Windows 10: Windows 10 allows sign in but hangs after password

Discus and support Windows 10 allows sign in but hangs after password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Is there any resolution to a problem where Windows 10 will not login after entering the password? There is no indication that there is anything wrong... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DarylKinton, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 allows sign in but hangs after password

Is there any resolution to a problem where Windows 10 will not login after entering the password? There is no indication that there is anything wrong with the password and it worked fine until it didn't. Have gone through all the options in system recovery safe mode etc. Hardware check in BIOS reveals nothing. Have tried multiple defrag options etc. Found a Windows boot log that indicated only first few files loaded and then most didn't. I assume this is the problem but how do I figure out what is causing most of the files not to load and correct this issue? I see one similar issue on here with a lot of back and forth where the user seemingly just gave up.... Or at least he didn't reply

:)

DarylKinton, Oct 10, 2020

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Windows 10 allows sign in but hangs after password

Password to sign in

Hi Rosa,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know whether you are using Microsoft/Local account to sign in to Windows 10.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Change under Change your account password.

• Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.

• Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Add under PIN.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.

• Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 allows sign in but hangs after password

1. Windows 10 allows sign in but hangs after password - Similar Threads - allows sign hangs

2. After Windows 10 reset sign-in with password is no longer available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After Windows 10 reset sign-in with password is no longer available: I was doing a Windows reset recently. Now after the reset the option to sign in with a username & password has disappeared. Windows 10 is always asking me to create a PIN - but I don't want to create a PIN, I want to use a username & password. It's beyond my understanding why...
  3. Windows 10 hangs after logon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 hangs after logon: After I logon to my windows 10 pro computer I get a black screen and am unable to do anything. I can press ctr-alt-del and click on task manager but it never shows on the screen. I tried to boot into safe mode and also in this mode I am unable to start task manager. Once I...
  4. Windows 10 Hanged after startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Hanged after startup: This is the first time this is happening. I will relate all that was happening at the time after booting laptop. This afternoon, I switched on Edge and the starting tab didn't show all my favourite linked sites. Even though that was odd I checked my mail. And that was when...
  5. Windows 10 hangs after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 hangs after login: On firend's 3-y old laptop happened today something I saw for the first time: There is set autologin and after boot and this autologin desktop shows as usual and I have only few seconds to do something - open menu or settings, get titles of icons in tray but then it stops...
  6. Recaptcha is hanging on Windows 10 sign-in to Kobo. Solutions?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recaptcha is hanging on Windows 10 sign-in to Kobo. Solutions?: Kobo is asking for a sign-up when I try setting up my Kobo Glo after doing a factory reset, but I cannot get past Recaptcha's Verify button; it just hangs....
  7. Not allowed to change password or sign in options after being prompted to change my pin...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not allowed to change password or sign in options after being prompted to change my pin...: Sorry for the large pictures, I can't shrink the them in this format. So I woke up this morning sleepily and fumbled with my keyboard as I tried to sign in with my finger print scanner. As I did that I was told that my organization is forcing me to change my password. I...
  8. Password protected windows 10 will not sign me in after update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password protected windows 10 will not sign me in after update?: After I get a update on windows 10, I cannot sign into my computer. I sometimes have to change my password but this time it gave me another drive to find my password on. I upgraded my friends computer also and the same problem....
  9. Windows 10 will not allow me to sign in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 will not allow me to sign in: It's installed on Parallels and does not accept any input, says I've tried too many times. I just logged on, no tries. I don't need this, private computer that no one but me has access too, nothing on the computer anyway. How do I gain access? How do I set it so that it...
  10. "Sign in options" hangs

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "Sign in options" hangs: When I click on "Sign in options" nothing happens. It just sits there and goes nowhere. It actually hangs up so that I can not click anything else but the exit "x" button. Can this be corrected? 31453