Windows 10: Windows 10 Alt + Tab does not reset after releasing Alt and Tab and then pressing again

Discus and support Windows 10 Alt + Tab does not reset after releasing Alt and Tab and then pressing again in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Repro: Alt + Tab Switch from current app to last used Release Alt and Tab Press Alt + Tab again Expected: Switch from current app to last used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Roger Roger lol, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Alt + Tab does not reset after releasing Alt and Tab and then pressing again

Repro:

Alt + Tab

Switch from current app to last used

Release Alt and Tab

Press Alt + Tab again

Expected:

Switch from current app to last used

Actual:

Switches from current app to second last used

Workaround:

Release Alt and Tab and wait a full second or two and then press Alt + Tab

I think a change must have been made that doesn't allow you to use this shortcut, release it, and do it again in quick succession This makes this shortcut less valuable since you can't do it fast and save the time from moving you mouse.

:)

Roger Roger lol, Dec 21, 2020

2. alt + tab not working

Just found a really cool way to make alt+tab INSTANT!!!

In the launch options write the following: -windowed -noborder

Windows 10 Alt + Tab does not reset after releasing Alt and Tab and then pressing again Capture122.jpg

This play exactly the same as fullscreen but now you dont have to wait 30 f*@!ing seconds to alt+tab back in!

Also you don't get the little purple/black checkered effect (only in Source games) from alt+tabbing in fullscreen.

oli_ramsay, Dec 21, 2020
  3. mrhuggles Win User
    alt + tab not working

i always just use the windows key to get back to the desktop [pops up the start dealy, doesn't need anything to alt+tab to]

mrhuggles, Dec 21, 2020
  4. xCustom17 Win User

Windows 10 Alt + Tab does not reset after releasing Alt and Tab and then pressing again

ALT + TAB Not switching on release

Hi,

I've been having a bit of trouble with Windows the last few days, which has to to lead me to reinstall it over my current windows. Just mentioning it in case it might be relevant.

But my problem is that I'm used to having to press ALT+TAB and it would display the open programs, and when I release the combo, it would switch me to the program. But now I've noticed that when I press ALT+TAB, and release the combo, the little UI thingy still stays open and I either need to click the choice or press enter or something. And this is really annoying since I switch programs on a regular basis and this extra step feels unnecessary.

xCustom17, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Alt + Tab does not reset after releasing Alt and Tab and then pressing again

1. Windows 10 Alt + Tab does not reset after releasing Alt and Tab and then pressing again - Similar Threads - Alt Tab does

2. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab: Hai.While using the Alt+Tab feature, I would like to hide certain windows from appearing in it. Because, I use two screens for multi tasking and have certain windows idly open. This makes the Alt+tab too clumsy and difficult to choose the app that I need. Any suggestions...
  3. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt+Tab: Hai.While using the Alt+Tab feature, I would like to hide certain windows from appearing in it. Because, I use two screens for multi tasking and have certain windows idly open. This makes the Alt+tab too clumsy and difficult to choose the app that I need. Any suggestions...
  4. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  5. Alt+Tab

Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  6. ALT highlight trigger when press ALT + TAB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALT highlight trigger when press ALT + TAB: When I try use ALT TAB to look for other windows, and comeback to original windows, the menu got highlighted in original windowsExample:When I try to type this question, and ALT TAB twice, I need to press ESC to exit menu highlight. its a bit annoying when you need to type...
  7. ALT highlight trigger when press ALT + TAB

ALT highlight trigger when press ALT + TAB: When I try use ALT TAB to look for other windows, and comeback to original windows, the menu got highlighted in original windowsExample:When I try to type this question, and ALT TAB twice, I need to press ESC to exit menu highlight. its a bit annoying when you need to type...
  8. alt+tab

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    alt+tab: when i alt+tab it use to show previews but then all of a sudden it stopped. i don't exactly remember when it stopped but it doesn't show previews only icons submitted by /u/venusarr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jpfjbx/alttab/
  9. Alt-Tab app-chooser does not go away when I release the Alt key.. (Alt-Tab freezes)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alt-Tab app-chooser does not go away when I release the Alt key.. (Alt-Tab freezes): Mostly I see this talked about in gaming, but I don't play games In my windows 10, if I press ALT+TAB I see the switcher dialog pane appear. Holding ALT and tabbing moves the selection rectangle to the next window, and ALT+SHIFT+TAB moves it back - so far so good but: *...
  10. ALT + TAB Not switching on release

in Windows 10 Support
    ALT + TAB Not switching on release: Hi, I've been having a bit of trouble with Windows the last few days, which has to to lead me to reinstall it over my current windows. Just mentioning it in case it might be relevant. But my problem is that I'm used to having to press ALT+TAB and it would display the...