my desktop and it shows I'm on Public Network , my second port connected to my laptop and it shows I'm on Private Network . I don't know why my desktop is on Public and...
  6. Network changed from Private to Public

Network changed from Private to Public: I have windows 10 version 1803 now my wifi network connection shows public not private so I can not get to the internet. HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-changed-from-private-to-public/503943f0-a5e9-483e-b1ef-a964d4e99178
  7. Cannot change network location from public to Private - why

Cannot change network location from public to Private - why: I have extensively viewed the net for a solution, and have tried (as far as I know) every suggestion to make the change without success. Your comments/suggestions would be welcomed Thanks in advance 28681
  8. change network location from public to private

change network location from public to private: Hi guys I am running a laptop with windows 10 , so how do I change the network profile from public to private . thanks 86368
  9. Change Network from Public to Private

Change Network from Public to Private: So I have Windows 10 up and running...How do I change my home Wi-Fi from Public networks to Private? I also want to join my homegroup however cannot seem to figure it out.... Thanks 12023
  10. Set Network Location to Private or Public in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Network Location to Private or Public in Windows 10: How to: Set Network Location to Private, Public, or Domain in Windows 10 How to Set Network Location to Private, Public, or Domain in Windows 10 A network location identifies the type of network that a PC is connected to with a network adapter. By default, the first...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to allow change of user on a network