Windows 10: Windows 10 almost all system functions non-working

Discus and support Windows 10 almost all system functions non-working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Today morning when I turned on the computer,I found out that the Start menu isn't working. This issue is very common for me and restarting explorer.exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 马渊, May 30, 2019.

1. 马渊 Win User

Windows 10 almost all system functions non-working

Today morning when I turned on the computer,I found out that the Start menu isn't working. This issue is very common for me and restarting explorer.exe always works. So I just open up the task manager and restarted explorer.exe, but that doesn't solve the problem. I restarted my computer and this is when the horror started.

After it restarted, I find myself unable to open built-in apps and functions like Settings and Windows Search, and the Home menu still doesn't work. I tried to open up Task manager, but it doesn't work. after a while it pops up a message saying that it's not responsive. same to other functions like service.msc, almost all the functions doesn't work, except the command line and the file manager. I ran a CHKDSK but it tells me everything is fine, I tried a lot of ways of solving this problem, and nothing worked for me. The only way I haven't tried yet is completely wipe the hard drive and re-install the OS. the only programs I can use is third-party ones like Google Chrome. I need to use my computer and it's really frustrating for me, I'll be very grateful if somebody could help me. My computer is a HP EliteBook 840 with Windows 10 Home edition installed.

P.S. My computer once had a repair but it didn't go very successful. But after that my laptop still can work properly(but must always be plugged in) for 2 years until this happened.

Second P.S. I recently disabled the Windows update service because it's using too much of my computer's CPU and Hard drive.

:)

马渊, May 30, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 30, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 30, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 almost all system functions non-working - Similar Threads - almost system functions

2. Non functioning microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Non functioning microphone: microphone is not working. video recording is working without audio. * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/non-functioning-microphone/b60c63ed-8832-4a9a-9fde-8da4c83a72cf
  3. Non-Functioning Windows 10 Search Bar

in Cortana
    Non-Functioning Windows 10 Search Bar: The search bar in windows 10 is not currently working for me. When I click on the search bar, it does not let me type anything, and the window that appears above the search bar after clicking on it is blank most of the time, occasionally it will flash the normal apps. The...
  4. Setting and their All function are Not working...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting and their All function are Not working...: Setting option is not functioning in My laptop... I try to chnage and repair option but it couldn;t help me to solve the issue. All the fuctionality inside the setting are not working .. Can anybody help me ,please........
  5. Brother Printer Non-Functional in Windows 10

Brother Printer Non-Functional in Windows 10: I am working with a client who has a Brother MFC-5890CN, I'm migrating him from Windows XP to Windows 10. His printer works perfectly on his XP machine but so far I can't get it to work at all under 10. Explorer.exe throws an error picture below when I attempt to open its...
  6. Non Functioning webcam

Non Functioning webcam: I have a Packard Bell TJ64 laptop which I bought in 2010. When I try to open the webcam it gives the error code 0xA00F4244camera not attached. It is not listed in the Device Manager. According to the Program List it is a Chicory version 1.7.82.1209. The Chicory website...
  7. Almost all windows 10 features stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Almost all windows 10 features stopped working: Hi, i have this issue with my laptop, its a dell inspiron 3537 running windows 10, i cant access any of the following: 1- start menu. 2- settings app. 3. Network connections interface. 4. All windows 10 preinstalled apps 5. Task bar (only shortcuts that i created work)....
  8. With recent Windows update all Microsoft applications are non functioning.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    With recent Windows update all Microsoft applications are non functioning.: And by non-functioning, it appears as though they were never installed after the update. Including the Windows Store. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] Additionally, something I'd noticed just while posting these, but all of the files are defaulting to my user account with TEMP....
  9. Windows 10 and ALL functions associated with Windows 10 not functioning

Windows 10 and ALL functions associated with Windows 10 not functioning: After a failed Windows 10 update I cannot access ANY functions associated with windows. The start menu does not respond, I cannont type in the search bar and NONE of the icons in the system tray are responding. This is for an ASUS 10 inch windows tablet with a detachable...
  10. Troubleshooter non-functional

Troubleshooter non-functional: I just tried to run my troubleshooter, however says try again later. This is the first time I have ever seen this. Please advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/troubleshooter-non-functional/8756885e-989a-46f3-87b5-9c8170ef89dc