Windows 10: Windows 10 almost unusable after update 20H2

Discus and support Windows 10 almost unusable after update 20H2 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10 with paid license. I thought updating would be useful, it's worked well until now. Can't open the Start menu, sound doesn't work, can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/-AlexBard, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Windows 10 almost unusable after update 20H2

Windows 10 with paid license. I thought updating would be useful, it's worked well until now.

Can't open the Start menu, sound doesn't work, can't connect to wi-fi without troubleshooter. Windows says it will fix Start after logoff, but nothing happens after Restart.

I can't access Start and Updates. Is there anything I can do apart from reinstalling from scratch? Thanks.

submitted by /u/-AlexBard
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/-AlexBard, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 almost unusable after update 20H2

1. Windows 10 almost unusable after update 20H2 - Similar Threads - almost unusable update

2. Help with almost unusable usb stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with almost unusable usb stick: Hi there. I have a kingston 32gb thumb drive. I tried to install windows on it with rufus and it became read only. It switched to RAW and is write protected. I can't do anything neither from AOMEI partition assistant or diskpart. I already tried "attributes disk clear...
  3. Help with almost unusable usb stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with almost unusable usb stick: Hi there. I have a kingston 32gb thumb drive. I tried to install windows on it with rufus and it became read only. It switched to RAW and is write protected. I can't do anything neither from AOMEI partition assistant or diskpart. I already tried "attributes disk clear...
  4. Help with almost unusable usb stick

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No sound after windows 10 20H2 Update 20H2 current

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No sound after windows 10 20H2 Update 20H2 current: While I'm using my new laptop for a month. Today, I start noticing that when I'm watching the Youtube content on the MS edge it's completely silent but if I use my wireless headset then sound comeback. After that, I go on surfing through the internet. I've tried a lot of...
  6. Windows 10 20H2 update causing serious hanging issues - unusable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 20H2 update causing serious hanging issues - unusable: I have a machine which has just been updated to 20H2 build 19042.630 and it has rendered my machine unusable. Almost any operation which interreacts with the "file open/save" dialog box causes the application using that to "hang". Task Manager says the process is "Not...
  7. Laptop almost completely unusable after Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop almost completely unusable after Windows update: List of issues the new update caused on my computer: Task manager has completely stopped working Unable to open any folder that is withing a folder Extreme lag I get 6 fps on a simple tetris game i made Unable to close any tab, be it chrome or for example, Steam, with...
  8. Windows 10 Laptop Almost Completely Unusable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Laptop Almost Completely Unusable: A few days ago, i logged onto my laptop to find that it was in ‘safe mode’ with a black background and i had no sound and couldn’t use the internet. Every other device in my house has perfect internet. I managed to get the computer out of safe mode by using some tricks of...
  9. Windows 10 is unusable after Update 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 is unusable after Update 1803: I have tried multiple times to try to get this update to install properly, and every time it fails. The update appears to go OK, until I get to the point where I have to login again. At which point, Windows 10 is unusable, the desktop has reset itself, and I cannot even...
  10. [1803] almost unuseable with one core processors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    [1803] almost unuseable with one core processors: Hello. I need to vent some steam, so here it goes. Doing a clean x86 installation on an old one core laptop with 2GB RAM makes the computer almost unuseable because w10 is so bloated with background crap that microprocessor usage is almost 100% all the time. Replacing WD...