Windows 10: Windows 10 almost 90gb in size?

Discus and support Windows 10 almost 90gb in size? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The above suggestion to download Linux Mint seems good as well. I wonder if I can create a live DVD with that and somehow browse to the system volume... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by donegaljoe, Jan 17, 2016.

1. topgundcp Win User

Windows 10 almost 90gb in size?

You can create a live CD using either USB or DVD. Boot up then double click on My Computer and navigate to C drive to delete the folder. The reason I suggest using Linux because if you use Windows Recovery disk or WinPE, you will have the permission problem and won't be able to delete it.

Here's what it looks like in Linux Mint. I just deleted "System Volume Information"

Windows 10 almost 90gb in size? [​IMG]

Windows re-created a new folder 20KB in size:

topgundcp, Jan 18, 2016

2. Thank you Topgundcp, that is very useful. Will be using it when I get computer back, and will post back , asap when computer is returned to me.

Thanks to all others as well for your help, really appreciated.

*Smile

Joe

donegaljoe, Jan 18, 2016
  3. Just an update, I got computer back, tried mint but fatal error for some reason booting up as a live cd, tried an old version of Linux I have lying around Puppy Linux live cd, doesn't support usb keyboards or mice, but I had older ones here so managed to use them.

Was able to log on and see the system volume folder in the windows drive, but for some reason couldn't delete them, write or read error or something like that.

Maybe I should have gone into properties on drive and had to allow something.

Anyways got fed up with it all and reset pc to windows 8.1 and upgraded to 10 again, everything seems fine now 41gb instead of the former 80-90gb.

I would like to thank everyone for all their help
    Joe

donegaljoe, Jan 28, 2016
  4. Windows 10 almost 90gb in size?

Well if you do the upgrade there is a file created that's called windows.old which stores setting and you OS that you upgraded from. You have 30 days to roll back before it goes away.

orlbuckeye, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 almost 90gb in size?

1. Windows 10 almost 90gb in size? - Similar Threads - almost 90gb size

2. Windows 10 almost destroyed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 almost destroyed: My windows 10 copy is almost destroyed, I can't access "reset this PC" there is no restore point, almost nothing works. PLEASE. HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-almost-destroyed/a5079562-ce95-4e67-9e1d-d7023f94e6ad
  3. Windows 10 almost destroyed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 almost destroyed: My windows 10 copy is almost destroyed, I can't access "reset this PC" there is no restore point, almost nothing works. PLEASE. HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-almost-destroyed/a5079562-ce95-4e67-9e1d-d7023f94e6ad
  4. Windows 10 almost destroyed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WHERE IS THE SCREEN SIZE SIZE SIZE NOT RESOLUTION BUT SCREEN SIZE FOUND ON MY WINDOWS 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHERE IS THE SCREEN SIZE SIZE SIZE NOT RESOLUTION BUT SCREEN SIZE FOUND ON MY WINDOWS 10...: It is NOT my TV. It is NOT resolution. It IS the displayed screen size. I need to bring the borders of my screen IN. EVERY option found online does NOTHING save say... change the resolution... or icon size... where my displayed screen border still DOESN'T FIT regardless of...
  6. WHERE IS THE SCREEN SIZE SIZE SIZE NOT RESOLUTION BUT SCREEN SIZE FOUND ON MY WINDOWS 10...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHERE IS THE SCREEN SIZE SIZE SIZE NOT RESOLUTION BUT SCREEN SIZE FOUND ON MY WINDOWS 10...: It is NOT my TV. It is NOT resolution. It IS the displayed screen size. I need to bring the borders of my screen IN. EVERY option found online does NOTHING save say... change the resolution... or icon size... where my displayed screen border still DOESN'T FIT regardless of...
  7. WHERE IS THE SCREEN SIZE SIZE SIZE NOT RESOLUTION BUT SCREEN SIZE FOUND ON MY WINDOWS 10...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows 10 almost as if disappeared but still there

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 almost as if disappeared but still there: I recently updated my pc and when I turned it back on windows star search and everything but apps stopped working in my taskbar. I looked at many tutorials and some said to go to the task manager my task manager is completley blank. I try to go to peraonilazition. It says my...
  9. Windows 10 and size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 and size: Is it possible to install windows 10 on a pc that ONLY has 4 GBs of storage? The answer is obviously no, so let me rephrase the question: Can you make you windows 10 installer so lite by using Win toolkit to make it fit within those 4 GBs? submitted by /u/nagas3000...
  10. Windows 10 size

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 size: Hello! I would like to know how many GB windows 10 home x64 bits, with all updates. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-size/b6f79294-e1bd-483d-b0e9-f333ef0c4e9b